The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is it time for a publicly available email survey?

Zezin
Zezin
✭✭✭✭✭
Something gauging the player perception of AwA linking to both the website post and Q&A thread so we can finally have an idea of how the community as a whole perceives this.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to say that you're a good person.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said that the primary reason they did this is so the game would be "performant" in the future. We have no idea what that means, but it is not a matter where player makes much of a difference.

They basically already said it's coming out so long as it doesn't cause catastrophic performance issues. I wish they'd at least give us more information on what those issues are, I have a thread asking them.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on February 24, 2022 1:29AM
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    I just wanted to say that you're a good person.

Awww thanks, personally I'm all for the AwA myself but if this is going to hurt the community then I'd rather not have tbh. It makes me sad seeing all the goodbye posts.
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    They said that the primary reason they did this is so the game would be "performant" in the future. We have no idea what that means, but it is not a matter where player makes much of a difference.

They basically already said it's coming out so long as it doesn't cause catastrophic performance issues. I wish they'd at least give us more information on what those issues are, I have a thread asking them.

Depending on how it comes out I doubt they wouldn't try a different approach.
  • CrystalExarch
    CrystalExarch
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    They said that the primary reason they did this is so the game would be "performant" in the future. We have no idea what that means,
    Performant is a computer/ engineering jargon meaning that a system or program can work acceptably, within standards, even if not optimally. In other words, the game will run good enough - as if it doesn't do that now. :|

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What community are we speaking of? The forums do not appropriately represent the player base as we tend to be more passionate about ideas and topics. Heck, most of the player base would not respond.
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    What community are we speaking of? The forums do not appropriately represent the player base as we tend to be more passionate about ideas and topics. Heck, most of the player base would not respond.

The entirety of the ESO player base. Why would they send an email survey exclusively for people in the forums? I'm talking about anyone with a registered ESO account.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zezin wrote: »
    Something gauging the player perception of AwA linking to both the website post and Q&A thread so we can finally have an idea of how the community as a whole perceives this.

I would do it in game. When you log in, a modal window you can't dismiss until you fill it out.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Mephit
    Mephit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zezin wrote: »

I would do it in game. When you log in, a modal window you can't dismiss until you fill it out.

Yeah, and it should ask sensible questions, and not just "do you want AWA?". It should clearly explain the options and the pros / cons / what is gained / lost.

The AWA feedback thread has proven that "generally" most people (including the dissenters like me) are in favour of some kind of AWA. It is the implementation that is lazy / amateur / unforgivable.

This should have happened months ago.

But it ain't gonna happen.