The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Patch Notes, Let's Be Honest

CE_Nex
CE_Nex
✭✭✭
I look forward more to the Patch Notes and testing stuff out on the PTS than the actual content when it hits live.

Every discord server I'm in just comes to life when the patch notes drop. There are bits and pieces from there for all aspects of the community to digest! Whether they agree or disagree with the new additions or changes varies wildly, and that just adds to the flavor it all. Different cornerstones of the ESO community join together to lambast a decsion, while others band together to applaud it. Meanwhile some different facets of the community begin pointing fingers and blame each other for changes being made that they don't agree with it. Here are some of my favorite things said in these moments:
  • ZOS is catering things to PvE players and are ruining things for PvP players.
  • ZOS is catering things to PvP players and are ruining things for PvE players.
  • ZOS is catering things to Toxic Endgamers and are ruining things for Casual players.
  • ZOS is catering things to Toxic Casuals and are ruining things for Endgame players.

The diversity of it all, I just love it!

Patch Notes: they're like drops of water for the partched throat traversing the Sahara! Personally, I can't wait for tomorrow!
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to being underwhelmed and disappointed.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on January 31, 2022 5:58AM
    PC NA
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gina said theres not much in terms of combat changes this time and I'll take her word at it.

I don't do end game pve, no clue where those folks are at. But in terms of class balance, the balance between damage/ survivability/ sustain, how strong siege is etc Cyrodiil is in a good place right now and doesn't need any major changes.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Gina said theres not much in terms of combat changes this time and I'll take her word at it.

I don't do end game pve, no clue where those folks are at. But in terms of class balance, the balance between damage/ survivability/ sustain, how strong siege is etc Cyrodiil is in a good place right now and doesn't need any major changes.

Class balance is ok but class identity isn’t.

Stamden’s, NB and Stamsorc need tuning.
    Especially NB, they need a serious looking at and have done for years now it seems.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'class identity' I've heard it many times, but like WHAT ON NIRN is it?
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drammanoth wrote: »
    'class identity' I've heard it many times, but like WHAT ON NIRN is it?

Class identity is what splits a class from another. For example:

Necromancer actually has a good identity due to its mechanic that uses corpses to buff its abilities. Some would argue that Blastbones feels off but I’ve come to appreciate it over time.
    Warden also has strong identity as both the premium Frost caster (even though Frost needs a couple of extra skills) and its nature healing. The animal line also has strong identity but it falls short with the bear for Stam and birds for all builds.

Identity can be summed up with synergy between skills and/or a unique mechanic that defines the entire class.