The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Logging multiple chars is absolutely FRUSTRATING

Coatmagic
Coatmagic
✭✭✭✭✭
Trying to test the achiev system. Started at the bottom of my list 18 so my last logged in will be my main. I think this is correct order?

Anyway, OMG, this is so very frustrating! Every other load being booted back to log in MULTIPLE TIMES.

It is not on my end, I never have connectivity issues, so what exactly is going on here?

How am I supposed to test something if the server is so wonky that it's causing me to want to tear my hair out...?

Please advise.

>^^<
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe this should be posted in achievement bugs?
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh I gave up. Did a search for the error and as with all the other bugs it has been around forever.
  • Saieden
    Saieden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is already an issue on PTS, good luck logging in on patch day. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the database/server grinds to a halt in the first few hours this goes live as everyone is loading their characters into the new system.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saieden wrote: »
    If this is already an issue on PTS, good luck logging in on patch day. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the database/server grinds to a halt in the first few hours this goes live as everyone is loading their characters into the new system.

Whelp, that's a fire ZOS will have inflicted on themselves. I won't be logging in on live that day, and I won't be logging in on any of my alts at all, so I won't be contributing to the fuel.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep in mind the live server has more HPs than the PTS server and It should fare better. That said, there are always issues on patch release day, so sometimes it pays to wait to log in until the evening when things settle.
    Playing since beta...
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been on PTS all morning, created two new chars and tested an old one. No issue at all.
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    Keep in mind the live server has more HPs than the PTS server and It should fare better. That said, there are always issues on patch release day, so sometimes it pays to wait to log in until the evening when things settle.

What I don't get is why ZOS NEVER tests the build they actually deploy on patch day. Why in the world would you not test the actual build you plan to push to players.

When this update hits regular servers, I guarantee it will have a different build date and time than whatever the last build published to PTS was.
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When this update hits regular servers, I guarantee it will have a different build date and time than whatever the last build published to PTS was.

I’m pretty sure that’s what we’re all hoping for.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    Maybe this should be posted in achievement bugs?
    It doesn't sound like an achievement bug though, logging in on characters isn't strictly an issue with achievements.

Unfortunately OP the servers can indeed get wonky. It's just something we have to deal with. This happens to me on live all the time; I go to logout to character select and a good 60-70% of the time I end up crashing back to the login screen.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!