The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blood Frenzy Nerf what a sh...

Fantalior
Fantalior
✭✭✭
Hi, first of all, when the Blood Frenzy ability was introduced with Greymoor, I let my Stamina NB change from a werewolf to a vampire to compensate for the Balorgh nerf at the time. At that time - 500 weapon power (due to the ultimate limitation to 500 out of 1000) was not accepted without compensation. I mean now the last gankblade pvp build gets killed too, RIP :s:'(:(

There are already enough thick PvP builds on the way right now in IC for the white plank event and then one of the last damage skills should be punished so hard. I mean from 600 weapon damage, what's that 33 or 40 per pulse, that's not even 10% of the initial damage when the Blood Frenzy ability punishes you enough by losing life in PvP. Just ridiculous and not well thought out!! What's so bad about damage spikes, I mean you become a one-hit yourself with the ability.
It's just sad, since glad the New World was driven to the wall really!!
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was a broken skill that was ripe for abuse. It was also the only good skill in the vampire tool kit, though that's being generous: the main utility of the skill was to one-shot gank people in pvp (not fun for the receiving players), and in top-end highly optimized vet trial/dungeon runs to kill bosses in under 30 seconds. The nerf kills the skill, it makes it bad but also makes it still look good enough so new players that don't know any better will slot it.

Old vampire, pre revamp, wasn't good either, but it was better than what it has turned into. It didn't really have any good skills aside from the sometimes viable ultimate, and the passive magicka boost. But at least it didn't nerf your character and then not give you anything in return like the new vampire. New vampire needs a rework, none of the skills are worth using nor is it worth using in any build. It's a roleplay skill line now, plain and simple.

That's not to say that pvp doesn't have its issues, it does, but the nerf to this skill was written on the wall when it was released. It went through like 3 different versions before it landed where it's going to next patch. It wasn't designed well, same with the whole new vampire skill line.
    Edited by merpins on February 27, 2022 9:43AM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a nerf for a majority with the only good thing being you can keep it on forever without having to toggle it on and off over and over to stay alive. Think of it more as a permanent buff or a slow charge burst heal in the case with Sated Fury.

Unless they do something to make Simmering Frenzy good enough to leave on forever like Sated Fury is you'll see only one morph being used, and only for people crazy enough to actually use it.
    Edited by Vevvev on February 27, 2022 4:48PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK