The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hybrid question

Rataroto
Rataroto
✭✭✭✭
Anyone knows if Taderi and Makderi runes are going to become "the same". Because the way I read it, it seems abilities will scale off of whatever is higher, meaning you'd still want to stack either spell damage and max magicka or weapon damage and max stamina.

I ask this because its very annoying to have to re-enchant my jewelry every time I spec for a trial and want to play stam when had just played mag and vice versa (Kinra being the offender).
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have to go all in on one or the other.
  • Icy_Nelyan
    Icy_Nelyan
    ✭✭✭
    From what ZOS said (I guess Gina Bruno in a patch Notes post), this isn't the last iteration about hybridization, there should be another one (at least) to modify consumables and I guess runes too.

For now equipment have Hybrid stats, most skills (along with light and heavy attacks) scales with your highest stat between stamina and magicka and weapon or spell damage.

For more informatition about this Just take a look carefully inside patch notes on PTS, It should be the first patch notes the 7.3.0 post.
    Edited by Icy_Nelyan on March 13, 2022 10:21AM
  • Talonlord
    Talonlord
    While trying out builds on the PTS I've found that my weapon & spell damage were often identical aside from whichever my jewellery increased, to the point where I switched from stamplar to magplar and changed my enchantments from weapon damage to spell damage accordingly, only to find out my tooltips were identical.

However, in the current iteration of hybridization, potions still give only one of Major Berserk or Sorcery, not both, and of course your jewellery enchantments will only get enhanced if you acquire the matching buff.

If you can easily access the opposing weapon/spell damage buff it shouldn't matter which of the two you focus on. But if your build depends on potions to acquire those buffs you'll likely be better off matching your enchantments accordingly.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icy_Nelyan wrote: »
    From what ZOS said (I guess Gina Bruno in a patch Notes post), this isn't the last iteration about hybridization, there should be another one (at least) to modify consumables and I guess runes too.

For now equipment have Hybrid stats, most skills (along with light and heavy attacks) scales with your highest stat between stamina and magicka and weapon or spell damage.

For more informatition about this Just take a look carefully inside patch notes on PTS, It should be the first patch notes the 7.3.0 post.

Theres no reason to hibridize enchants or consumables wth. All this tells me is that they plan to kill stam, so mag is the only resource used and stam only exists for dodging and running etc
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭
    Icy_Nelyan wrote: »

Theres no reason to hibridize enchants or consumables wth. All this tells me is that they plan to kill stam, so mag is the only resource used and stam only exists for dodging and running etc

I think if it all becomes 'critical chance', 'damage', the game would be better off. Especially if maximum resource got taken off of damage calculations. Meaning it truly becomes a balancing act between max resource choice and armor choices, being more likely to use 3/4 for armor split. Maximum resources just have to be enough to sustain the abilities, but I still think more stamina based morphs should be added in order to still keep stamina/medium armor based setups relevant. For the good of the game, Relequen should be nerfed as well, give stamina dds other options.