Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necro & pvp

Xarc
Xarc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I noticed, for many months, that there's less and less players using a necro in pvp.

And since i'm playing mine, myself, I can understand why. There's something wrong in the class itself.
  • No execute, it could not be a problem if only the others parameters would be ok
  • No stun (in fact we have one but it doesnt work well in pvp, doesnt seem to be designed for)
  • And I think all ultimates have a huge cost (243,270,360... it's litterally too much compared to the other classes).
    Ok the ult are powerfull but combined to the fact we dont have execute, it's too much.

Zenimax please pay attention to the necromancer class, we need love.
Edited by Xarc on February 19, 2022 4:53PM
@xarcs FR-EU-PC -
"Death is overrated", Xarc
Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
- since april.2014
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    They're just Dark Convirgince bots who wipe out groups 5x their number.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this an out of seasons april fools?
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an abundance of necromancers in PVP right now because of dark convergence, since that set's inception everyone uses it to help harmony bomb groups so necros are out en masse.

Now I think you probably meant to say why no one plays non-harmony necromancer playstyle, in that regard I agree because of how weak it really is
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    in ravenwatch, no proc campaign & no cp, there's no necro
    I mean, you can meet one, sometimes.

So, without a proc set to compensate the class issues, nobody would use it ?
    Real problem here

for the exemple i'm actually 3rd on DC leaderboard, and the next necro is... 54th, then the next after is 80th, etc.
    This is why i decided to write this thread

I just want to say it's a class created in 2019, the last one. Should be used more, isnt it ?

Edited by Xarc on February 19, 2022 5:37PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    - since april.2014
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    There's an abundance of necromancers in PVP right now because of dark convergence, since that set's inception everyone uses it to help harmony bomb groups so necros are out en masse.

Now I think you probably meant to say why no one plays non-harmony necromancer playstyle, in that regard I agree because of how weak it really is

It’s solely because of the set. The same can be said about Bomberblades. Solely exist because of a broken set. Sets should never make or break classes.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    Xarc wrote: »

Real problem here

for the exemple i'm actually 3rd on DC leaderboard, and the next necro is... 54th, then the next after is 80th, etc.

I just want to say it's a class created in 2019, the last one. Should be used more, isnt it ?

That leaderboard means nothing, just how much you play & most people near the top just take empty keeps.
    It is also in the least populated campaign because the ruleset sucks.

You can go Alikr and you see plenty of Necros, none with Dark Convergence, and they're winning duels.
    You can go BGs and you see Necros, not a lot, but with and without Dark Convergence.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Real problem here

That leaderboard means nothing, just how much you play & most people near the top just take empty keeps.
    It is also in the least populated campaign because the ruleset sucks.

You can go Alikr and you see plenty of Necros, none with Dark Convergence, and they're winning duels.
    You can go BGs and you see Necros, not a lot, but with and without Dark Convergence.

if your only argument is "necro with dark convergence" then i'm right
    try to play without proc set against other class and tell me what you feel.

and the leaderboard has its importance in this discussion, there's no casual pvp player in top leaderboard. Plus during event.
    Edited by Xarc on February 20, 2022 11:49AM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    - since april.2014
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are only not around when you need them ( Kill 20 Necromancers ).
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed, for many months, that there's less and less players using a necro in pvp.

And since i'm playing mine, myself, I can understand why. There's something wrong in the class itself.
    • No execute, it could not be a problem if only the others parameters would be ok
    • No stun (in fact we have one but it doesnt work well in pvp, doesnt seem to be designed for)
    • And I think all ultimates have a huge cost (243,270,360... it's litterally too much compared to the other classes).
      Ok the ult are powerfull but combined to the fact we dont have execute, it's too much.

You must be joking, but necromancer, like stamwarden, is the strongest class for pvp.
    PC/EU
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You must be joking, but necromancer, like stamwarden, is the strongest class for pvp.

I guess you missed the memo because MagPlars and MagDKs took that place months ago.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

cool to be strong but if you cant kill anybody, what 's the point ?
    and btw actually I think in pvp, stamcro > magcro for the reasons i said on first comment

Edited by Xarc on February 20, 2022 1:07PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    - since april.2014
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait....what?

There is so many necros!!
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

I guess you missed the memo because MagPlars and MagDKs took that place months ago.
    This always strikes me as funny. Person A claims that xResource yClass is the strongest for PvP, but then someone else will come by saying that it's actually something else, and a third person will say it's something else completely different from those two. Apparently according to everyone, every class and resource combo is the strongest (and also somehow the weakest at the same time).

As someone who rarely PvPs outside of Mayhem, I really can't say if there are more or less Necros running around. I can, however, attest to seeing more Colossus ults being dropped this year than I have in previous Mayhems, likely because of DC spam.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!