The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Consoles held back?

hiddencontentx
Is it just me? Or does the game on console seem wayyyy held back as far as addons not being allowed by sony(i know ZoS can do nothing about this) and the fact that there’s little to no customization in the options of the game? Sure i can change chat colors and such, but what about button mapping? And other addons that could be added to the base game? I just feel i can’t play to peak performance like PC players do. Anyone else feel the same way?
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at all, I feel like I play the game how it was meant to be played. I don't want addons, I feel i've earned every achievement point I've got, I wouldn't feel the same with add ons telling me what to do in combat, where is the fun in that?
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't want the majority of addons for sure, but I would love some of the additional tools that allow you to break down what happened in a dummy parse for example so you can work out where to improve and some of the things to make housing easier (magic carpet I think?)

Personally i'm not a fan of things that materially change the game (in my mind) like TTC allowing you to find where something is to buy without the hunt, or the addons that tell you when you should purge, block or shout out a mechanic rather than you having to recognise it

I also agree that being able to remap the controller would be very very welcomed.
    Soupy twist
  • hiddencontentx
    hafgood wrote: »
    Not at all, I feel like I play the game how it was meant to be played. I don't want addons, I feel i've earned every achievement point I've got, I wouldn't feel the same with add ons telling me what to do in combat, where is the fun in that?

i’m not talking about those addons. but a better minimap and controller mapping and such things as that is what i’m referring to
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But even those I don't want, I accept controller remapping would help some and don't consider that as an addon anyway, most games offer it as standard.

I'd turn the minimap off, it's something else I don't need cluttering up the screen. I don't want the lorebook, node, treasure chest add ons.

Don't care about easy writs, I only do them on one character anyway. And definitely don't want TTC and the like. I enjoy shopping around the various guild traders when in the mood
  • hiddencontentx
    But even those I don't want, I accept controller remapping would help some and don't consider that as an addon anyway, most games offer it as standard.

I'd turn the minimap off, it's something else I don't need cluttering up the screen. I don't want the lorebook, node, treasure chest add ons.

Don't care about easy writs, I only do them on one character anyway. And definitely don't want TTC and the like. I enjoy shopping around the various guild traders when in the mood
    well you’re the first person i’ve met to say this lol. but to each their own. i don’t want the game given to me, just equal standards
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well you’re the first person i’ve met to say this lol. but to each their own. i don’t want the game given to me, just equal standards

I want zero of the PC add-ons as well.

At this point, the only QoL thing I would like for them to add is to improve the trader search functionality to allow us to look for unlearned plans/motifs and items not in our stickerbook.

Outside of that, which I do not think is even in any add-ons for PC, I don't want server wide trader pricing, nor do I want any combat overlay nonsense that just works to remove the actual challenge of learning what the mechanics of a fight look like.

The biggest issue with adding add-ons to the game comes with the have or have not aspect of it. Players who choose not to use add-ons will be a disadvantage compared to players who do. Which is dumb. I shouldn't have to be forced to change the base game UI and functionality to remain relevant because some players can't deal with the game as is. I shouldn't be at a disadvantage in scoring, for example, because one group is running an add-on that tells them when to follow mechanics and what exactly to do with those mechanics and my group is actually playing the game as intended.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I wouldn't stress too much about addons. Sure, there are some nice ones to have, and some... borderline cheating ones... but as someone who has played on all three primary platforms, I can tell you that ZoS has been excellent about implementing player-made addons into the main game over time for non-PC players.

So console gamers do have access to addons - they're just ones that have been vetted by ZoS and are from a few years back. Check your settings menu.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.