The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Weird health bug Ive seen a cpl of times

Larcomar
Larcomar
✭✭✭✭✭
Couple of times fighting my health bar's dropped from over 30k to 20, 21k and just stayed there a while. My immediate thought was maybe someone had stacked major + minor mangle on me - I was thinking hearmoraging + kynemarcher or something but no, it's not one of the debuffs on that set and looking at uesp I'm not sure you can get major mangle as an effect. Is this some new bug that's popped up recently? Been out for a while. Any tips / tricks on clearing it?

• divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Major Mangle exist tho?
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah thats what I meant. There's no ref to it on the uesp site anyway. hence my puzzlement. Im figuring therefore prob a bug, but though just worth asking in case Im having a brain fart and missing something obv.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Major mangle doesn't exist yet. It's probably just a visual health desync. It happens occasionally in trials where someone's health has like 30% "missing", and it never goes above that until they die.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    Couple of times fighting my health bar's dropped from over 30k to 20, 21k and just stayed there a while. My immediate thought was maybe someone had stacked major + minor mangle on me - I was thinking hearmoraging + kynemarcher or something but no, it's not one of the debuffs on that set and looking at uesp I'm not sure you can get major mangle as an effect. Is this some new bug that's popped up recently? Been out for a while. Any tips / tricks on clearing it?
    hi @Larcomar , you wouldn't happen to be a *Vampire* , would you? If yes, that isn't a bug but rather the pitfalls of 0% 'health recovery' . I'm guessing you probably know this already, but sometimes the most obvious things can be missed, so i just figured i'd ask.

Also: Assuming you're playing on PC, are you by chance running the game with any 'mods' or 'add-ons' ?

And does it always only happen to you in PVP or also happens in other non-pvp combat situations? (and if so, any additional specifics or details would be great)
    Edited by NeeScrolls on January 20, 2022 4:53AM
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm a vamp, but it's not that :) Leaving aside that I'm not at stage 4, this is where I was spamming heals and it made no difference. I think - not sure - my health bar had actually contracted to like 21k and it was showing 100%. Can;'t be entirely certain though. Either way, I've only seen it a couple of times - both times pvp. It's prob like valhall says a weird health bar desynch... I just wondered if I was missing something new. Anyway Ill keep an eye out for it happening again, see if I can get a better look at it. Not a regular occurence tho.