The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cloning ESO-install from 1 PC to another

ateso_ldee5
ateso_ldee5
✭✭
Hello,
I wish to install Eso on another PC and do not want to go through the slog of downloading 100GB.

The original install is a Steam one. Now, if I were to follow this guide...
https://eip.gg/eso/guides/how-to-copy-the-elder-scrolls-online-to-a-new-computer/
I might just copy-paste the 'Zenimax' folder under 'Steamapps/common' to another PC and launch the game. (I do not intend to launch the game with Steam on the 2nd rig.)

Would that really work. Anyone with experience?
Thanks a lot for a helpful answer in advance.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 2, 2022 11:51PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The threads linked below goes over some ways on how to move the ESO installation over to a new PC. The suggestions in these thread may help you out.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ateso_ldee5
    ateso_ldee5
    ✭✭
    Thanks a dozen, @ZOS_BILLE !
    I will try the copy/paste method then. My only worry is that I'll transfer the Steam-Install 'Zenimax'-Folder to a Non-Steam destination on the new PC. - I never use to have Steam on while playing, just launching the game from eso64.exe. The launcher start is only required to update the game - starting the launcher automatically opens Steam, so I'll have to see how that works out in a Non-Steam environment. Will try and get back! Thanks!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @ateso_ldee5

You're welcome! Good luck and let us know if you run into any issues.
    Staff Post
  • ateso_ldee5
    ateso_ldee5
    ✭✭
    Hello, after a while I'd like to get back and report:

Simply copied the contents of Steamapps/Zenimax - the entire folder - to a C:/programs-folder on another rig.
    Game launched flawlessly by starting it up with 'eso64.exe'. That is without the launcher.

The launcher, which usually starts Steam when used, didn't launch Steam when executed. However it loaded Very slowly and gave a 'PatchManifestError 210' when trying to update.

Tried some troubleshooting according to this by downloading Vcredist, enabling Admin access and downloading/replacing the PatchManifest data.

Either administrator access or the replaced PatchManifest file did it. Client starts flawlessly and allows for updates.

Thank you very much all an in particular @ZOS_BillE
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for the update and we are glad to hear you managed to move over the game files. With this issue now resolved, we are closing the discussion from further posts.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.