The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Planesbreaker - Broken (STILL) - Trifecta achievement STILL bugged

• Nattoki
    Nattoki
    Soul Shriven
    How infuriating that bug must be...
  • Harvokaan
    Harvokaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Gina you were mentioning on twitter that you thought zos is doing good job regarding the communication so maybe some acknowledgement? @ZOS_Kevin you seems to be this cool guy that at least try to keep contact with the community, when zos will be able to provide some more detailed update then "we are working on that"? It's been 8 months...
  • SirNom
    SirNom
    ✭✭✭
    With what little rewards the end game community gets for actually being good at the game and you don't even get that. The game is far too focused on roleplaying and the rewards and incentive to actually get good at the game are non existent. Antiquity leads dropping from **** easy, dead content areas and in resource drops like flowers.

How I envisage ZOS to end game players - "oh you cleared this very hard trial after months of practice.. have this meaningless title and a skin/mount that we will soon change slightly and resell on the crown store"

How I envisage ZOS speaking to other players - "oh you picked a flower after 5 hours of brainless non skilled grinding, congrats.. have this mythic item that will be used by everyone because it is so strong"

Asking ZOS to give you the achievement when you have proof of a stream should be more than enough but I bet they don't even know how to give out achievements. Just spend another 8 months grinding to get the title - it is apparently not ZOS' problem that their game doesn't work. :D

• K8theCurst
    K8theCurst
    Soul Shriven
    For those of us who prog regularly and spend months in content to get clears, it is absolutely heartbreaking (and infuriating) to see the lack of response regarding this bug. As a console player, I'm not sure it's even worth going in until it's fixed. It's not even about player ability, it's about the game deciding to behave properly or not. Which is ridiculous.

Come on Devs, please at least respond so we know you're listening and working on a solution.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uhm, I'm basically just commenting to push this thread. Finally getting that perfect run after hundreds of hours of training is just such a amazing moment. Having it ruined in that way really sucks.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nine hours and no acknowledgement yet.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All. Thanks again for raising the issue with this bug. We wanted to make sure we chatted with the dev team before coming back to you with information.

We want to let you know that this thread has been shared with our QA team highlighting your particular case. They will review your video to see if there are any patterns that can help resolve the issue of the achievement not triggering.

Our teams internally are aware of the bug. However the bug has not been reproduced internally yet, making it difficult to identify the core issue and find a resolution. As noted by others, the bug does not occur all of the time. The team is still working to see if the bug can be reproduced.

We are still actively investigating this issue. However, we also understand this is very frustrating for everyone who has achieved this accomplishment within the game so far, and by extension the greater community who wants to celebrate this achievement.

As we continue to investigate, the following would help aid in identifying the issue:
    1. If you have encountered this bug, please make a ticket. We would like to keep track of these as they happen.
    2. If you have any videos of your runs, please note them here in the forums just like @Dextail did. Visual feedback can help when trying to identify issues like this. Seeing trends that groups are doing or not doing can reveal an issue.

Please continue to share when these bugs happen and we will update when there is new information regarding a the bug. Thank you all for your continued feedback.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • gajin22
    gajin22
    Soul Shriven
    Please fix this and give this people their achievements. This is not right . You guys fix the crown store right away , every time people cant purchase. When it comes com gameplay ya wait months to fix
  • SirNom
    SirNom
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All. Thanks again for raising the issue with this bug. We wanted to make sure we chatted with the dev team before coming back to you with information.

We want to let you know that this thread has been shared with our QA team highlighting your particular case. They will review your video to see if there are any patterns that can help resolve the issue of the achievement not triggering.

Our teams internally are aware of the bug. However the bug has not been reproduced internally yet, making it difficult to identify the core issue and find a resolution. As noted by others, the bug does not occur all of the time. The team is still working to see if the bug can be reproduced.

We are still actively investigating this issue. However, we also understand this is very frustrating for everyone who has achieved this accomplishment within the game so far, and by extension the greater community who wants to celebrate this achievement.

As we continue to investigate, the following would help aid in identifying the issue:
    1. If you have encountered this bug, please make a ticket. We would like to keep track of these as they happen.
    2. If you have any videos of your runs, please note them here in the forums just like @Dextail did. Visual feedback can help when trying to identify issues like this. Seeing trends that groups are doing or not doing can reveal an issue.

Please continue to share when these bugs happen and we will update when there is new information regarding a the bug. Thank you all for your continued feedback.

To confirm, even with all the video evidence, you are not going to give these guys the title in game? Something that you can clearly see they have earned. @ZOS_Kevin
    Edited by SirNom on January 24, 2022 9:55PM
  • Dextail
    Dextail
    ✭✭✭

Firstly thank you for your response.

I've asked my team for their POV's if they have them. i'll provide these if and when possible. However you can find others POVs with the same bug on https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/587685/planesbroken-vrg-trifecta-achievements-bugged/p1

I'll also give you access to our ESO logs if that helps, there's two of them because we have two loggers (portal 1 group and portal 2 group on bashei) - 96 because of how many 3 hour raid days its taken us to achieve this...
    96 Portal 2: https://www.esologs.com/reports/LMRamBVjdfpKcrGN/
    96 Portal 1: https://www.esologs.com/reports/cB9zJYGkWt3pXxfD/

I would like an official response from the team if they will award us the achievement, post review. I'm aware that you do not know what triggers the bug so at this time cannot fix it, and i understand that's its hard to reproduce. However, its significantly harder for us to reproduce this achievement. Furthermore you cannot even advise us how to not get this happen again. As we could do another flawless run and still not get it. We have mathed out that there's approximately 21 planesbreakers out there (across all platforms and regions - stats from ESOu discord) and this bug has happened 5 times now, to 5 different teams. meaning even if we can achieve this incredibility hard achievement again, there's only a 80% chance that we will trigger the achievement to activate.

Please bare in mind this has taken us 8months, 3 raids a week, 3 hours a raid. that's almost 300hrs total for everyone to achieve this. 3,600hrs between everyone in the team for us to achieve this only to have it spoiled by this bug.

Can we get an official response on your stance on this. To know if i need to prepare the team for good or bad news.

Regards
    Dex

• Dextail
    Dextail
    ✭✭✭
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey @SirNom. We should have been more clear about this. It is not that we don't want to. Currently, we do not have the ability to grant titles and achievements. It is a current tools limitation, but we are working on addressing this in the future. So know it's not because we don't want to issue those out, we currently don't have the ability to right now.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on January 24, 2022 10:23PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dextail
    Dextail
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @SirNom. We should have been more clear about this. It is not that we don't want to. Currently, we do not have the ability to grant titles and achievements. It is a current tools limitation, but we are working on addressing this in the future. So know it's not because we don't want to issue those out, we currently don't have the ability to right now.

Would you be willing to give the team the planes breaker mount. (which we would have without the bug) I'm fully aware that the zos team is able to give mounts. This is not a limitation of your system as i know several individuals which have obtains mounts via your support ticket system. @ZOS_Kevin
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Dextail Thanks for getting the logs and for asking for addition point of view. We will send those to the team for review. And regarding the Title and Achievement we noted a response here. However, we will take this back to the team internally as well to make note of this and how it is an additional frustration point. We do have a record of this completion of the achievement for when those tools are available in the future.
    Staff Post
  • Dextail
    Dextail
    ✭✭✭
    Dextail wrote: »

Would you be willing to give the team the planes breaker mount. (which we would have without the bug) I'm fully aware that the zos team is able to give mounts. This is not a limitation of your system as i know several individuals which have obtains mounts via your support ticket system. @ZOS_Kevin

@ZOS_Kevin are you referring to my most recent reply?
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the tinfoil hat theories that we have is that it's the banner being raised before everyone is in the room for Oax and Bahsei.
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin are you referring to my most recent reply?

Customer support refused to grant mounts to our team members, who also got robbed of PB in October. And initial issue was reported in early September, its been forever since the issue was known.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Dextail Was referring to the one before the mount question. Hang tight, looking into your last question now.
    Staff Post
  • Razorruk
    Razorruk
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Thanks for your response. Noting that you first mentioned the "tool" to address this was being actively worked on back in November - any ETA?

Referencing your response in this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/587685/planesbroken-vrg-trifecta-achievements-bugged/p2

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Razorruk No eta yet. The team is working on it, but no additional info at this time.
    Staff Post
  • skinnycheeks
    skinnycheeks
    ✭✭✭✭
    really sorry to hear that happened. hope they can get this sorted out soon. this is a big deal ZOS. this is a huge milestone that takes so much effort :(
  • Dextail
    Dextail
    ✭✭✭
    @Dextail Was referring to the one before the mount question. Hang tight, looking into your last question now.

Can i just say, i really appreciate how quick you have been to respond to this. I really appreciate it, its a very big deal of a bug. I'm glad you are treating it as such. I didn't expect this kind of response. Someone promote @ZOS_Kevin, microsoft team.
  • WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    The thing I'm most frustrated about, is the lack of effort.
    Aha, the tool is in the making for a while, that sounds to me, as if there's an order for a tool that gives you easy access to handle quite a few different things in the database. Nothing for this exception, just something "we wanted to get for years as an upgrade".

I seriously can't believe, in all the years, there has never been an effort, to create a workaround (like recreating the conditions via script, so its awarded), or to invest some manual time for database changes.

Sure, that'd cost time. But its literally a bug that threw away thousands of hours of playtime.
    But things that cost players a fraction of this time, seem to be handled with way higher priority.

I can only think its about money, 12 players that might spend another month if ZOS is lucky, is usually 12x ESO+.
    What I can't understand is why you want your image trashed, instead of throwing some money/time into it and work out "something". Its not like it would be a full time job to manually verify and add achievements for the triplet achievements of your latest 12-man content. Raiding community has become small enough.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been years of issues with different achievement bugs and ZoS still "do not have the ability to grant titles and achievements", because "It is a current tools limitation" ? Get real, it's almost 8 years past lauch.
    Edited by axi on January 24, 2022 11:51PM
  • Rudrani
    Rudrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    absolute mind-crushing.

there is literally no reason ZoS should not manually award the title to these twelve players - the video of the trifecta is literally right there.
  • cro25519
    cro25519
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Thank you for your response Kevin. Glad to see some communication. Is it possible to grant these players some crown gems or crowns maybe as recompensation?

It's a common compensation strategy for bugs in most online games, and I think after 8 months of hard work, they do deserve compensation even if they can't get the achievement yet due to tooling issues.
  • jirusan
    jirusan
    ✭✭✭
    [...] for when those tools are available in the future.

In the future... After nearly a year.

So sad.
  • Maxime
    Maxime
    ✭✭
    ZOS, it would be great if you could give a more accurate estimate other then "in the future".
    This is one of the hardest achievements in the whole game. Furthermore it would be really nice if you keep track of those groups who have cleared the Rockgrove trifecta, so they will automatically get the achievement at some point.
  • Monkieponkie
    Monkieponkie
    Soul Shriven
    ZoS hire me I will help you build that tool and bring justice to our community.
  • Xairvaiss
    Xairvaiss
    ✭✭✭
    So they have 207,700 before Xav like others that got PB achiv, pop up score recorded in ZOS database, video and log evidence and you can't give achievement? WTF?
    I wondering what kind of stupid logic you have in code base?
    - score before Xav 207,700 - check
    - HM kill of last boss - check
    - 36/36 Vits - check
    - End Time <= Start Time + 30 min - check
    Is it so hard to implement those conditions?
    As high end gamer who don't have nothing to do in game aside of last triple achiev im very frustrated that it can happen to me also. Definitely will not pre-order or buy immediatly new chapter and will wait for big sale.