The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

The new ,,pvp outfit'' is not a PVP outfit!

Fazuszek
Fazuszek
✭✭✭
So Gina stated, that we are going to get a new outfit in IC - it will be hidden in Vaults, opened with key fragments and tel var stones. In theory the ,,prestige'' of this outfit, is the fact, that it can be traded. It has to be erned by ,,pvping''

LOL

Is that for real?

U dont have to do PVP to get tel var stones, even better - its good to skip the PVP, and focus on monsters to get tel var stones fast (plus those tel var that we get from daily rewards.) If u are smart enough, with a build dedicated to tel var stones like NB, u dont have to risk a PVP in IC encounter. U can even pop a detection pot, if u are close to Vault and afraid of being ambush, and visit IC pass prime time. Every PVE player with some dedication, can get that outfit in one day lol.

The first IC costume - the nibanesee court wizard, is cheap to get in Guild Shops. U dont even have to enter IC.

Oh and BTW - Monster Helms from IC, are kinda niche (meh to be honest), and i dont expect that those (i will be very much suprised) that will come be meta/OP/broken etc

Like everything in ESO - great idea, poor implementation.

Why PVP community cant have a nice things tied STRICLY to PVP?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Fazuszek
    Fazuszek
    ✭✭✭
    Oh sorry my typo ,, is the fact, that it CANNOT be traded.''
    Options
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty funny this pvp prestige item was also put in the least popular form of pvp (arguably).
    Stop trying to make IC happen my guys.
    Options
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just another poor attempt to bring some players into IC.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
    Options
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The negativity on these forums is a thing to behold. We’re getting new things for IC folks. More incentive to go there is a good thing. More to do in game is a good thing.

I do agree with the OP that having something cost key fragments and basing the chance on telvar stones is not exactly a PvP reward. But I’m still glad to have something new to spend these items/currency on.
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It visually looked awful. The chest looked painted on the model. I was very surprised at how this motif looked, event styles look better by comparison.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • Vindold
    Vindold
    ✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    The negativity on these forums is a thing to behold. We’re getting new things for IC folks. More incentive to go there is a good thing. More to do in game is a good thing.

I do agree with the OP that having something cost key fragments and basing the chance on telvar stones is not exactly a PvP reward. But I’m still glad to have something new to spend these items/currency on.

Negative reaction is born out of lack of proper care for what this game is loved for. Nothing to be surprised of.

1. I agree with OP
    2. Outfit looks bad, not to mention that it looks the same for all types of armor. Definetely not interested in puting so much effort for such thing.
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just another poor attempt to bring some players into IC.

I think I went into IC once last year for an endeavor, kill deadra and get telvar stones in the same week. Never went back since.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen this officially, bit behind the times. Is it tradeable?

I have a rediculous amount of Tel Var / Fragments be nice to convert to gold
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't look as awesome as it would have liked but I do like the fact they're adding stuff to IC, it's a fun PVP zone tbh. It can use some incentives.
    Options
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I haven't spent a single tel-var and key fragment ever since.
    Options
  • MaraxusTheOrc
    MaraxusTheOrc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty excited for it. I like IC, and the risk associated with it. To OP's point, it's very possible to avoid PvP encounters in IC, but perhaps expanding the loot table will bump the population and bring that risk with it.

If you don't like it, you certainly don't have to farm it up, but I guess I missed the constructive criticism in this post. Seems like it was more so "I don't like it" without any sort of perspective of what you WOULD like.
    Options
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty excited for it. I like IC, and the risk associated with it. To OP's point, it's very possible to avoid PvP encounters in IC, but perhaps expanding the loot table will bump the population and bring that risk with it.

If you don't like it, you certainly don't have to farm it up, but I guess I missed the constructive criticism in this post. Seems like it was more so "I don't like it" without any sort of perspective of what you WOULD like.

To me it has always been a matter of making fair gameplay.
    Not really just imperial city. I suffered through PvP to get the centurion title, lion pet, gladiator costume, and red dye from battlegrounds. I experienced it all and never enjoyed it one bit, and now that I got all I wanted from PvP, I have no reasons to ever go back to it.
    If it's about making IC better, I already replied my thoughts on this post which was more related of the constructive perspectives you wanted to see https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/596897/imperial-city-how-to-get-players-in-there-again#latest
    Options
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭

To me it has always been a matter of making fair gameplay.
    Not really just imperial city. I suffered through PvP to get the centurion title, lion pet, gladiator costume, and red dye from battlegrounds. I experienced it all and never enjoyed it one bit, and now that I got all I wanted from PvP, I have no reasons to ever go back to it.
    If it's about making IC better, I already replied my thoughts on this post which was more related of the constructive perspectives you wanted to see https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/596897/imperial-city-how-to-get-players-in-there-again#latest

I never really understand these kinds of arguments. You say it should be fair but many people that do not enjoy PvP still feel that they should be allowed to earn PvP-specific rewards without having to engage with it. Like, if you don't want to play PvP then just don't. Fairness is allowing for specific activities to provide their own sets of rewards, titles, etc. And if you don't want to engage in those activities then just accept that those rewards are forfeit. As an example of myself, I've tried some trials and quiet honestly, I hate them... so I don't do them. I also hate doing BGs, so I don't do them. I'm not going to complain that certain rewards are gated behind them because those rewards are meant for those activities. It renders them meaningless if you can just get them without performing the activities associated with them in the first place. Like, why even have task-specific rewards at that point?
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it were a couture special, I still wouldn't set foot in the worst part of ESO period.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fazuszek wrote: »
    Oh and BTW - Monster Helms from IC, are kinda niche (meh to be honest), and i dont expect that those (i will be very much suprised) that will come be meta/OP/broken etc

Zoal is pretty good at countering gankers.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately this outfit is very similar in design with many others.
    Same hip and crotch flap. The shoulder piece might be nice to use in several outfit designs, but other than that I see the Gladiator costume more rewarding than this.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
    Options
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it's a start and hopefully more and better are on the way!
    PCNA
    PCEU
    Options
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it looked cool, and I've never gone into IC in the past 4 years without having some sort of PVP encounter while farming tel var.
    Options