The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mounts out of the house, companions in, where is my place for my companions/houseguests in my home??

AleriSadasIndoril
AleriSadasIndoril
✭✭✭
Hello ZOS and greetings to all.

I like the idea and the companions (this is not a yes or no debate) but we need space for the companions/house guests,
why should I buy some if I don't have the space in my house, I can't throw my animals out of the house, just to accommodate companions and house guests.

There are not many possibilities, but we absolutely need a space solution! I assume, that ZOS would like to continue to sell guests in the crown shop!

In the moment is so, that the house space can hardly be increased because of all the old consoles.
We need the possibility for House slots, or available for individual purchase in the Crown Store (with a warning if your console/hardware isn't...)
or that I can optionally deactivate things in my house that I don't want to display, in my houses that would be the Undaunted trophies and the music boxes.

If we had the possibility to activate / deactivate certain things, as I would like to choose, I think it would probably help us all a lot.

What's your opinion?
Aleri Sadas Indoril: - Sorcerer - Dunmer- Ebonheart Pact
Aléri Sadas Indoril: - Templar -Dunmer- Ebonheart Pact
Valérie Sadas Indoril: - Templar - Dunmer- Daggerfall Covenant
Valérie Colomba: - Dragonknight - Redguard- Daggerfall Covenant
S'sháni: - Nightblade - Khajiit - Aldmeri Dominion
Shánij: - Templar - Khajiit - Aldmeri Dominion - Werewolf (immer einen Biss frei)
Valéri Indoril - Templar - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you should elaborate on a deeper level.
    We already have the possibility to activate/deactivate certain things... by stowing them.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the reason why I stopped getting the house guests, unless it's a favoured NPC like M'aiq... it's kinda unreasonable that they keep adding house guests, assistants, mounts and pets yet the special collectibles limit is still the same, and a big pity that we can't display more of them.
  • Fea675
    Fea675
    ✭✭
    @drsalvation I think what the OP meant was that a possibility to exchange for example a lesser number of undaunted statues/trophies (let's say 10 instead of 40 in a manor-sized home with ESO+) for a higher number of pets/guests/mounts (let's say 20 instead of 10) would be a good idea. Which I would support.
    Edited by Fea675 on January 30, 2022 3:27PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fea675 wrote: »
    @drsalvation I think what the OP meant was that a possibility to exchange for example a lesser number of undaunted statues/trophies (let's say 10 instead of 40 in a manor-sized home with ESO+) for a higher number of pets/guests/mounts (let's say 20 instead of 10) would be a good idea. Which I would support.

That would be great! I would also love to be able to swap player guest spots for houseguest spots as an option.
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aaaah ok I get it now.
    In that case yeah, I also agree.
    Especially for castles and such.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoS considers Bastian equivalent to a monkey wearing a vest.

PC NA
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    I don't have any hardware/server space/whatever answers to the apparent problem, but yes i would love more space. I know i don't need all of them in one house, but as i only use 1 house (Pantherfang) i enjoy having them out.

As has been said, i have passed on a few crown store purchases only because i know I'd have to lose one of the others assistant/companion/guest and it wasn't worth it to me. I was right on the edge with Arox recently.

Now we have 2 more companions coming and most likely more down the road, the recently added armory orc, and the soon to come dis-enchanter lady, and no doubt multitudes of house-guests in the crown store.

Before things get TOO far out of hand and we have 200 options for 10 spots, once more i'd ask if there was any way to add more slots. Just a request.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea and the companions (this is not a yes or no debate) but we need space for the companions/house guests, why should I buy some if I don't have the space in my house, I can't throw my animals out of the house, just to accommodate companions and house guests.

While I have not placed everything possible into the home, though I realize each home has limits so that means we have to make choices for what we will place into our homes.

What I gather from the first paragraph is that there is space for the companions but they compete with space for the mounts. If that is correct then it means we do have space but we need to make choices that we already were having to make.
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    I like the idea and the companions (this is not a yes or no debate) but we need space for the companions/house guests, why should I buy some if I don't have the space in my house, I can't throw my animals out of the house, just to accommodate companions and house guests.

While I have not placed everything possible into the home, though I realize each home has limits so that means we have to make choices for what we will place into our homes.

What I gather from the first paragraph is that there is space for the companions but they compete with space for the mounts. If that is correct then it means we do have space but we need to make choices that we already were having to make.

It's Companions/Housequests/Mounts/Assistants and Pets that are all competing for the very limited spots that they give us. I have also suggested a similar thing before (see my sig) where ZOS starts giving us specialized houses. For example a menagerie that could be all about animals - so a LOT of slots for the above mentioned, with far fewer slots for "traditional" furnishings, trophies etc. It would have prebuilt in fenced off areas etc too so we wouldn't have to build them. That is just one example.

They really need to revamp housing going forward or start giving us options where we can have specialized housing for such things.

Actually I will just post my suggestion from that thread here - incoming lol:

Paulytnz wrote: »
    Right now with ESO+ the biggest houses offer: 700 Traditional/10 Special/110 Collectables/10 Special Collectables and 24 Population slots.

What if ZOS started selling us Specialized Houses that alters those amounts to provide certain houses with more slots where needed, but less in others, but ultimately giving us more options/slots without giving us more slots? What was that you are asking lol?

Example:

A Menagerie House - which has Animal Pens and other such enclosures/spaces for our animals with the following changes - 200 Traditional Slots/10 Special/20 Collectables/100+ Special Collectables!

Unless I am mistaken the slots work as such:

Traditional - Practically everything that is not special
    Special - Storage chests
    Collectables - Dungeon Displays (Mounted Heads)/Quest & Achievement Awards
    Special Collectables - Mounts/Pets/House Quests.

The biggest issues with housing and I am sure the amount of storage they have for most people I would say is the lack of ability to change the amounts between the types. Example there are 110 Slots for dungeon trophies! That's all and great if you have just 1 house or want to use 1 house to show off these things. The thing is tho, for those of us with many houses (currently 50+ myself lol) we don't need this amount of slots for this type in every house!

Give us options to alter the amount of each slot for our houses or please start offering specialized houses for certain purposes. :)

Here are more possible examples we could have:

Guild House/Meeting House - Focus on more Population/More Special Collectables possibly but far less slots for Traditional and Special Collectables.
    A Small personal Village - Tons of slots for Companions/Houseguests - less for the others.
    Edited by Paulytnz on January 31, 2022 10:47AM
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since I have a home for each of my characters, and each character has done only a portion of all the quests in game, I tend to decorate with whatever is in their sphere of experience. So far the limit has not hit me because of how I divy up everything, but I'm in full support of increasing specials slots because at some point this will impact me when I get more of these things.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.