The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Planesbreaker - Broken (STILL) - Trifecta achievement STILL bugged

Dextail
Dextail
✭✭✭
After 8ish Months of progression, my group finally achieved planesbroken (Speed run, hard mode, no death of vet rockgrove) AFTER MONTHS when we achieved this yesterday at approx 19:15CET. It was bugged, none of us got the achievement. We ensured we killed all adds, even the one that (STILL) glitches inside the house and becomes unkillable. After we did PB we walked back and checked, no adds present. It would have been impossible for us to swap gears during the run in select area's like the dead lands if there was a glitched add there.

after months of progression and months of game development to the point you almost are ready to launch the new PTS for the NEW trial. it is unacceptable for the current end game trial to not be fixed to the point players roll a dice on if they obtain the achievement. You have known about this bug for months this is not the first group to be hit by this bug countless others have been hit before us (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/587685/planesbroken-vrg-trifecta-achievements-bugged/p1).

I would love for this to be a positive experience and zos to just hand my team the achievements we should have been awarded last night. However I'm not to naïve, i've played this game for countless years. I'm fully aware positive experiences are few and far between when it comes to zos handling bugs, unless its a quest in the middle of an expansion launch then its fixed instantly. raiders generally don't see the same love as questers.

However knowing you wont award the achievements, i ask simply this fix the achievement so others dont go though it. the despair.

Here is my link for the runif your a member of zos watching this i want you to take note of the despair in me and my groups voices as we run back though the trial looking for a reason why we wouldnt be awarded the hardest achievement in game after months of prog :

https://youtu.be/VRWZoQyJ_Fs?t=1579}
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on January 24, 2022 8:47PM
  • poe
    poe
    ✭✭✭
    Damn that is awefull. ZOS plz fix this asap.
  • Stillian
    Stillian
    ✭✭✭
    138d2377b41d71ab60ca413806182769.jpg
    Elitist Scum Guild PC EU
  • HappyDan
    HappyDan
    ✭✭✭
    Just do it again, I've heard many groups were able to achieve it.
  • Centurio_Regor
    Centurio_Regor
    Soul Shriven
    ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ NOW WE RIOT ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ NOW WE RIOT ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ NOW WE RIOT ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ NOW WE RIOT ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ NOW WE RIOT ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨

no, honestly ,pls fix this
  • cro25519
    cro25519
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously guys. This is like the n-th time this happened, please fix it, or at least make a system to grant achievements. I dread the day I go for a trifecta as hard as this, prog it for months, and get rekt by rng.

I know a lot of this may seem like whining to you all, but you guys made the content. You know hard it is. You are also gamers, so you know how it feels to get the prize stolen from you.
    Edited by cro25519 on January 24, 2022 11:54AM
  • HEIIMS
    HEIIMS
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, the fix is coming shortly, just like it was with Hel Ra Citadel's horn achievement.
    Edited by HEIIMS on January 24, 2022 12:07PM
  • honglatongla
    honglatongla
    ✭✭✭
    This kind of player testing is not a good practice, ZOS.
  • muh
    muh
    ✭✭✭
    There is one thing that slowly started to drive me away from one MMO or the other: When the developer no longer seems to respect the time I decide to spent in their game.

Going for an achievement like this, when it still is relatively new and challenging, takes a lot of effort and time spent. In some cases hundreds of hours of playtime. And then at the end of that effort to have to roll the dice if it actually amounts to anything is just incredibly frustrating and disrespectful. I watched countless of your group's streams and seeing this happen yesterday put me in a bad mood.

It really is so disheartening to see Zenimax seemingly not giving a [snip] about probably one of their most dedicated audiences. Sure, probably the smallest as well, but that should not mean you can [snip] on their time they decide to spent in your buggy mess of a game. It already is not a very rewarding experience to begin with, no need to make it even worse.

I remember that for another one of these cases the customer service response was that using AddOns caused the achievement to not be awarded. If that truly is the case, at the end of the day every addon developer is just doing what you allow them to do through your API. Do not put the blame on the player if at the end of the day the root of the issue is on your end. If it truly is AddOn related and you are not able to fix it on your end, at least come forward and tell us what kind of use of your API can result in problems like these.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 24, 2022 5:02PM
  • cro25519
    cro25519
    ✭✭✭
    muh wrote: »
    There is one thing that slowly started to drive me away from one MMO or the other: When the developer no longer seems to respect the time I decide to spent in their game.

Going for an achievement like this, when it still is relatively new and challenging, takes a lot of effort and time spent. In some cases hundreds of hours of playtime. And then at the end of that effort to have to roll the dice if it actually amounts to anything is just incredibly frustrating and disrespectful. I watched countless of your group's streams and seeing this happen yesterday put me in a bad mood.

It really is so disheartening to see Zenimax seemingly not giving a [snip] about probably one of their most dedicated audiences. Sure, probably the smallest as well, but that should not mean you can [snip] on their time they decide to spent in your buggy mess of a game. It already is not a very rewarding experience to begin with, no need to make it even worse.

I remember that for another one of these cases the customer service response was that using AddOns caused the achievement to not be awarded. If that truly is the case, at the end of the day every addon developer is just doing what you allow them to do through your API. Do not put the blame on the player if at the end of the day the root of the issue is on your end. If it truly is AddOn related and you are not able to fix it on your end, at least come forward and tell us what kind of use of your API can result in problems like these.

Apparently took them 8 months to get it, that's a lot of time!

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 24, 2022 5:02PM
  • Enderp
    Enderp
    Soul Shriven
    They should either fix the problem or start giving achievements to people if every ZOS dev is literally too incapable. This is dumb and is only making your game die faster.
  • Razorruk
    Razorruk
    ✭✭✭
    If ZOS desires to keep a healthy end game community and truly compete with other MMOs with thriving Trial/Raid scenes, this needs to be fixed immediately and achievements retrospectively awarded (for all groups impacted). Ahead of a new Chapter release and presumably a new raid, this is frankly a PR embarrassment.

It is intolerable that the most relevant achievement for end-game players (for many, the only reason they still play the game) has a random chance to bug out and not award.

As OP says, we spent literally 45minutes running through the trial checking adds, even killing Snake which is explicitly stated as unnecessary in the Achievement. No combat lock after every encounter shows no adds were missed, and the score throughout is the same as multiple groups who did receive PB - with plenty of VODs to evidence this - the simple conclusion is this is a bugged achievement, known about since September last year with zero action from ZOS.

Look forward to a response from the Dev team. Truly hope we get no troll responses such as "just do it again". This would simply demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of the effort and coordination required to achieve Planesbreaker.
  • HappyDan
    HappyDan
    ✭✭✭
    On a serious note, I've checked like 3 PB clears and your score stands the same on all bosses (Oxi,Bahsei and Xalvka), so it's most likely not trash missed (unless there is trash that doesn't give score)
  • LordReaper987
    LordReaper987
    ✭✭
    As someone who really loves the game, who has played pretty much every content in the game, from questing to housing, from raiding to pvp, and as somebody who wants to collect every single achievement in the game, it is very discouraging to see this.

We are talking about an achievement, which is probably the hardest one that's ever been in the game, an achievement, which really takes alot of time, even for the best groups in the game, that is simply not working.

Don't get me wrong, it is pretty common that stuff doesn't work as intended, and this is fine, just fix it then. But it is simply not acceptable to not having it fixed after half a year, when this happened multiple times already, while apparently not being able to give the players the achievements, which have god damn proofs of fulfilling the requirements.
    Even IF, for whatever reason, using Addons is causing this issue, then you should still be able to grant that achievement.

I really hope, that something is about to be done about this, and I have no idea how ZOS as a company is not embarressed by this.
    Really, it is a nice game that improved alot over the years, but please, don't dig your own grave by simply ignoring a very important playerbase, even though this is the one that drops the least cash in the crownstore.
    Edited by LordReaper987 on January 24, 2022 1:05PM
    Make stam great again
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was heartbreaking man….
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have very little faith that ZoS will do the right thing despite plenty of video evidence, but I still hope they surprise me for once.

Arguably the hardest achievement in the game bugged for over half a year is just silly.
  • poe
    poe
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS did you fixed it?
  • Harvokaan
    Harvokaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think soon we will have more players that did trifecta and didn't get achievement then players who get it.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we get some explanation why this bug is still in game after 8 months? You tweeted some time ago "what is a good communication", answering to players why they should even care about the content when devs clearly did not care to fix that would be a nice example
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dextail wrote: »
    After 8ish Months of progression, my group finally achieved planesbroken (Speed run, hard mode, no death of vet rockgrove) AFTER MONTHS when we achieved this yesterday at approx 19:15CET. It was bugged, none of us got the achievement. We ensured we killed all adds, even the one that (STILL) glitches inside the house and becomes unkillable. After we did PB we walked back and checked, no adds present. It would have been impossible for us to swap gears during the run in select area's like the dead lands if there was a glitched add there.

after months of progression and months of game development to the point you almost are ready to launch the new PTS for the NEW trial. it is unacceptable for the current end game trial to not be fixed to the point players roll a dice on if they obtain the achievement. You have known about this bug for months this is not the first group to be hit by this bug countless others have been hit before us (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/587685/planesbroken-vrg-trifecta-achievements-bugged/p1).

I would love for this to be a positive experience and zos to just hand my team the achievements we should have been awarded last night. However I'm not to naïve, i've played this game for countless years. I'm fully aware positive experiences are few and far between when it comes to zos handling bugs, unless its a quest in the middle of an expansion launch then its fixed instantly. raiders generally don't see the same love as questers.

However knowing you wont award the achievements, i ask simply this fix the achievement so others dont go though it. the despair.

Here is my link for the runif your a member of zos watching this i want you to take note of the despair in me and my groups voices as we run back though the trial looking for a reason why we wouldnt be awarded the hardest achievement in game after months of prog :

https://youtu.be/VRWZoQyJ_Fs?t=1579}

Honestly, good luck getting ZOS to do anything. We had our planesbreaker bug in Calamity back in July / August and the only response we got from ZOS was to disable our addons and go again
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • Dextail
    Dextail
    ✭✭✭

Honestly, good luck getting ZOS to do anything. We had our planesbreaker bug in Calamity back in July / August and the only response we got from ZOS was to disable our addons and go again

I know they won't do anything. I'm not that naive..but I just wish they fixed their game.

• Coopersnow
    Coopersnow
    ✭✭✭
    Please fix the issue at hand zos. It literally is imapacting peoples lives in a negavite way. Imagine trying to achive something for 9 months then have that taken away from you cause you just do not care to fix the game your own livelihood depends on.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bruh...how is this still a thing? I know so many stories about people being treated dismissively and poorly when reaching out to customer service, it's insane. Bugs happen, and in an MMO this size, I expect to see a lot of bugs/issues. It's completely normal. What isn't normal though is being told to get lost and deal with it when going to the company you're paying for help. That's a huge problem that needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Monkieponkie
    Monkieponkie
    Soul Shriven
    Please make sure these player are getting rewarded after months and months of hard works and putting like collectively around 4500 hours into the game to get this achievement.

It is ridiculous that they need to get attention via the forum instead of nice customer service.

Not even a response yet. It is heartbreaking. Time to ping again: @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_MattFiror

Take care of your players ZoS.
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently progging toward this and it does make you question why you put so much time and effort (and in some cases, yes, money) into the game, when the reward of months of progression is.... this.

I really hope you guys get a reply and there is some fix. Best of luck to you.
  • frozzzen101
    frozzzen101
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I went and compared Calamity’s world first PB and this run and checked scoring after every single trash pull. They are pretty much the same 100% of the time. Reason why I went with this run is because both groups skipped the snake side boss and they had roaming Behemoth in the same spot, so it was easy to track scoring.

Trash 1: 42300
    Trash 2: 46800
    Trash 3: 51700
    Trash 4: 58700
    Trash 5: 63800
    Oaxiltso: 118800
    Trash 6: 122700
    Trash 7: 126300
    Trash 8: 133200
    Trash 9: 138100
    Trash 10: 142100
    Flame Herald Bahsei: 197100
    Trash 11: 199600
    Trash 12: 200400
    Trash 13 + Roaming Behemoth: 204000
    Ash Titan: 207700
    Xalvakka is obviously different for both groups because time gets calculated here for final score.

Across every single pull both groups had absolutely the same score. Only difference was that one team was awarded with achievement, title and mount and other was bent over. We’re well past the “you didn’t kill all trash” or “disable addons and try again” types of excuses. What, does this need to happen on console before you realize addons aren’t problem here?

So they did get every single add. They did a no death run and they did it well within time limit. They should be awarded that achievement. After what, 100 days of progression you can’t just say do it another time. [snip]

[edited for demand/profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 24, 2022 5:06PM
  • Dream96
    Dream96
    ✭✭
    lets be honest, they will never fix this, as they never fixed lokke double tombs bug, nahvi bug on statue, or Falgravn still not showing cellar spawn... every thing related to trial hm is totally ignored
    Arcane Master
  • HEIIMS
    HEIIMS
    ✭✭✭
    So I just did some quick mafs and was able to count at least 21 Planesbreakers across PC NA/EU and console, so far to my knowledge, this achievement has been bugged 5 times, this being the 5th, so that puts us at 26 Planesbreaker runs 21 of which yielded the achievement.
    Good job zos, your most recent trial (which has been out for about 9 months?) has staggering 80.77% chance of dropping the achievement.

Good luck to anyone currently progressing PB, hopefully we will see sticker book equivalent for achievements to bypass this obvious RNG.
  • WithMyLaserGun
    WithMyLaserGun
    ✭✭✭
    Arrrg this sounds so frustrating! Please ZOS fix this and give these folks what they earned!
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HEIIMS wrote: »
    So I just did some quick mafs and was able to count at least 21 Planesbreakers across PC NA/EU and console, so far to my knowledge, this achievement has been bugged 5 times, this being the 5th, so that puts us at 26 Planesbreaker runs 21 of which yielded the achievement.
    Good job zos, your most recent trial (which has been out for about 9 months?) has staggering 80.77% chance of dropping the achievement.

Good luck to anyone currently progressing PB, hopefully we will see sticker book equivalent for achievements to bypass this obvious RNG.

I know at least 2 groups who ran it a second time and did get the achievement then, but MAN. Months in, that should NOT be happening