The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there a way to set a campaign as home without paying 150k AP?

ob1ken0bi
ob1ken0bi
✭✭✭
I abandoned a campaign 3 weeks ago and now any one I want to set as home is asking for 150k AP
I don’t have that much so what does that mean? I have to work for 150k AP the. Set as campaign?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a long time since I've switched home, but you used to be able to queue it up to switch at campaign end at no cost.

But I dunno these days, am sure someone will
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ob1ken0bi
    ob1ken0bi
    ✭✭✭
    The new campaign started last night. Thought I might be able too also but still asking for 150k AP
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the campaigns themselves have timers on them, when they reset is when you can set a new home campaign for free

you technically can play in any of the campaigns without setting it as home, you just dont get reward tiers for doing so but can still earn AP

i think the campaigns reset only like 2 weeks ago
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ob1ken0bi
    ob1ken0bi
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I need to put in a ticket.
    The campaign reset this past weekend and I left the campaign 3 weeks ago. As of tonight, still shows i need to pay 150k AP. And I tried looking at every campaign. They all require 150k AP from me.
    I would like to play for the rewards/transmutes so definitely want to set one as home.

Won’t ever leave a campaign again LoL
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ob1ken0bi wrote: »
    The new campaign started last night. Thought I might be able too also but still asking for 150k AP

Were you in Cyrodill at the start of the new campaign?

If the answer is yes then that would explain the cost. Just a stab at what may be the issue and someone may have brought it up in a different post.
  • ob1ken0bi
    ob1ken0bi
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

If the answer is yes then that would explain the cost. Just a stab at what may be the issue and someone may have brought it up in a different post.

Don’t you have to be in Cyrodiil to set it as home campaign?
    I am so confused lol
    And appreciate all the help!!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I am so confused lol

I do not think you ahve to be inside of Cyrodiil to set a home campaign as it is nothing more than clicking on the campaign to bring up a drop down menu that includes making it your home campaign.

Regardless, that is not what I asked. My question was if you were in Cyrodiil when the campaign started. If you log out while still in Cyrodiil and log back in after the new campaign starts then you have already committed to that campaign. It makes sense.

So what you need to do is move your character(s) out of Cyrodiil before the campaign ends. That way you are not automatically choosing to stay in the campaign when it resets.
  • ob1ken0bi
    ob1ken0bi
    ✭✭✭

I am so confused lol

I do not think you ahve to be inside of Cyrodiil to set a home campaign as it is nothing more than clicking on the campaign to bring up a drop down menu that includes making it your home campaign.

Regardless, that is not what I asked. My question was if you were in Cyrodiil when the campaign started. If you log out while still in Cyrodiil and log back in after the new campaign starts then you have already committed to that campaign. It makes sense.

So what you need to do is move your character(s) out of Cyrodiil before the campaign ends. That way you are not automatically choosing to stay in the campaign when it resets.

Got it. I will do that before the next campaign and see what happens.

Thanks!
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Somehow ZoS doesnt like players without home campaign. You can change campaign every campaign end without cost and also in the middle of campaign you dont have to pay if you didnt changed the campaign recently but if you abandon campaign (not change but leave without setting a new home camp) you have to pay 100k and if you set home campain again another 150k. Dont know what is so bad if players have no home campaign. Seems like another senseless limitation from ZOS.
  • ob1ken0bi
    ob1ken0bi
    ✭✭✭
    Just seems harsh to pay 250k to leave a campaign and set a new one as home.
    Edited by ob1ken0bi on February 2, 2022 2:16AM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that I have to pay 100k to leave a campaign after it's concluded and I've not even been in any Cyrodiil camp yet.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    It is senseless because you can change campaign for free at the campaign end and also in the middle if you didnt changed recently, but if you leave campaign, are without homecamp and then set a new campaign you have to pay 250k
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems weird. If they are trying to stop people flip flopping about there would be a batter way to do it.

The way it is as above just sound bizarre
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders