Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase—January 2022"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
vcq8miy7p4b7.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for "Crown Store Showcase—January 2022"

The Oblivion vaults have opened, revealing items of power along with exotic treasures stolen from across various realms. Are you brave enough to claim these treasures for yourself?
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was really hoping the gloam wolf mount would make a return for Daedric Wars. I guess I'll settle for the indrik
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remathilis wrote: »
    I was really hoping the gloam wolf mount would make a return for Daedric Wars. I guess I'll settle for the indrik

Same. I've been waiting for years for the Gloam Wolf to make a return to no avail. Its one of the only Nocturnal-related things I don't have to finish off my collection.

Upsetti since we've seen some gem exclusives return in previous years, including the Gloam pup in one of the more recent crate seasons, but not this one I guess :expressionless:

Maybe ZoS could consider bringing it back in early February?
    Edited by thegreatme on January 3, 2022 5:04PM
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • ive_wonder
    ive_wonder
    ✭✭✭
    Holup, so there will be Daedric Wars Celebration, but Colossal Aldmeri Grotto house won't be on the store? Any chance it will be announced in the post about the celebration itself?
    Out of all houses that weren't in shop in 2021, that one is the perfect fit!
    Edited by ive_wonder on January 3, 2022 5:08PM
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. I was hoping for the Fargrave Guardian motif and the Ossa Accentium house, but the factotum assistants look cool.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So no january mayhem...?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Nocturnal Indrik is lovely and I do hope that it will be available for Crowns! I would also consider purchasing the Evergloam Champion outfit style except that it unfortunately exemplifies the frequent problem of floating tassets. We need hide shoulders and hide tassets options! 🥺

The Meridia statue is really lovely and I’ve been quite glad I bought one last time! <3

I’m glad to see the Psijic crates return too — at last I shall have my Skein Spider! :blush:

Do Monster Helm styles have a chance of dropping from the dungeon boss only while the shoulder style is available? I’ve never gone after one before but the Baron Zaudrus helm is the BEST MONSTER HELM STYLE EVER!!! Please make more like this! 😁
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS, please - make buying another merchant or banker cheaper. With 5k crowns I pay mostly for functionality and that was acceptable price for it. But now I have this functions, so I will never, ever pay another 5k crowns just for new skin of functionality already owned! It's just not worth it.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping to spend my crowns on the Annihilarch's Chosen set but it seems January for me is going to be an easy skip.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thetys Ramarys of Balmora says, "I love our Bitter Coast Striders, but feel bad that they can't fly very well. So I'm selectively breeding them into a strain that, one day, will dominate the Vvardenfell skies, pursuing its prey for great distances!"

Now, we know who to blame!
    morrowind-cliff.gif
  • Sawbones194
    Sawbones194
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how much the Forgemaster Falls will cost?
  • ive_wonder
    ive_wonder
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how much the Forgemaster Falls will cost?

6200 / 7800 crowns if nothing changes.
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was hoping for Ossa Accentium also - saving my crowns again I suppose.

New merchant and banker skins at the same price as the originals, with no upgraded service features ? That's a hard pass.

ESO Plus was originally advertised with a monthly free item...Current item appeared in November, next item will last until mid-February - seems 12 a year is becoming 8 per year ? A disappointing choice by whomever responsible for that one; slow erosion of trust and respect only ends in a collapse unless firmly and fully rectified.

• NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never really been a huge fan of Crown Store 'carrots' tbqh. Conversely, i am enjoying playing the actual GAME very very much. (still here $ubbed ESO+ since 2013 B) )

Personally, i wish @ZOS_ would take half the monthly Crown Store re-tread items OUT of such a consumer UN-friendly business-model and instead start incorporating them (including Crates) as more rewards from in-game QUESTS.

Or better yet, turn them into schematics/motifs and make them player craftable & discoverable...from 'leads' or 'dailys'...that only ESO+ subscribers could acquire. Would be an interesting experiment imo , for 2022, to see whether or not monthly profits increased just as much (or more) .
    Edited by NeeScrolls on January 4, 2022 10:13AM
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pleaaaase ZOS, release the Silver Rose motif next month. 🥺
    I've been waiting since Waking Flame dropped and I even had my fingers crossed it'd be this month.
    🌟PC/NA CP2000+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1& +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Dro'Vashpar the Corrupted / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

New merchant and banker skins at the same price as the originals, with no upgraded service features ? That's a hard pass.

ESO Plus was originally advertised with a monthly free item...Current item appeared in November, next item will last until mid-February - seems 12 a year is becoming 8 per year ? A disappointing choice by whomever responsible for that one; slow erosion of trust and respect only ends in a collapse unless firmly and fully rectified.

The paintings count as larger than the statuettes. I’m not saying I agree with that or not, but that seems to me to be the intent. I like the variety, but I would really like to see something like a voucher system, where you get two every month that you log in with ESO+ and then you could use it on any of the stauettes or paintings, with them costing 2 and 3 vouchers each or something to that effect. :)

I do agree with what others have posted; it would be great if once you bought one banker/merchant, you could get additional for maybe 1000 Crowns each since you would not be paying for any additional functionality. Fortunately for me, the Khajiit assistants were available when I started playing and they are the ones I would choose if I can only have one set anyway! =3
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no january mayhem...?
    I kinda hope so. PvP is kinda unplayable at the moment...
  • ColoniaCroisant
    ColoniaCroisant
    ✭✭✭
    Why such a long delay on Baron Zaudrus arms pack going live January 19th, when Mighty Chudan ends this week? @ZOS_GinaBruno can you confirm if this is an accurate date?
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So yet another pair of banker/merchants which are not the imperial and altmer ones that was datamined years ago. Great.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All. Thanks for some of the feedback and comments on things you like in this crown crate and things you would like to see. We've passed suggestions to our crown store team for consideration in the future.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All. Thanks for some of the feedback and comments on things you like in this crown crate and things you would like to see. We've passed suggestions to our crown store team for consideration in the future.

Can you please pass along feedback to that team to leave more things in the store permantently? It's frustrating that so much content is time-gated, they're leaving money on the table. Case in point, Bastian's hair - why was that temporary?
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PSA: the Shrike Nocturnal robe looks terrible. It’s like a shiny, loose plastic bag.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whats going off with the Ossa Accentium,im suprisied its up this mounth.
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year the Markarth house (Q4 2020) wasn't released until March.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree with you regarding the ESO+ "monthly selection" (to use their term) becoming "not so monthly selection." Of course, it was never a "selection" in the first place. I disagree that it's because the painting is larger (as someone else suggested), as we got a Lleyawiin painting around Blackwood's launch that was only up for a month. They have slowly backpedaled on some of the "new" benefits they added a few years ago. I suspect they just don't want to think about ESO+ much, since they've got to concentrate on what to give the crate gamblers. It would be great to have some variety - things other than housing items. I'd also like to see some exclusive items to purchase and/or discounts on new items (not just returning items or the 15-pack crown crate).

As for the new banker/merchant, it'd be great if they were cheaper, but it's not any different than all the mount re-skins. Mounts serve a function just as the assistants do, and yet players have no problem paying over and over again for various re-skins (even gambling for them) when the function is no different from the level-up mount or the few mounts you can purchase with gold in game.

As for the showcase itself, this is the first month in a LONG TIME that I've been interested in purchasing a few things. There have been gems here and there, but there are quite a few items of interest to me in this month's showcase.

Oh...and as for the Whitestrake Mayhem celebration, I'm guessing that will be next month. Last year saw a reduction in the number of events per quarter from 4 to three, so I'm guessing we'll get that event next month.
  • BulletMagnetX
    BulletMagnetX
    ✭✭✭
    I love the new Kagouti to add to my growing collection of tusked monstrosities. I will have them all.

But another event featuring Clockwork City and the OG Nix-Ox Fabricant once again fails to return.

That's cold, Zen. That's real cold.
    Molag's balls!
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA: the Shrike Nocturnal robe looks terrible. It’s like a shiny, loose plastic bag.

lol Remember the movie Garden State, where she gives them the garbage bags to use against the rain?? Pretty much that.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • swook33b16_ESO
    swook33b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thx for the Rueful Axe Zenimax.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    Can you please take a look at the Crafting Motif: Crimson Oath.
    The drop in The Dread Cellar dungeon is bugged or has a not intended cooldown.
    We did 3x HM yesterday. First run all four got a page, next runs nobody (some on different chars).
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    #BuffSam
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really dont like the idea of buying extra copies of assistants like merchant or banker, but i also REALLY like clockwork/dwemer style stuff so i *may* be tempted to purchase the factotum assistants

there are so few really nice clockwork/dwemer things that come from the crown store that i usually tend to get them if the cost is reasonable

as a matter of fact why do we not have any actual spider mounts if they have to be an animal (the nix-ox mounts are the closest we have and i dont like those)

you know what would make a good mount, one of those daedric worms (like the "unmaker" WB in deadlands)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Be nice for the Trappings of Mephala Worship Furnishing Pack to come back next month for the Daedric war celebration.

Stay safe,😷