The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS Please help Magden

• GusTheWizard
    GusTheWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    A class not having access to a burst heal is not considered "class identity", it just means that the class lacks something that EVERY other class has access to.

Dk dragon blood
    Templar breath of life
    Sorc matriarch
    Necro flesh

And as of last patch Magblade with Healthy Offering. Magden is the only magicka class now that doesn’t have a good burst heal.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Lotus Blossom could be ditched. Instead, you get a Spriggan pet that heals you. Similar to Necro Ghost.

I like this idea, it isn't a burst heal that magden lacks but it would surely help the class and make a useless skill actually useful.

Lotus is a very important skill for a lot of builds - it's the source of crit for a DPS, it's the skill DPS wardens run to give minor toughness to a group if they don't have a warden healer and in general it's a DPS 'take pressure off the healers' skill or hybrid healer/dps skill that lets you keep a dungeon group happy whilst focussing on damage.

Maybe warden shouldn't have that burst heal anyway, maybe class identity ought to mean something ?

Magden's healing was supposed to be less than other classes outside of major mending when you look at the original design, but after the major mending, minor protection and major protection nerfs it's been far too low. we've crutched entirely on blast until blackwood when they nerfed it hard. they need to give us a solid magicka based burst heal that is able to reach as much as something like resistant flesh, but only with major mending procced.

If they give magden a big burst heal it needs to function as a group heal either cone or AoE and cost like 5k magika.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Lotus Blossom could be ditched. Instead, you get a Spriggan pet that heals you. Similar to Necro Ghost.

I like this idea, it isn't a burst heal that magden lacks but it would surely help the class and make a useless skill actually useful.

Lotus is a very important skill for a lot of builds - it's the source of crit for a DPS, it's the skill DPS wardens run to give minor toughness to a group if they don't have a warden healer and in general it's a DPS 'take pressure off the healers' skill or hybrid healer/dps skill that lets you keep a dungeon group happy whilst focussing on damage.

Maybe warden shouldn't have that burst heal anyway, maybe class identity ought to mean something ?

Magden's healing was supposed to be less than other classes outside of major mending when you look at the original design, but after the major mending, minor protection and major protection nerfs it's been far too low. we've crutched entirely on blast until blackwood when they nerfed it hard. they need to give us a solid magicka based burst heal that is able to reach as much as something like resistant flesh, but only with major mending procced.

If they give magden a big burst heal it needs to function as a group heal either cone or AoE and cost like 5k magika.

budding already exists as a big aoe burst heal? the reason doesn't work well as a self heal is because it takes 2 GCDs and has very wonky placement, you literally achieve the same amount of healing if you cast living trellis twice if it's already up and we all know that doesn't save you. we're talking about a 1 GCD burst heal for self that can can compete with what literally every other magicka class has even if it only achieve that with major mending. we have no other healing options that are able to do that, and our mitigation isn't what it once was either due to the same nerfs. i'm not going to say that the changes to the major and minor buffs were bad, but some compensation should have been made to specific magicka based heals that didn't overperform before the nerfs. enchanted growth's healing to self, living trellis's burst or reworking bursting vines are all options to receive the buff that is needed.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on January 12, 2022 3:31PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main Magden. Since it got released.

Well you said you played a warden healer that’s why I asked.

Ah I see. I have a healer and a tank too.
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭

Why would it function like that? It doesn't solve the problem which is that magden needs a reliable 1 gcd max mag spell dmg scaling single target burst heal.
    Also warden already has a big aoe burst heal.
    Edited by Greek_Hellspawn on January 12, 2022 7:42PM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blast doesn't need mag scaling healing or even healing in general for that matter. Polar is great for hp healing but we don't need 2 tank morphs for the tank heal when there's 4 class damage skills outside of ultimates. Instead it should drop the healing to focus on stunning and damage like it should have in the first place. One of the FIVE green balance heals should fufill the job of burst healing self.

My issue with that is Magden doesn’t have much bar space and having your burst heal and stun be the same skill frees up a slot, I most prefer Arctic Blast get duel scaling.

I think they should probably buff green balance abilities tbh. If a heal was made more effective, it would be worth it because green balance passives are quite good. Having resource sustain, major mending and increased healing done from passives are pretty strong. Whereas winters embrace doesn't quite do the same as it's mainly utility skill line. I would prefer having arctic reworked into a more reliable hard CC which magden lacks and have a green balance abilities and get the decent green balance passives incorporated into rotation
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

budding already exists as a big aoe burst heal? the reason doesn't work well as a self heal is because it takes 2 GCDs and has very wonky placement, you literally achieve the same amount of healing if you cast living trellis twice if it's already up and we all know that doesn't save you. we're talking about a 1 GCD burst heal for self that can can compete with what literally every other magicka class has even if it only achieve that with major mending. we have no other healing options that are able to do that, and our mitigation isn't what it once was either due to the same nerfs. i'm not going to say that the changes to the major and minor buffs were bad, but some compensation should have been made to specific magicka based heals that didn't overperform before the nerfs. enchanted growth's healing to self, living trellis's burst or reworking bursting vines are all options to receive the buff that is needed.

I'm sorry but as somoene that has a templar main, the so called big burst heal is not self healing. It is to the lowest target. You have no idea how that one skill can result in you dying if you hope that it will save you as a templar and someone just so happens to be near you with lower health. I rely more on rapid regen which also happens to hit the lower health target, yeah...both skills I rely on for my templar can heal others. Just think about that for a moment before you make a request because my Warden is in a better spot than my Templar all because of Artic Blast.
    Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on January 12, 2022 9:44PM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry but as somoene that has a templar main, the so called big burst heal is not self healing. It is to the lowest target. You have no idea how that one skill can result in you dying if you hope that it will save you as a templar and someone just so happens to be near you with lower health. I rely more on rapid regen which also happens to hit the lower health target, yeah...both skills I rely on for my templar can heal others. Just think about that for a moment before you make a request because my Warden is in a better spot than my Templar all because of Artic Blast.

I don't think you understood anything i said
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MEBengalsFan2001 warden in a better spot than templar ? Hmmm that doesn't seem right
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MEBengalsFan2001 warden in a better spot than templar ? Hmmm that doesn't seem right

at least when talking about magplar vs magden everyone here knows magplar by far beats magden pvp dps. it's not even close.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Healing wise they are....Templar heals are a hit or a miss. Artic Blast for the Warden only heals the Warden. Not saying it is a great healing skill but at least it doesn't have a chance to heal others.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Healing wise they are....Templar heals are a hit or a miss. Artic Blast for the Warden only heals the Warden. Not saying it is a great healing skill but at least it doesn't have a chance to heal others.

That is a minor problem
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this is just factually wrong
  • GusTheWizard
    GusTheWizard
    ✭✭✭✭

That is a minor problem

Also it’s just not true Living Dark, Channeled Focus, Ritual of Retribution and Jabs are all self heals over time, and when you get low and really need a big heal Honor of the Dead almost always goes to you, I’ve played maglar before.

Edit: Radiant Glory as well
    Edited by GusTheWizard on January 14, 2022 6:35PM
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to main Magden in pvp. I loved my magden. Playing it was like second nature to me. But now he just sits and collects dust, waiting and hoping in vain that Zos remembers he exists.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That is a minor problem

Also it’s just not true Living Dark, Channeled Focus, Ritual of Retribution and Jabs are all self heals over time, and when you get low and really need a big heal Honor of the Dead almost always goes to you, I’ve played maglar before.

Edit: Radiant Glory as well

yeah, they're pretty solid self healers. besides you can just face away from targets if you need to heal, same is doable with trellis it's just that the burst from trellis does close to nothing nowadays.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on January 15, 2022 2:45AM
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean... I've been playing my warden as both a healer and a dealer (at the same time) in both group and solo. She seems pretty solid to me and more than capable of recovering from anything as long as the lag isn't terrible. But if you guys want to make her stronger in that regard well just go right on ahead! It was only a few months ago people were sending me whispers and spamming their crouch because I was on the OP warden class that, "only needs to stack 45k hp and spam their class heals" to win :)

I think part of the problem is that people are having a hard time of letting go of old outdated concepts... things like stamwarden vs magwarden. Just try warden. Period. I've been running resto staff backbar and vigor dual wield front for a while now and this latest patch has made it even better! Seriously, gives some weird things a try! You might just be surprised.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You keep mentioning honor the dead/BoL’s heal value but you never mention the condition that comes with it. It’s not a guranteed heal to whoever/wherever you aim it. It might choose another target to affect as opposed to the warden heals you compare it to.
  • GusTheWizard
    GusTheWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    You keep mentioning honor the dead/BoL’s heal value but you never mention the condition that comes with it. It’s not a guranteed heal to whoever/wherever you aim it. It might choose another target to affect as opposed to the warden heals you compare it to.

Fine I’ll say Coagulating Blood then I have gotten 11k Coags in battlegrounds at low health. On warden using Arctic Blast I can’t even get 6k with major mending active.
    Edited by GusTheWizard on January 15, 2022 5:58AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Except I've never had any issues with it in all of the years I've played. That is a minor ltp issue, i even just tested it on the live game, if you face away from your allies you'll recieve the heal from Breath of Life even if you're at a higher health than them. this is the same way it works for trellis. it's something you play around.

Where as magden's lack of burst healing is a genuine problem that isn't able to be fixed on our end because we have to funnel so far into healing to make it viable, that we're not able to make a balanced build anymore. Why are you trying to counter our issue?
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on January 15, 2022 9:28AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Janni wrote: »
    I mean... I've been playing my warden as both a healer and a dealer (at the same time) in both group and solo. She seems pretty solid to me and more than capable of recovering from anything as long as the lag isn't terrible. But if you guys want to make her stronger in that regard well just go right on ahead! It was only a few months ago people were sending me whispers and spamming their crouch because I was on the OP warden class that, "only needs to stack 45k hp and spam their class heals" to win :)

I think part of the problem is that people are having a hard time of letting go of old outdated concepts... things like stamwarden vs magwarden. Just try warden. Period. I've been running resto staff backbar and vigor dual wield front for a while now and this latest patch has made it even better! Seriously, gives some weird things a try! You might just be surprised.

The concept still exists. Stamden is able to use stamina scaling skills to a good extent because it has the sustain and resources to do so. You can't get away with using the same skills on a magden because not only can we not achieve a balanced magicka build at the moment, we also don't have more room to stack stamina and stamina regen for a skill/skills that will be half as effective.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on January 15, 2022 8:57AM
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭

The concept still exists. Stamden is able to use stamina scaling skills to a good extent because it has the sustain and resources to do so. You can't get away with using the same skills on a magden because not only can we not achieve a balanced magicka build at the moment, we also don't have more room to stack stamina and stamina regen for a skill/skills that will be half as effective.

Have you tried? Again, I don't think you should think of things in terms of stam or mag spec anymore. There are plenty of sets and passives now that let you run literally any skills you want in any mix-n-match configuration you like!

I run about 30k mag, 29k stam and 28-30k hp and about 5.5k spell and weapon damage. Penetration is a bit low at only 11k though. My sustain is probably higher than what some of the really good players even need and I am perfectly capable of keeping my vigor and regen ticking at all times and usually my vines and shimmering shield when needed. And I can sprint and spam dodge rolls and whiling blades and blessing of restoration when it counts. Seriously, give it a try. You might just find what you are looking for! :)

EDIT: Tbf though, I don't run in Ravenwatch anymore and I don't care for BGs so perhaps things are different in those places. But for CP Cyrodiil and Imperial City, I am finding this setup works very well both for solo and team play.
    Edited by Janni on January 15, 2022 5:01PM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Have you tried? Again, I don't think you should think of things in terms of stam or mag spec anymore. There are plenty of sets and passives now that let you run literally any skills you want in any mix-n-match configuration you like!

I run about 30k mag, 29k stam and 28-30k hp and about 5.5k spell and weapon damage. Penetration is a bit low at only 11k though. My sustain is probably higher than what some of the really good players even need and I am perfectly capable of keeping my vigor and regen ticking at all times and usually my vines and shimmering shield when needed. And I can sprint and spam dodge rolls and whiling blades and blessing of restoration when it counts. Seriously, give it a try. You might just find what you are looking for! :)

EDIT: Tbf though, I don't run in Ravenwatch anymore and I don't care for BGs so perhaps things are different in those places. But for CP Cyrodiil and Imperial City, I am finding this setup works very well both for solo and team play.

Yeah I've tried all manner of settups. Including a magicka warden that tries running executioner which is probably the most usable "hybrid" warden, but since it still doesn't have a usable heal it's not something that can work because you can't sustain it as well as running and blocking while having the damage, mag sustain and survivability you'd need on a balanced build that every other class has the ability to make.
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing with Wardens is that they are the kings and queens of HoTs - which I find super powerful because you can stack them, they are more cost effective, and they keep working when things go bad like getting stunned or converged. Pluse they keep working while you are on the offensive. If you run two or three of these HoTs, keep a potion handy, and maybe run either vate 2hand with rally or resto staff with blessing, or even just arctic with some decent health you can really survive a lot of damage. Shimmering shield is a big part of it too because it basically stops anyone that is far away from pressuring you too much.

The only reason I'm pointing this out is because they literally were complained about nonstop until just a couple months ago about being hands-down the most OP class in the game (which I also don't agree with btw) and nothing about them has changed in that time. And the only thing that's changed in the game mechs is a further push towards hybrid gear which really only helps the mag side of things imo. But if we re-e-e-e-e-e-ally want to make arctic a stronger heal I'M not going to complain. I'll just have to go back to setting myself to offline mode while I'm in Cyrodil hahaha
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing with Wardens is that they are the kings and queens of HoTs - which I find super powerful because you can stack them, they are more cost effective, and they keep working when things go bad like getting stunned or converged. Pluse they keep working while you are on the offensive. If you run two or three of these HoTs, keep a potion handy, and maybe run either vate 2hand with rally or resto staff with blessing, or even just arctic with some decent health you can really survive a lot of damage. Shimmering shield is a big part of it too because it basically stops anyone that is far away from pressuring you too much.

The only reason I'm pointing this out is because they literally were complained about nonstop until just a couple months ago about being hands-down the most OP class in the game (which I also don't agree with btw) and nothing about them has changed in that time. And the only thing that's changed in the game mechs is a further push towards hybrid gear which really only helps the mag side of things imo. But if we re-e-e-e-e-e-ally want to make arctic a stronger heal I'M not going to complain. I'll just have to go back to setting myself to offline mode while I'm in Cyrodil hahaha

Nope that destinction goes to Necromancer. Ghost and hTether are far better than what warden has access to, not asking for warden's HoTs to be buffed either. Just need a solid burst heal for self that can compete with what other classes have.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on January 15, 2022 7:21PM
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This right here is why dead/BoL are subpar skills. As for those

How so? Templar big heal Breath of Life/Honor the dead has a high chance to heal someone near you with lower health. How is that wrong? The healing from the so called bubble is also fairly low and doesn't stop high hits from killing me. Similar to artic blast the difference is the bubble only heals if hit otherwise no heal. Artic Blast provides a good heal up front with small ticks afterwards.

My Warden Artic Blast heals for 75% of the value of my Templar Honor the Dead heal and yet it only heals my Warden and I also get an AoE around me that can eventually stun. I'm sorry but that skill IMO is fine where it is. Now if the devs adjust the skill one morph with heals the other more on stunning/damage would be an ok change. Not having both healing and stun/damage.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This right here is why dead/BoL are subpar skills. As for those

How so? Templar big heal Breath of Life/Honor the dead has a high chance to heal someone near you with lower health. How is that wrong? The healing from the so called bubble is also fairly low and doesn't stop high hits from killing me. Similar to artic blast the difference is the bubble only heals if hit otherwise no heal. Artic Blast provides a good heal up front with small ticks afterwards.

My Warden Artic Blast heals for 75% of the value of my Templar Honor the Dead heal and yet it only heals my Warden and I also get an AoE around me that can eventually stun. I'm sorry but that skill IMO is fine where it is. Now if the devs adjust the skill one morph with heals the other more on stunning/damage would be an ok change. Not having both healing and stun/damage.

No skill should be that overloaded in terms of functions anyway because it makes the skill overpowered and/or cripples other elements of the skill. Other magicka based options should be our burst heal since it's fairer to fight against. Blast should keep it's damage and stun functions and focus on them while dropping the healing, while polar should remain as is.
    BoL and it's equivalents are fine. It sounds to me like you guys haven't learned how to face away from your allies to cast the heal which is an entirely learnable skill.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on January 26, 2022 11:55PM