The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Login failed.

tuxon
tuxon
✭✭✭✭
> If you purchased the game through Steam you must start the game on that platform. SINCE WHEN THIS IS A THING???

I played yesterday (and for the past 2 years like this) I had the original client for years now because there was always some *** going on with steam authentication and you couldn't log in there properly.
Seriously?
Can I play the damn game? PLEASE?
I have to download 200GBs or so again?
Have anyone experienced something like this?!
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on January 6, 2022 8:00PM
Resdayniil kan tarcel
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings Tuxon

Please see this article for steps that may be able to help with a Login Failed error.

For information on launching without Steam, please see this article.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • tuxon
    tuxon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings Tuxon

Please see this article for steps that may be able to help with a Login Failed error.

For information on launching without Steam, please see this article.

You can visit The Elder Scrolls Online Store to purchase the full game version, even if you already own the base game from Steam.

Dear Admin,

Maybe I'm wrong or I misunderstood you. I really want to understand now what's going on. Are you openly telling me that I have to buy the game again? So you are saying that I played the game before (yesterday even) like I am used to for over 2 years now but now I can't? Because it is and was possible before but you changed it yourselves. So now not only I have to download 200GB again, setup all my addons again but also just buy the game again for no reason after 6 years?! Please explain me why I can't play your game.
    Resdayniil kan tarcel
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @tuxon

If you are trying to play ESO on Steam, you don't need to purchase the game again to fix any login issues.

What is the exact login error that you're currently getting in ESO on Steam?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post