Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Wrath of the Imperium not working at all

GetAgrippa
GetAgrippa
✭✭✭✭✭
I tested this set and as far as I can tell it isn't buffing any ranged skills at all. Not inferno light attacks, not force pulse, not necro skull.

To test I took off all my gear and equipped an Imperium staff and a ring. I then changed to a ring of a different set that has the same trait and enchant, so I was only wearing 2 pieces of Imperium. The damage was the same on both set ups. This set is not buffing any damage.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    GetAgrippa wrote: »
    I tested this set and as far as I can tell it isn't buffing any ranged skills at all. Not inferno light attacks, not force pulse, not necro skull.

To test I took off all my gear and equipped an Imperium staff and a ring. I then changed to a ring of a different set that has the same trait and enchant, so I was only wearing 2 pieces of Imperium. The damage was the same on both set ups. This set is not buffing any damage.
    hmm yeah something must be up with it cuz i remember seeing 2 other threads about it, here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/593330/wrath-of-the-imperium-set ....and also here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/499515/new-wrath-of-imperium-set-not-affecting-force-pulse

Options
  • Fizzyapple
    Fizzyapple
    ✭✭✭
    Its not working with any bow abilities either.
    Options
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Confirming this set is broken.
    PC NA
    Options
  • TumlinTheJolly
    TumlinTheJolly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Confirming the 3piece bonus for this set still does nothing. Tested with a range of sorc skills, NB skills, bow skills.
    Options
  • Bokila
    Bokila
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm this.. It does not even buff the tooltip of the bow abilities. Did not check any other ability skill line. Hopefully it gets fixed soon because i had a nice build in mind..
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the same problem that is affecting its sister set, Eagle Eye.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/601774/eagle-eye-set-bugged#latest
    Options
  • Bokila
    Bokila
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the same problem that is affecting its sister set, Eagle Eye.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/601774/eagle-eye-set-bugged#latest

Yeah, crazy to think that this bug report was posted in January and they didn't fix it since :#
    I suppose my build will have to wait a few years..
    Options
  • Fizzyapple
    Fizzyapple
    ✭✭✭
    Eagle-eye works. The skills that person tested are not considered ranged direct damage.. Feral guardian is a pet which is not considered ranged or melee scorch is considered melee and it procs sets that require melee damage (and the ranged damage of DV) and unstable wall is an aoe/dot. I will do more testing maybe it stopped working or maybe I made a mistake.

Anyway, wrath still isn't working.
    Edited by Fizzyapple on April 21, 2022 1:02AM
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fizzyapple wrote: »
    Eagle-eye works. The skills that person tested are not considered ranged direct damage.. Feral guardian is a pet which is not considered ranged or melee scorch is considered melee and it procs sets that require melee damage (and the ranged damage of DV) and unstable wall is an aoe/dot. I will do more testing maybe it stopped working or maybe I made a mistake.

Anyway, wrath still isn't working.

Eagle Eye is certainly bugged. Elemental Ring is the textbook definition of a ranged direct damage skill and it has no effect.

I'm not sure what you mean about the bear, every source of damage is categorized as either ranged or melee, and being a pet is irrelevant. 1/3 of its attacks are working with the set, and all 3 are direct damage that can be used from a long distance. If the devs decide that it should be considered melee because the bear itself is within 5m of the enemy that is fine, but in that case all 3 attacks should be the same, and it needs to proc melee sets such as Advancing Yokeda.

Personally, I think it needs to be defined as player distance from enemy. Otherwise where would you draw the line? Is cliff racer melee because the animal gets close to deal damage? I'd say no because the caster may be 28m away. Same story for fetcherflies, the bugs themselves may be close to the enemy but it's still clearly a ranged ability. And does it even matter if the animation looks like an animal or an object? Would snipe be considered melee because the arrow must get close to an enemy before dealing damage? I think not, the range of the player casting the ability is all that matters.

Scorch and the final tick of unstable wall (the instant explosion) are both direct damage and have a range of 18+ meters. If something is bugged with Diamonds Victory that can be reported as well, but neither of these are melee skills.

Go ahead and do that testing, I think you'll find there are many other direct damage ranged skills that do not work with EE.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on April 21, 2022 5:08PM
    Options