Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pvp : bring back animation cancel

Jessythesavage
Ever since they removed animation cancelling from the game you get weird bugs, you get stuck in stuns(can't cc break) , get stuck in sprint animation, the fights feels so slow , clunky , "buggy", heavy attacks doesn't work too most of the time. I think its a big reason why this game isn't good as it used to be
Edited by Jessythesavage on December 29, 2021 1:10PM
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can cancel just fine. Sure you're not having internet issues or desyncs caused by lag during prime time?
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Jessythesavage
    that too . but they just made everything worst since they changed the combat
  • Ythotha
    Ythotha
    ✭✭✭
    thats not animation cancelling, its just crappy servers and a decade old engine that was lackluster back when the game came out and still is
    Edited by Ythotha on December 30, 2021 7:03PM
  • Muskrap
    Muskrap
    ✭✭✭
    Ythotha wrote: »
    thats not animation cancelling, its just crappy servers and a decade old engine that was lackluster back when the game came out and still is

No there was a definite change in how performance effected every player after the block change. The change in question forced people to go through a minimum amount of animations before being able to do another action. and since they changed it to server side any amount of lag when you are trying to block just amplifies how much clunkier the game feels as to before they made the change
  • Muskrap
    Muskrap
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    I can cancel just fine. Sure you're not having internet issues or desyncs caused by lag during prime time?

Light attack cancelling isn't the change OP is referencing. They are referencing the block changes that happened in or around Harrowstorm. A change they credited to performance but somehow made performance worse the patch implemented and hasnt seen improvements in performance since.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muskrap wrote: »
    Vevvev wrote: »

Light attack cancelling isn't the change OP is referencing. They are referencing the block changes that happened in or around Harrowstorm. A change they credited to performance but somehow made performance worse the patch implemented and hasnt seen improvements in performance since.

I know what they're talking about as I was there during that change and the resulting performance detriments that followed. I can pull it off outside prime time which is why I asked the question about lag.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    being able to block cancel abilities and ults was so nice. DB actually landed then

while they are at it, can they also revert whatever changes they did to heavy attacks, because now you can be 2 meters away from someone and miss a heavy attack on your snb bar.
  • WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I absolutely agree. Thank you to the guys that are taking the time to explain what the issue is. No thank you to the guys that are trying to deny its a problem.
    I don't know exactly why it's happening, but there are some definite problems with skill casts these past few patches. I'm sure lag is an issue, but there are too many consistent bugs with the same skills to entirely blame the lag.
    I see streamers on YouTube talking about creating a master list of all the known bugs, that might be helpful in showing how many there are.
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I heard the update from the dev about how they weren't able to update servers because of problems sourcing hardware. They said hopefully this year they'll be able to update the hardware. I sure hope so. It's badly needed. But yes, it seems like there is issue firing off skills and yes, they definitely need to fix heavy attacks from lighting staffs (possibly others like resto as well) since you can't end the attack early and many times you have to keep pressing the trigger over and over again to get the attacks to continue where in the past you didn't have to.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...
    I thought I was doing AC properly, but I notice in Combat Metrics, my skill shows up a lot more than my LA.

Read AlCasts thread - latency?
    Or am doing this wrong?
    Or is the LA working, but not being recorded?

Question - will combat metrics record ALL my LAs? (is it accurate)
    Question - is AC handled different for keyboard vs controller?

Tanks!

Z

• Vig0rz
    Vig0rz
    ✭✭
    Doesn't seem like they will ever revert it. There was an old forums post that had a poll where 80%+ of the voters wanted it reverted back. They still ended up doubling down and added even more cast times and removed more animation canceling. Once they make a change they never go back on it.
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Hmmm...
    I thought I was doing AC properly, but I notice in Combat Metrics, my skill shows up a lot more than my LA.

Read AlCasts thread - latency?
    Or am doing this wrong?
    Or is the LA working, but not being recorded?

Question - will combat metrics record ALL my LAs? (is it accurate)
    Question - is AC handled different for keyboard vs controller?

Tanks!

Z

Whats happening is this...

The game queues up attacks in a very tiny preload after you hit them if you already have another action going (hitting light attack right after an ability)... but if you hit that light attack too soon and then hit an ability again, the system will register that you didnt wait 1 second between light attacks and cancel it, but the ability you hit after the light goes through the 1 second check and passes... desync makes this even worse.

So in short, no your light attack is not working if youre spamming it too fast or using a macro that is timed too fast
    Former Emperor
    Animus Impetum -DC- Magplar
    Animus Impetus -AD- Magplar
    Impetus Animus -EP- Magplar
    Kryptonite Kent -AD- Stamblade
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc