Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What happens if I delete ALL my characters?

SASChris
SASChris
✭✭
In the event I were to delete ALL of my characters, what would happen? I understand that normally, anything not deposited into the bank will be lost, but what about currencies that are account wise and not "bound" to any one character? Would the amount of that currency originally earned by the deleted characters disappear? Would items in the bank be lost if ALL characters were deleted, or would everything just wait for me on my account until I bother to create a new character? This is partially a hypothetical question, and partially due to me considering starting all over again and getting rid of my previous main(s), as I really have no use for or desire to keep more than one character at this point. Between account wide achievements acting as a bit of a turn off with the way they seem to work now and crafting writs no longer seeming appealing enough for me to do multiple character's worth of them every day, I feel like this would be good information to have before patch 33 drops.
  • OmniaRR
    OmniaRR
    Create a new one first, then delete all the others, that would solve your problem, or would it not?
    ...older player so please speak slowly... ;-) - Guild ...still searching ^^
  • SASChris
    SASChris
    ✭✭
    OmniaRR wrote: »
    Create a new one first, then delete all the others, that would solve your problem, or would it not?

Maybe so, but there still remains the potential issue of account wide items or currencies that may be lost upon deleting a character. I know this doesn't happen with mounts, pets, costumes, etc, but things like transmute crystals, endeavors, event tickets, undaunted keys and so on I'm a bit iffy about. Stupid question I bet but I'll not lie about being curious about it, so I'll be open and honest and ask my stupid questions in this case.
  • OmniaRR
    OmniaRR
    Not at all a stupid question :)

I would bank everything, including currencies (cystals counting as currencies) and empty the inventories.

But again, to be on the safe side, first create a new char, then delete the others.

I wouldn't take the risk to try out what happens if all chars are deleted...

Just saying ;)
    ...older player so please speak slowly... ;-) - Guild ...still searching ^^