The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Museum & Collection Quests

Deter1UK
Deter1UK
✭✭✭✭✭
Much has been said about the Museum of Musical Instruments but it's not the only collection quest

Wrothgar Summerset and North Elswyr also come to mind as examples

Were these also affected in the same way?

Will I take a new character into Wrothgar and see the museum full of objects that I have not collected on that character or is it a different issue or not applicable?
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be built so that if you find the item once it is revealed to other toons for collection on another characters.

Achievements were granted on the first character that found them.

Museum should be empty on other characters.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As of today's PTS update, the following museum quests are now character-specific.
    • Orsinium: Wrothgar Relic Hunter / House of Orsimer Glories
    • Thieves Guild: A Cutpurse Above / Kari's Hit List, and all sub-achievements
    • Dark Brotherhood: Litany of Blood
    • Morrowind: Ancestral Tombs Hunter
    • Clockwork City: Precursor Maker
    • Summerset: Relics of Summerset
    • Murkmire: Chronic Chronologer
    • Elsweyr: Mural Mender
    • Dragonhold: Pieces of History
    • Greymoor: An Instrumental Triumph / Bards College
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It should be built so that if you find the item once it is revealed to other toons for collection on another characters.

I think that's how it is intended to work eventually, but for now, the achievements are all back to being earned per-character until they figure out how to code this properly without achievements to track the collection status on each character.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »
    Will I take a new character into Wrothgar and see the museum full of objects that I have not collected on that character or is it a different issue or not applicable?
    Now that those quests are character-specific, the museum displays are per-character as well. A new character sees an empty museum.
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »

I think that's how it is intended to work eventually, but for now, the achievements are all back to being earned per-character until they figure out how to code this properly without achievements to track the collection status on each character.

Wait, forreal? Current pts has the account widw achievements atrocity turned off???
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, forreal? Current pts has the account widw achievements atrocity turned off???

It appears that way at first, but I found out the hard way that AWA doesn’t kick in until you log in your second character, then it merges the achievements of both and deletes the record of the one that got it second. Log in the third, same thing. You will have to log them all in to complete the process. But beware that that data will be lost forever.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't get your hopes up too much. It's just the Museum quests:
    Museum Achievements
    In order to allow characters to participate in finding each museum’s objects and obtain the reward for doing so, we’re making all museum Achievements character-based rather than account-wide. We are continuing to explore a better solution to this problem but wanted to ensure you can at least continue earning these rewards on all characters in the meantime.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone