The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PvP pet peeves

• Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of it's been said but here goes

- lag. Esp when abilities just won't go off, dieing because of lag, and dieing when you're stuck in slowmo no ability no bar swap hell.... but the other teams abilities seem to work flawlessly.

- stuck in combat. Constantly. Seriously, how hard can it be for zos to code in something to clear combat when you use the transitus to go somewhere else?

- the armchair generals in chat slagging off anyone who doesn't play the game they want. It's a game. Go roleplay on your own time. Noone cares about the score.

- ball groups. People want to run round and round a cardboard box / small shrub / tower in a circle for an hour, well, it's their leisure time and you can just ignore them. Ball groups though disrupt the game for everyone else.

- hit and run types who don't do anything but run. Seriously, I get that NBs, sorcs etc are hit and run characters and need to you know, play hit and run. But there's way too many who just sort of pop up, fire a poison arrow (or light attack).... and then immediately run away and hide. I mean, all you did was get us both stuck in combat.... If you don't want to fight, don't.

Options
  • vms11934
    vms11934
    ✭✭✭
    Pet peeve, as opposed to a major gripe (e.g lag)? Trying to repair doors with crowds of other people. No, I am not trying to repair my teammates, stupid game.

If there is something I don't know that prevents this, I'm happy to learn. I just stare at upper part of the door to avoid targeting other players, but that leaves you more susceptible to bombers and gankers.
    Options
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pet Peeves for no CP PVP:

1. Players complaining about zergs. This is supposed to be a war simulation with armies fighting each other. Sometimes you'll be part of the zerg taking the map in 30-minutes and sometimes you'll be getting constantly wiped by them. Stop complaining when you are on the receiving side. This is how the game is supposed to be played with the stronger army winning. Play alone if you want to or with a small group of friends. Or better yet, get in a PVP guild or recruit people to counter the zerg. Just don't complain or insult people who play the game the way it is supposed to be played (in groups).

2. Class imbalance is making at least no CP Cyrodiil just stupid right now. I've seen good templars wipe out group of 5-10 very very good players solo. LIke literally the best players in the faction who've been playing for years and are in the top 20 every month. There is just way too much damage and healing in the skills for this class compared to anything else. I have a maxed out build and am a pretty decent player. I can't remember the last time I beat even an average templar. It's not a fair fight. PVP victory should be based on skill and not which class ZOS coerced you into playing that patch. DK is another that seems to be far and away better than almost all other classes. Anyone arguing this point is either horribly biased or just blind.

3. Immature kids. Sorry, many of the PVP players are very young (at least mentally) and show it. The level of crude humor is at an all-time low and things like gay-bashing are rampant. Even [snip] talking between groups of players in the same factions is high. It's ridiculous. People need to grow up and mature a bit. I honestly want to request a 25+ PVP land to get rid of these kids who obviously had no parental guidance.

4. Kind of related to #3. People taking the game waaayyyy too seriously. It's a game and is designed to be fun. There are some people who treat it like an obsession and they are way too serious about it. If you play the game more than a few hours a day you're missing out on life. So channel all that energy into something more positive before it's too late. If you find the need to talk trash to other players regardless of the reason why, you have anger management issues and possibly other mental problems. Please seek professional help. There are those who contribute in a positive way to PVP in ESO and those who do the exact opposite. Ask yourself which you are and be honest about it. If you don't like the answer do something about it.

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on February 13, 2022 4:39AM
    Options
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    1. ganking NBs that are hunting only squishy players and never attack someone that is not marked by their squishy addon
    2. NBs that cannot fight an average opponent other way that gank them from behind sneaking all the time
    3. players who ignore PvErs — saw many times (mostly ganking NBs) killing the same person doing some PvE quest few times in row untill our group made him a convoi to his location ( he was in opposite faction and we did it just because we hate gankers lime that )

I do not hate NBs to be clear. I am running few builds ( all classes except NBs and magwarden) and never get ganked in no-cp PvP just because I build against the squishy addon.
    I like the fights with good NBs stam or mag and when I loose it is always my fault ( yeah and lag ) and I try to learn from that.
    What I don’t get in my head is how someone can feel good when killing only opponents that are 100% weaker (other way they just vanish in cloak)…
    Options
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't disagree more about the nightblades. They were already hugely nerfed and ganking isn't really even a thing anymore at least in no CP. If you think it's bad now I guess you were not around a year or 2 ago when ganking nightblades were about 80% of good players and that was about all that was going on. They've even nerfed many of the sets that nightblades were using. If anyone at all is getting ganked they have serious build problems and hopefully by getting ganked they'll realize the issue and fix their build. PVP is a war simulation where you are supposed to take all territory that is controlled by the other factions and you're supposed to kill any enemy player you see. So if you're asking for a free pass for a casual player to come in, earn their AP or get their PVP gear from a city vendor and that everyone should leave these players alone, it ain't gonna happen. It goes against the very basic points of the game mode. When I was new I had to be crafty and figure out a way to get to the cities when my faction owned them to get the gear I needed. I was killed all the time because of having a bad squishy build. That's how it's always been for everyone and that's how it always will be. In the past month I'd say I've been attacked by a bow NB maybe twice and their gank attempts barely damage me and I just kill them easily and quickly. You can use a potion or a skill to unstealth them and easily kill them if you're a decent player. Sounds like it's a learn to play issue for anyone complaining about this.
    Edited by malistorr on February 1, 2022 5:14PM
    Options
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    Couldn't disagree more about the nightblades. They were already hugely nerfed and ganking isn't really even a thing anymore at least in no CP. If you think it's bad now I guess you were not around a year or 2 ago when ganking nightblades were about 80% of good players and that was about all that was going on. They've even nerfed many of the sets that nightblades were using. If anyone at all is getting ganked they have serious build problems and hopefully by getting ganked they'll realize the issue and fix their build. PVP is a war simulation where you are supposed to take all territory that is controlled by the other factions and you're supposed to kill any enemy player you see. So if you're asking for a free pass for a casual player to come in, earn their AP or get their PVP gear from a city vendor and that everyone should leave these players alone, it ain't gonna happen. It goes against the very basic points of the game mode. When I was new I had to be crafty and figure out a way to get to the cities when my faction owned them to get the gear I needed. I was killed all the time because of having a bad squishy build. That's how it's always been for everyone and that's how it always will be. In the past month I'd say I've been attacked by a bow NB maybe twice and their gank attempts barely damage me and I just kill them easily and quickly. You can use a potion or a skill to unstealth them and easily kill them if you're a decent player. Sounds like it's a learn to play issue for anyone complaining about this.

Zos still nerfs nbs, but never through nb skills. They always look at what the meta nbs aare doing, what sets they use, what weapon skills they use, and then they nerf those instead. Right now on the pts they are nerfing molag kena and curse of doylemish at the same time. 100% because its used by high tier nbs and gankers. Never going to touch our skills because that is too obvious, but they hate us and want us gone.
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on February 1, 2022 5:29PM
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
    Options
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play no CP so most sets a NB would use aren't even allowed. That is probably why there are so few gankers in no CP. Unless the other player has a completely horrible build and very low health (both of which are easily fixed) there is no way to gank someone in no CP PVP. I don't think I've been ganked a single time literally.

So no, you cannot come into PVP without taking a few minutes to put together a build with at least a little bit of health and damage mitigation and expect to be able to prance around not being attacked by anyone, or surviving if you are attacked. That's kind of the point of PVP. Build for it and learn how to play 1v1 at the very least or you will die, a lot! (From any other decent player and not just gankers)

If you come into Cyrodiil with your PVE build you will get creamed. I know because I did it when I was new. Go watch some PVP build videos and spend the same amount of time, gold, and energy building for PVP as you did for PVE and after practicing PVP combat for a few months you may find some success. You're playing against other humans after all and not dumbed-down AI that is designed to be killed easily by even new players.
    Edited by malistorr on February 1, 2022 10:25PM
    Options
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soraka wrote: »
    Dying because my character won't go through a door. Dying because my character decided to go through a door...and then back out. I don't mind dying, but stuff like this is irritating.

Oh my God this is so infuriating. I've died so many times because I try to get into a home keep and it just won't let me. I've pressed "X" so many times on my PS controller and it just doesn't register
    Options
  • auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    People saying "how the game is meant to be played"

The stun on suprise attack.

Stamblades complaining about nerfs.

300+ ping

Options
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Zos still nerfs nbs, but never through nb skills."

They don't need to nerf NB skills because they are already among the worse of any class in terms of just sheer damage output possible, healing ability etc. About the only thing it can compete with other classes on is stuns. (2 of which come from Fighter's Guild and Vampire and everyone has access to!)

This is coming from someone who mained a mag sorc for years and spent the 1st year of my PVP as that. NB currently doesn't compete with templar or dk. Go do a fair comparison and you'll see. Nevermind that it's darn near impossible to kill a templar these days. You have to be pretty darn awful to fail at that class right now.
    Options
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play no CP so most sets a NB would use aren't even allowed. That is probably why there are so few gankers in no CP. Unless the other player has a completely horrible build and very low health (both of which are easily fixed) there is no way to gank someone in no CP PVP. I don't think I've been ganked a single time literally.

I know what you mean, I tried to play ravenwatch and its actually upsetting to see how bad nb is without proc sets. Probably the most gear reliant class in the game. The CP boosts don't matter much because I do more then fine in bgs, but that gear.
    "Zos still nerfs nbs, but never through nb skills."

They don't need to nerf NB skills because they are already among the worse of any class in terms of just sheer damage output possible, healing ability etc. About the only thing it can compete with other classes on is stuns. (2 of which come from Fighter's Guild and Vampire and everyone has access to!)

This is coming from someone who mained a mag sorc for years and spent the 1st year of my PVP as that. NB currently doesn't compete with templar or dk. Go do a fair comparison and you'll see. Nevermind that it's darn near impossible to kill a templar these days. You have to be pretty darn awful to fail at that class right now.

Mag sorcs and Nbs understand one another. Both were once powerful titans of pvp and we slowly got withered away by nerfs. Now we hide and streak in the shadows just barely getting by. Only time I ever feel like I am getting a good fair fight is against a sorc as a nb. Both high skill classes that are not properly rewarded for the high skill cap. Hopefully one day they will give us a giga power boost like they did for templars and dks.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
    Options