Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Whitestrake's Mayhem 101 - Feb 2022

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Great guide, @VaranisArano! We pinned it for players to reference when Whitestrake's Mayhem starts.

@VaranisArano should probably get an 11th star for getting pinned. Haha
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get an explanation as to why sets are missing from the golden vendor?

@Zos_kevin
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I will never understand is how for 2 weeks the servers work really well, zerg fights don't get as laggy and you can cast pretty much everything, but the rest of the year its god awful!
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing working well at all. Not even late at night.
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP players can't really complain about the Qs for IC, they are adding to them by ganking the PvE who have to stay longer in IC to complete the ticket.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds are still not giving truly random queues. 99.9% are Deathmatch.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »

The Battlegrounds queues won't change back to Solo/Group Random until Update 33 Ascending Tide launches.

Since that hasn't happened yet, we're still using the queue system that gives mostly deathmatches.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mostly a PVP'r here.
    But do wander in to Cyrodiil and Imperial City and meet DEATH so often.

This event- Imperial City - was AWESOME!!! (Cyrodiil was packed...)

I also noticed messages like 'meaningless less death' where 4 or more people kill you. Never noticed that before.

Ran with gangs, got into fight, got killed, killed. It is truly mayhem. But learning a bit more each time! And am liking it!

Lame Noob tips
    • If you are not in a group - follow a group. It will be messing and confusing, but you will live long enough to get more of a feel. You might even wrack up a kill or two
    • Crouch....hide, sneak!
    • Use the building and wrecks to hide behind
    • Don't stand still! Keep moving! Get your virtual situational awareness on! Learn the areas you are in!
    • Be gracious in death and victory!

Feel free to share your noob experiences. Or to tweak the list above.

Z
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Mostly a PVP'r here.
    But do wander in to Cyrodiil and Imperial City and meet DEATH so often.

This event- Imperial City - was AWESOME!!! (Cyrodiil was packed...)

I also noticed messages like 'meaningless less death' where 4 or more people kill you. Never noticed that before.

Ran with gangs, got into fight, got killed, killed. It is truly mayhem. But learning a bit more each time! And am liking it!

Lame Noob tips
    • If you are not in a group - follow a group. It will be messing and confusing, but you will live long enough to get more of a feel. You might even wrack up a kill or two
    • Crouch....hide, sneak!
    • Use the building and wrecks to hide behind
    • Don't stand still! Keep moving! Get your virtual situational awareness on! Learn the areas you are in!
    • Be gracious in death and victory!

Feel free to share your noob experiences. Or to tweak the list above.

Z

Great advice! Though if you are on PC, I think there's some addons that add some humorous "tips" to the death recaps.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I learned that Dark Convergence triggers on Healing Springs and the Siege Shield ability. 🪦
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

EXPECTING SEVERAL HOURS OF DOWNTIME FOR PC/NA.
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »

There is 2 options dm and random, people just choose the first one and don't read it
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today I learned the mobs in Cheydinhal sometimes drop free repair kits.

Why doesn’t AD get a town like that?! *sulks*
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

EXPECTING SEVERAL HOURS OF DOWNTIME FOR PC/NA.
  • LokiAndBlack
    LokiAndBlack
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got already those Black Drake Body and Face Markings. If yes how many boxes did you farm?
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    Every single fight I have gotten into these last two days has ended with me being kicked out at the height of battle, losing out on the group I was in. the AP and the EXP. It astounds me in the almost two years I've been gone, how little has changed in the frustration of this event. I figure the game owes me two levels at least ;)
  • S0Z0H
    S0Z0H
    ✭✭✭
    Freezes and game crashes galore, why even have an event that compounds the issues with your antiquated server? The player limit should be shrunk to compensate for the dumpster fire experience. 2022 is the year of the server upgrade apparently, they said it's going to take the greater part of this year to complete per this official post
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/595442/eso-pvp-update-january-2022

Ya this game shouldn't be allowed to operate til it actually runs ok. This is a joke
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone got already those Black Drake Body and Face Markings. If yes how many boxes did you farm?

I wasn't even sure they were dropping in boxes.

None so far.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a well written out guide! @VaranisArano you are such a valued, and may I add, insightful* ;) contributor to these forums! GG to everyone partaking in our beloved MYM event! **also, i think you're going to give @ZOS_GinaBruno a run for her money on forum points total, SOON, hahah.
    Edited by Odovacar on February 22, 2022 3:26PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All. Just wanted to note that we moved this thread to the events category.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Just wanted to update that we have unpinned this now that the event is over. Thanks again, @VaranisArano for putting this together and sharing!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You encourage playing and building defensively and get pinned? Seriously? One of the biggest problems with PvP is that people would rather make a damageless build with 40k health (that still dies) than to run a build that can kill other players. In doing so you ruin the best parts of PvP for others and yourself. I get that you’re trying to give helpful advice, but that part shouldn’t be there.