The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What are some of worst sets in the game

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sheer venom is not bad right now (since they changed the cooldown to be per target, you could apply to a whole mob at once with whirling blades due to it being an execute)

It has always been applied to multiple targets at once, as well as weapon splash damage when using executes. But the last modification they did reduced the damage so much that vitrually every other proc set outdamages it.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And I thought armor damage is based upon XP and player deaths.

It is, if you go grind exp with experience boosts in a public dungeon you better bring some repair kits.

Edited by Snamyap on January 8, 2022 5:00AM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Kyne's Kiss
    Undertaker
    Hatchling shell
    Footman's fortune
    That one when you take no damage for x seconds then get a shield.

But my choice is...

Nikulas Heavy Armor.

You have to block like 8 attacks, just to then deflect the 9th. Takes a long time to build up, can't control it, all for the same result as a roll dodge.

Surely nobody uses this?

That last one definitely needs love. Stone keep only makes you block 3 attacks
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    This one has a colddown or a bug. It is not working right away after 6sec. So if u kill once and after 6 sec kill aother mob it might works again or have some invisible colddown
    But it is a good set for trash play with vampire skills bcz I reach up to 16k HP, and with the vamp skill for 600attack every second it is helpfull.

Screenshot-20220108-144629.png
    Edited by HyekAr on January 8, 2022 1:53PM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spelunker prolly.

Medium:
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage and Spell Damage
    (5 items) Reduces the cost of your Undaunted abilities by 10%. When an ally uses one of your Undaunted ability synergies you restore 730 Magicka and Stamina. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

If it didn't have the Cooldown it might be a fun little base game tank sustainy set, but the CD really kills any potential.
    Edited by karekiz on January 8, 2022 4:48PM
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noble Duelist. Literally just a worse undaunted infiltrator after the stat hybridization.

Biggest problem is the uptime. Despite what the tooltip looks like you'll get ~90 uptime even in a full melee fight with the set double bar'd. Single bar will be <80% as you'll eventually miss a proc before backbar rotation.

The set should just have no cooldown.

Also the proc condition is way more limiting compared to other heavy attack sets. The effect should be stronger, or the proc easier (longer range, longer duration, whatever).

Noble Duelist is an excellent set. It’s better than Infiltrator as it only requires a Light Attack. Pair it with Undaunted Unweaver and use it in PVP on a Nightblade with Ambush. They both get boosted by Empower and you can get a nasty burst out of combining them.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the "worst", but it would be definitely in top 10 worst sets - Salvation set.

https://eso-sets.com/set/salvation

(4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (5 items) Reduces the cost of your Werewolf Transformation ability by 33%. While in Werewolf form, your Weapon Damage and Spell Damage is increased by 150.

I think the only reasonable use case for it is maybe when you are levelling Werewolf and you want transform faster... but even then a sustain set is way better. Besides, WW levels up quite fast, so I don't see anyone grinding this set just so they could use WW ulti faster. 150 weapon dmg is also miserable. It only works while in WW form and it is very weak compared to other sets that work all the time.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 8, 2022 5:39PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HyekAr wrote: »
    This one has a colddown or a bug. It is not working right away after 6sec. So if u kill once and after 6 sec kill aother mob it might works again or have some invisible colddown
    But it is a good set for trash play with vampire skills bcz I reach up to 16k HP, and with the vamp skill for 600attack every second it is helpfull.

Screenshot-20220108-144629.png

i personally feel like any set which requires an enemy to be killed has very limited use, as in they are only effective if you are flat out farming a public dungeon or something
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemme critique some critiques, on why I think some of these sets do not qualify as the worst, since they have a niche. All my comments pertain only to PvP.

Knight's Errant: I know a guy who used to win many duels with this set, even after the damage reduction to S&B skills. I think back in the day some recommended it as a way to beat vMA on StamDK, which was long known as the worst class for vMA.

Of all the sets listed in this thread, I would agree with the current version of Nikulas's. I say give the stacked effect something like Jailer's Tenacity 5 piece, where it will negate the next hit of 7k or more damage, rather than just any damage, or, give it back some of its old function: make the stacked effect reflect the next projectile, damaging its caster.

I mean, I do have Knight's Errant in my main PvP build.
    My issue with it is that even with the added dmg, none of the S&S skills are my primary source of damage, I only use shielded assault for gap closing and stuns, my damage comes from templar skills, fighter's guild, and vamp.
    Power Bash has potential to deal so much damage, but it's highly redundant, risky, and you just end up gimping yourself: you need to block to charge the max damage, this means you'd need to be taking damage, and getting your stamina drained. In PvE, the tank is the one who should be doing the blocking, but as a tank, you won't deal damage, best I could do was 8k. As a DPS, base skill does 10k with buffs and set (2h's spammable does 12k without special sets), but I don't block as much because I don't hold that much aggro, and in PvP, I'll take lots of damage just by blocking, and my stamina will drain way too fast before I can even cast that skill, but even doing so, the damage dealt isn't even worth it to make a difference, you can just spam your 2h skill twice in less time.

All I'm saying is that the purpose of Knight's Errant and the state of sword and shield skills gets as redundant and somewhat useless as a corrupting bloody mara drink for vampires. That drink gives you lots of health recovery and sets your vampirism to stage 4, and at stage 4, you have 0% health recovery, so the buff of that drink gets completely null.

Maybe if sword and shield skills scaled with your health instead of your damage, it could allow for tank/bruiser builds that actually deal damage, OR if sword and shield had a spammable skill that deals good damage without needed odd requirements, knight errant would help, otherwise, I can replace knight errant with any other damage dealing set and I won't see any difference (probably an improvement) on my build.
    But I'm still trying to make sword and shield fun (I don't need it to spam jabs)
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most sets that require synergies or heavy attacks.

Unfathomable darkness could be better.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Galaen_Frost
    Galaen_Frost
    ✭✭✭

By reducing the volume of the crows by 50%.
    Wandering the lands of Tamriel, waiting for the hammer to drop.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the synergy ones can be sometimes potent in the hands of a necromancer since they have a self-synergy

or if you are using lady thorn monster set (can also provide self synergy for any class)

there are a lot of interesting combinations you can get from that (stacking alkosh and twilight remedy on a harmony necro could be one, havent tried it but might have potential lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemme critique some critiques, on why I think some of these sets do not qualify as the worst, since they have a niche. All my comments pertain only to PvP.

Knight's Errant: I know a guy who used to win many duels with this set, even after the damage reduction to S&B skills. I think back in the day some recommended it as a way to beat vMA on StamDK, which was long known as the worst class for vMA.

Of all the sets listed in this thread, I would agree with the current version of Nikulas's. I say give the stacked effect something like Jailer's Tenacity 5 piece, where it will negate the next hit of 7k or more damage, rather than just any damage, or, give it back some of its old function: make the stacked effect reflect the next projectile, damaging its caster.

I mean, I do have Knight's Errant in my main PvP build.
    My issue with it is that even with the added dmg, none of the S&S skills are my primary source of damage, I only use shielded assault for gap closing and stuns, my damage comes from templar skills, fighter's guild, and vamp.
    Power Bash has potential to deal so much damage, but it's highly redundant, risky, and you just end up gimping yourself: you need to block to charge the max damage, this means you'd need to be taking damage, and getting your stamina drained. In PvE, the tank is the one who should be doing the blocking, but as a tank, you won't deal damage, best I could do was 8k. As a DPS, base skill does 10k with buffs and set (2h's spammable does 12k without special sets), but I don't block as much because I don't hold that much aggro, and in PvP, I'll take lots of damage just by blocking, and my stamina will drain way too fast before I can even cast that skill, but even doing so, the damage dealt isn't even worth it to make a difference, you can just spam your 2h skill twice in less time.

All I'm saying is that the purpose of Knight's Errant and the state of sword and shield skills gets as redundant and somewhat useless as a corrupting bloody mara drink for vampires. That drink gives you lots of health recovery and sets your vampirism to stage 4, and at stage 4, you have 0% health recovery, so the buff of that drink gets completely null.

Maybe if sword and shield skills scaled with your health instead of your damage, it could allow for tank/bruiser builds that actually deal damage, OR if sword and shield had a spammable skill that deals good damage without needed odd requirements, knight errant would help, otherwise, I can replace knight errant with any other damage dealing set and I won't see any difference (probably an improvement) on my build.
    But I'm still trying to make sword and shield fun (I don't need it to spam jabs)

Sword and Board does have a spammable and it requires nothing. In fact, it deals more base damage than Surprise Attack. As for Knight Errant, it’s a good set. I paired it with Automaton on a Stamplar and did very well with it in PvP.
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not the "worst", but it would be definitely in top 10 worst sets - Salvation set.

https://eso-sets.com/set/salvation

(4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (5 items) Reduces the cost of your Werewolf Transformation ability by 33%. While in Werewolf form, your Weapon Damage and Spell Damage is increased by 150.

I think the only reasonable use case for it is maybe when you are levelling Werewolf and you want transform faster... but even then a sustain set is way better. Besides, WW levels up quite fast, so I don't see anyone grinding this set just so they could use WW ulti faster. 150 weapon dmg is also miserable. It only works while in WW form and it is very weak compared to other sets that work all the time.

Honestly, Salvation could be useful if it reduces all werewolf abilities by a decent percent and increase the weapon damage it gives. Since the weapon damage is just low compare to other sets and having it work on all werewolf abilities instead of just the ultimate would be nice, especially as a way to combat the downside of using Molag Kena. (Now obviously the cost reduction wouldn't be 33%, that's way too high).
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    Off the top of my head:
    Overland:
    - Radiant Bastion
    - Vampire Cloak
    - Vampire Lord. I guess it's ok if you want to RP an overland vampire.

Crafted:
    - Twice-Born Star. Mundus Stone nerfs over the years rendered this set underpowered and obsolete.
    - Coldharbour's Favorite
    - Dauntless Combatant. You can get this bonus from cp without using 5 equipment slots.
    - Sload's Semblance. Too weak for PvE, too weak for PvP.
    - Pelinal's Wrath. I tried to make it work, crafted a full training set for xp grinding and paired it with Ring of the Pale Order but it was worse than traditional setups. Bonus falls off too quickly and it's terrible for boss fights with few adds. You also need to get the killing blow for it to give you a stack, so even your pet or companion killing something will prevent you from gaining a stack. Needless to say it's terrible around other players.

pls help TBS....
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    pls help TBS....

TBS is not a bad set, especially with all gold divines. Though if it was Thrice born star it would be better o:)

• PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    Anything that gives a damage shield.

If you build the right way for it then in PvE at least damage shield sets can be a big win. They also seem to reduce your armour repair bill dramatically.

Build right? Why would you need a shield set in PvE? It does no damage. If you're struggling with solo survivability you can use Pale Order or the CP (Reaving Blows iirc)
    50 gold repair kits are no issue.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that gives a damage shield.

If you build the right way for it then in PvE at least damage shield sets can be a big win. They also seem to reduce your armour repair bill dramatically.

Build right? Why would you need a shield set in PvE? It does no damage. If you're struggling with solo survivability you can use Pale Order or the CP (Reaving Blows iirc)
    50 gold repair kits are no issue.

Damage shield sets can help you if soloing lock down mechanics like the troll boss in Frostvault. And while not being able to proc from damage shield sets, Infernal Guardian is one of the highest DPS monster sets you can wear.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

the synergy ones can be sometimes potent in the hands of a necromancer since they have a self-synergy

or if you are using lady thorn monster set (can also provide self synergy for any class)

there are a lot of interesting combinations you can get from that (stacking alkosh and twilight remedy on a harmony necro could be one, havent tried it but might have potential lol)

By the way Alkosh pen bonus scales only with WD. Hybridization went wrong.