The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Planesbreaker - Broken (STILL) - Trifecta achievement STILL bugged

• Moltab
    Moltab
    Soul Shriven
    This issue needs to be addressed urgently, this is the type of stuff that makes people quit a game when they spend tons of hours on earning something and then can't get it because of some bug. The subset of the player base that does these kinds of achievments is already small enough without these types of situations making people quit. It needs to be said that many of the people who play that kind of content almost exclusively spend all of their game time on those achievments, it's not something minor that you can afford to not treat seriously.
    Options
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So they have 207,700 before Xav like others that got PB achiv, pop up score recorded in ZOS database, video and log evidence and you can't give achievement? WTF?
    I wondering what kind of stupid logic you have in code base?
    - score before Xav 207,700 - check
    - HM kill of last boss - check
    - 36/36 Vits - check
    - End Time <= Start Time + 30 min - check
    Is it so hard to implement those conditions?
    As high end gamer who don't have nothing to do in game aside of last triple achiev im very frustrated that it can happen to me also. Definitely will not pre-order or buy immediatly new chapter and will wait for big sale.

Remember that thread from a guy where Customer Support tried to grant him an achievement afterwards, and totally fried their character in the process?

At this point, I'm pretty convinced that for some obscure reason, achievements are not just a flag on the character record, but getting an achievement shifts something deeper in the database around. And meddling with them is apparently ... dangerous.
    Options
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »

Remember that thread from a guy where Customer Support tried to grant him an achievement afterwards, and totally fried their character in the process?

At this point, I'm pretty convinced that for some obscure reason, achievements are not just a flag on the character record, but getting an achievement shifts something deeper in the database around. And meddling with them is apparently ... dangerous.

There are other ways to do that. For example we all saw godmode tool that allows to 1shot things in trials. That is how trials are tested on PTS. You could simply gather the team members together and bring 1 mod. Start the trial, afk for 20 minutes at the start (to make realistic score and not screw the leaderboards) and then just godmode the whole thing. 11 people get achieve. Cycle through the remaining people who have not gotten the achievement yet.

There were precedents of the Sunspire collectibe mount granted to people who have GS achieve bugged. Yes that is also a thing. One of the team members who got Planesbroken also has GS achieve completely screwed on her main toon. She reached out to support and they were able to give her the mount, but not the achieve. But currently support refuses to grant anything at all.

What is very concerning is that it's been half a year since the reports of the achievement being broken were submitted. It keeps repeating, but none of the people who has Planesbroken saw any recuperation from ZOS. At least later in the lifecycle of bug report Kevin started to respond sensibly, i.e. actual truth why it is still not fixed which is definitely a step forward. Earlier reports god copypastas such as "Disable addons and do it again". Can you imagine how heart broken those people were.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All. We have a few updates to share regarding this.

Regarding the team in question, we have resolved the current issues with them. As you all know, we do not sure resolutions to individual tickets. However, Dextail has been notified of the resolution at this time.

As for the bug itself, the Dev Team has identified the bug culprit with the help of your reports and posts detailing specific runs. The Dev Team has been able to repro and is working on the fix now. The goal to have it available in the near future. We will have more details once the fix is complete.

Again, we understand this has been frustrating and we thank you for your patience. Special thanks to those who time put in to make note of this bug.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • GreenDay
    GreenDay
    ✭✭
    it's funny that we only got an answer about this bug when the fourth bug happened, we also got a bug with the PB in september...
    still frustrating that we didn't get ANY adequate response other than to do it again...
    Options
  • GreenDay
    GreenDay
    ✭✭
    I really hope this doesn't happen with the new trial.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @GreenDay Measures are being taken to make sure this issue does not carry over to any future trials. All fixes implemented here will be carried forward.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MagiiC_One
    MagiiC_One
    ✭✭✭
    I´m waiting since oct. 2020 for my trial fix

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/550791/kynes-aegis-achievement-bugged#latest

...so, you will never get your PB
    Options
  • GreenDay
    GreenDay
    ✭✭
    I have one more question.
    Why did the company apologize and make a mount when exactly this time there was a mistake with the title?
    I don't want to say by this that the last group is not worthy of an apology, mount and everything else.
    I'm just saddened by the fact that from that moment on, the ZOS started responding to people about the error. why didn't previous groups who encountered the same error also receive a mount as an apology? also had all the logs, correct score, video
    Options