The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

No assistants in the tutorial?

PapaJester
PapaJester
✭✭✭
But why, tho?
If someone has one, and wants to use it in the tutorial for whatever reason, why not allow it?
Like, who was in the meeting saying, "bAnKeR oP, pLz nErF"? Players in the tutorial are level 1, if they use their banker to transfer some starter gear to their new toon, so what? Was the goal to discourage people starting alts from actually doing the tutorial? Was it impacting performance or something?
I dunno, just seems pointless, and takes value away from something purchased with real-world money (albeiit, not much).
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think it was more related to the deconstruction assistant specifically (i think there were some bugs related to that with starter equipment in the tutorials)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • skyrimfantasy
    skyrimfantasy
    ✭✭✭
    i think it was more related to the deconstruction assistant specifically (i think there were some bugs related to that with starter equipment in the tutorials)

if that is indeed the case, why can't they add the explanation to the notes? i understand they don't want to write a book, but a little explanation on some of this stuff would clear up the intent and unrest in the players left to wonder why
  • PapaJester
    PapaJester
    ✭✭✭
    lol what an elegant solution.
    I mean, yeah, I guess that would prevent bugs popping up with their new assistant. But I think the point about maybe just putting an explanation in the notes is a fair one.

And if that is the reason, then their solution is just silly. Don't get me wrong, I generally don't care what they do for the tutorial. I will rarely, if ever, find myself in there. It's an absurd response to forbid all assistants if the reason is bugs caused by just the newest of them. But I *am* morbidly curious what drastic, game-breaking bug or imbalance was behind the decision.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like the typical approach. Find a bug, smash bug with a hammer and shatter the entire window, rather than just using a flyswatter.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PapaJester wrote: »
    lol what an elegant solution.
    I mean, yeah, I guess that would prevent bugs popping up with their new assistant. But I think the point about maybe just putting an explanation in the notes is a fair one.

And if that is the reason, then their solution is just silly. Don't get me wrong, I generally don't care what they do for the tutorial. I will rarely, if ever, find myself in there. It's an absurd response to forbid all assistants if the reason is bugs caused by just the newest of them. But I *am* morbidly curious what drastic, game-breaking bug or imbalance was behind the decision.

i think this post in the bug thread for the assistant is probably why they did it

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7513517/#Comment_7513517

i can maybe see the case for that, but i also agree its like sledgehammer to tiny nail when trying to solve the problem since its only the deconstruction assistant that is the problem, not necessarily the banker or merchant
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on February 28, 2022 9:39PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014