The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

So it's still deathmatch only?

FeedbackOnly
FeedbackOnly
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
How is this still random when all we get in deathmatch over and over while in queue for random...
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on November 2, 2021 1:02PM
  • LyraEmber
    LyraEmber
    ✭✭✭
    They didnt want people pveing for AP anymore, so they established deathmatch as the primary bg mode. Its a positive change imo.
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    LyraEmber wrote: »
    They didnt want people pveing for AP anymore, so they established deathmatch as the primary bg mode. Its a positive change imo.

Not positive change if you actually liked the other modes & dont care for the boring deathmatch that usually turns into a huge clusterf... of who has less lag
  • LyraEmber
    LyraEmber
    ✭✭✭
    six2fall wrote: »

Not positive change if you actually liked the other modes & dont care for the boring deathmatch that usually turns into a huge clusterf... of who has less lag

i dont find much lag at all in bgs. cyrodiil on the other hand is near unplayable, but bgs are ok for me.

i cant imagine fighting other players being more "boring" than sitting on flags or chasing one guy with the chaosball while he exploits into a wall.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From memory (I don't BG so don't go into that subforum often) it was mentioned that when pulling together a queue for all types it will include the deathmatch queue people so it would show up proportionally more often than non deathmatch. There was an explanation in the pinned post in the BG group
    Soupy twist
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    easier solution was to just create separate queues for the different BG modes.
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭

What kind of backyard internet do you have? BGs is the most stable pvp in the game.
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably less players play right now ,expansion just start.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just because it's not mindless slaughter doesn't make it PvE. The other modes had objectives
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    From memory (I don't BG so don't go into that subforum often) it was mentioned that when pulling together a queue for all types it will include the deathmatch queue people so it would show up proportionally more often than non deathmatch. There was an explanation in the pinned post in the BG group

It's every single time... also there's already a solo death match queue
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I haven't had any objective BGs since the patch, nor my friend. Kinda sucks I was looking forward to CTR.
    PvP needs more love.
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been in 20 matches at this point. Q’d for solo random for every single one. Got death match for every single one.

I think they need to either fix the bug, or rethink the types of queues if by some miracle somebody says other match types are actually available, just extremely rare.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been in 20 matches at this point. Q’d for solo random for every single one. Got death match for every single one.

I think they need to either fix the bug, or rethink the types of queues if by some miracle somebody says other match types are actually available, just extremely rare.

Just separate the two queues.
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 matches tonight queued as Solo Random. All 3 deathmatch. This was my expectation based on how they phrased what they were doing, but I was taking a wait and see attitude on it. Now I know.
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me like objective bgs were never actually that popular and only seemed that way because ZOS created a queue that artificially inflated their chance of occurring over deathmatch.

FWIW, I'd be fine with ZOS just going back to what it was way back when and let us choose our type. Bonus points if they could create a check box system that would let a player mark which mode they wanted.

Even then, if you choose deathmatch as one of the options, I think this same result would occur. Deathmatch has always been the most popular choice, when choice was given.

Edit - but really, I'd love for them to completely scrap this 3 team nonsense and just do the tried and true team vs team. Objective play will never be enjoyable for PvPers in a 3 team format.
    Edited by Aldoss on November 3, 2021 6:04AM
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldoss wrote: »
    but really, I'd love for them to completely scrap this 3 team nonsense and just do the tried and true team vs team. Objective play will never be enjoyable for PvPers in a 3 team format.

BATTLE ROYALE..... Maybe a maze for objective thingy. C'mon ZOS.... lots of threads on PVP and BGs are a gold mine for additional content.
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aldoss wrote: »
    Seems to me like objective bgs were never actually that popular and only seemed that way because ZOS created a queue that artificially inflated their chance of occurring over deathmatch.

FWIW, I'd be fine with ZOS just going back to what it was way back when and let us choose our type. Bonus points if they could create a check box system that would let a player mark which mode they wanted.

Even then, if you choose deathmatch as one of the options, I think this same result would occur. Deathmatch has always been the most popular choice, when choice was given.

Edit - but really, I'd love for them to completely scrap this 3 team nonsense and just do the tried and true team vs team. Objective play will never be enjoyable for PvPers in a 3 team format.

It's not about being popular. They got no chance of popping as it's designed now
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Taggund wrote: »
    3 matches tonight queued as Solo Random. All 3 deathmatch. This was my expectation based on how they phrased what they were doing, but I was taking a wait and see attitude on it. Now I know.

10 random battlegrounds...all deathmatch so far!
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the random queue logic should be something along the lines of following per parallel instance permitted.

When first person enters queue where there is no BG selected, pick a random one
    Wait x minutes and try to fill it with other random players.
    If it fail to fill then move those people to a solo DM team if it completes, otherwise wait

if it does that, all is fair.

• auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭

Just because it's not mindless slaughter doesn't make it PvE. The other modes had objectives

No, but it does make for some pretty boring pvp.
  • odintgeb14_ESO
    I was really looking forward to playing the other game modes but alas, it's just only deathmatch. Please just make the two queues separate. If I wanted to play deathmatch I'd queue for that.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if someone should do a test and form 3 groups of four people who all queue for random BG at the same time and see if it still comes up Deathmatch....See if it's even possible at all to get the objective modes.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    I wonder if someone should do a test and form 3 groups of four people who all queue for random BG at the same time and see if it still comes up Deathmatch....See if it's even possible at all to get the objective modes.

Queue up for Solo Random BG 100 times. Chart how many times you get DM vs the others. I’m pretty sure you’ll see how broken it is.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

Queue up for Solo Random BG 100 times. Chart how many times you get DM vs the others. I’m pretty sure you’ll see how broken it is.

I don't doubt it's broken for solo, but I'm just curious to see if you can "force" the system to give an objective mode if you have enough people all queueing for the randoms at the same time to fill up the arena.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far this week only one non deathmatch and happy early monday morning was chaosball, not even bothering keeping trakc of how many deathmatches I am getting anymore
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭

I was really looking forward to playing the other game modes but alas, it's just only deathmatch. Please just make the two queues separate. If I wanted to play deathmatch I'd queue for that.

I agree with you @six2fall and @odintgeb14_ESO

Edited by Gandalf_72 on February 17, 2022 6:23PM
    PC | EU
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I choose "only DM" obviously DM comes out; if I choose "random BG" it always comes out only DM. Those who prefer DM have imposed their opinion on all others who do not prefer DM. This is highly undemocratic. When the opinion of some limits the freedom of choice of others ... where do we go?
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I choose "only DM" obviously DM comes out; if I choose "random BG" it always comes out only DM. Those who prefer DM have imposed their opinion on all others who do not prefer DM. This is highly undemocratic. When the opinion of some limits the freedom of choice of others ... where do we go?

Next patch they fix it or at least they promised us.

I don't like how devs think other modes aren't pvp.This is how this boring year happened.

• Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    You are right @FeedbackOnly as well as @xDeusEJRx in this message in this thread:
    how to change battleground game mode

xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    Is this problem not solved yet?

I gave up playing battlegrounds since the last year because I never got anything than the boring deathmatch mode.

Now, because of the PVP event I'm trying it again, and once again I always get deathmatch.

I always select "random battlegrounds" I always get deathmatch.

This doesn't make any sense.

It's not a bug, it was well intended because they changed the entire queueing system and how it functions. It was actually a test to see how it would effect BG population, and they stated they'd be reverting the change in the next update. So for the entire event you will most likely only receive TDM's. It'll be in place until march when the update rolls out

8a2aef1576d55c46058a23c917b5ee90.png

PC | EU
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Next patch they fix it or at least they promised us.

I don't like how devs think other modes aren't pvp.This is how this boring year happened.

This pvp event is a shame IMHO. They should have fixed it BEFORE, not after.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself