Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Today AD gets 408 pts/hr. while having emp and holding all but 2 keeps

AJones43865
AJones43865
✭✭✭✭
Seriously ZOS, you REALLY, REALLY need to revisit the low pop bonus algorithm with such radically low population caps. It's not working properly with such low population caps and it's creating a shocking degree of toxicity from people trying to make up for the broken system.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_RichLambert
Edited by ZOS_Chiroptera on December 27, 2021 2:44PM
  • Troll92
    Troll92
    ✭✭
    Incoming "BuT iT gIvEs uNpOpUlAr FaCtIoNs A wAy To Be CoMpEtItIvE"
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Six out of the last 7 days the scoreboard faction rankings have changed due to low pop bonus. One of the factions is moving up the scoreboard, and threatening to move into first place using little more than low pop bonus and a handful of sweaty players.

This is ridiculous. Just eliminate the low pop bonus if factions are going to be rewarded with a first place finish for not playing.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably because people log out once their faction owns the map. Nothing else to do, really, but stand around in the enemy’s home keeps and wait for them to show up.

Or it could be that the mass disconnects from lag and bugs affects the highest population the most, thereby removing large chunks of players and skewing the bonus algorithm.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Several knowledgeable players have said the low pop bonus is based off the previous 3 hours. This would explain why it does nothing for the low pop faction while they're getting stomped, but then will activate and persist as the next time zone logs in, leading to absurd scenarios like the one OP mentioned. This does a good job of rigging the scoreboard to stay close, yet makes it no less miserable to be hopelessly outnumbered and gate camped.

The score itself isn't really the problem, it's the 12-16 hours per day of lopsided non-fights, and a reward system that continues give tons of faction points and personal AP for rolling empty maps. It should also be noted that if a faction holds no objectives at all, their score will still be 0 even with the low pop bonus. This system actually incentivizes gate camping your enemies until they have 0 points as the best way to build a scoring lead.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • baselinestun
    baselinestun
    ✭✭
    this happened again last night after the usual hours of AD having the highest pop and pvdooring the map, managed a 450 or so low pop tick out of nowhere, there's obviously some kind of bug or exploit going on
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform an campaign?
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This system of low pop bonus is completely broken, but ZOS seems not to care.

I have personally observed a full or 3 bar pop AD, for 3 hours, get this low pop bonus when they were still 3 bars.

So the theroy that there is some "complex" "genius level" mathematical formula to determine when a faction gets a bonus-- is wrong.

ZOS is basically padding the score to make it look close-- the worst form of cheating-- if this were a professional sport or even professional gaming they would be disqualified and banned.

If I'm rong I would like to see a post where ZOS has explained how this works-- it is broken--
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • baselinestun
    baselinestun
    ✭✭
    just happened again, AD has been highest pop for about 3 hours with the usual off peak zerg when 2 mins before eval just after pvdooring an ep scroll they gained low pop for a near 400 eval tick, in each instance of this ad has NOT been low population for hours(or the whole day) before hand to possibly trigger the buff so something else is going on :*
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something is not right. AD have been getting low pop all day long the past couple days while locked. It will drop off but seems to then pop back up again a couple hours later
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The worst part is it does nothing to help the players who are being rolled by twice their numbers, since it doesn't kick in until a few hours later when the next time zone logs in, at which point we get wacky scenarios like pop-locked primetime AD with a login queue and also a low pop bonus. It does a great job of rigging the score to be close though!
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just happened again, AD has been highest pop for about 3 hours with the usual off peak zerg when 2 mins before eval just after pvdooring an ep scroll they gained low pop for a near 400 eval tick, in each instance of this ad has NOT been low population for hours(or the whole day) before hand to possibly trigger the buff so something else is going on :*

I saw that happen to with AD on the PC NA Grey Host campaign. Was on the final day when DC was in the lead by a thousand or so points and AD was capping everything, Emping, taking our scrolls, and then suddenly they get the low pop bonus as the only pop locked faction...
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

I saw that happen to with AD on the PC NA Grey Host campaign. Was on the final day when DC was in the lead by a thousand or so points and AD was capping everything, Emping, taking our scrolls, and then suddenly they get the low pop bonus as the only pop locked faction...

The people who were making that happen for AD have switched to DC this campaign.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The people who were making that happen for AD have switched to DC this campaign.

..... Well that sucks. I like playing with honest people over dishonest ones.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd rather not have that DC but I am curious how what I presume to be a small group of players can accomplish this. If I see it, I will report it
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »

I'd rather not have that DC but I am curious how what I presume to be a small group of players can accomplish this. If I see it, I will report it

It really is only about 5-8 people doing this, plus a few others that tag along sometimes. They are able to do what they do because there is almost nobody else on when they flip the whole map. I don't like them in the least, they are obnoxious trolls, but I don't think they are cheating. They're just able to control the whole campaign because pop caps are so low and years of horrible performance have run most of everyone out of cyrodiil. We'll see if it's DC this campaign that gets the low pop bonuses or not like AD did last campaign.
  • Kamchuk
    Kamchuk
    ✭✭✭
    If this is true – that certain people are exploiting a flaw in the low pop bonus scoring system, then you need to report them. These people are a malignant cancer to this game. The same reason that we moved from a trusted client to a server side with all the issues that brings, is because of people like this. The majority of people who play Greyhost are there for the strategy/tactics involved in WINNING the campaign. It is a game that is NOT about the rewards at the end, (we are all millionaires and have all the best golded gear already), it is entirely about winning via the score. If we didn’t care about the score we would be playing the other campaigns where the score doesn’t matter. These people are destroying that. If you see something – Say Something. Does ZOS care – I think YES THEY DO. They are obtaining new hardware for their servers to try to fix performance. That is a huge investment. Now is a bad time to be losing paying customers due to “cheaters”.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kamchuk wrote: »
    If this is true – that certain people are exploiting a flaw in the low pop bonus scoring system, then you need to report them. These people are a malignant cancer to this game. The same reason that we moved from a trusted client to a server side with all the issues that brings, is because of people like this. The majority of people who play Greyhost are there for the strategy/tactics involved in WINNING the campaign. It is a game that is NOT about the rewards at the end, (we are all millionaires and have all the best golded gear already), it is entirely about winning via the score. If we didn’t care about the score we would be playing the other campaigns where the score doesn’t matter. These people are destroying that. If you see something – Say Something. Does ZOS care – I think YES THEY DO. They are obtaining new hardware for their servers to try to fix performance. That is a huge investment. Now is a bad time to be losing paying customers due to “cheaters”.

I will disagree... as a DC player I gave up caring about the score long ago. My friends and I just go out to have fun mixing it up and to earn some AP. The nice thing about losing is, there are generally tons of opportunities to make AP. And quite honestly, since I am never playing when the campaign ends, I have no clue who won anyways, since I have never figured out how to check it afterwards unless gold jewelry shows up, which pretty much never happens when you play DC.

As for the low pop bonus, however they calculate that, it is trash. Been on so many times so greatly outnumbered and seeing the high pop winning faction getting a bonus, its stupid, and its not like DC had huge numbers on earlier that day either, yet we rarely see a LP Bonus and when we do, it only lasts a short while.
    Edited by Kwoung on December 23, 2021 2:52PM
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

I will disagree... as a DC player I gave up caring about the score long ago. My friends and I just go out to have fun mixing it up and to earn some AP. The nice thing about losing is, there are generally tons of opportunities to make AP. And quite honestly, since I am never playing when the campaign ends, I have no clue who won anyways, since I have never figured out how to check it afterwards unless gold jewelry shows up, which pretty much never happens when you play DC.

As for the low pop bonus, however they calculate that, it is trash. Been on so many times so greatly outnumbered and seeing the high pop winning faction getting a bonus, its stupid, and its not like DC had huge numbers on earlier that day either, yet we rarely see a LP Bonus and when we do, it only lasts a short while.

On PC NA Greyhost, DC won last campaign largely on the back of the low pop bonus. DC had the fewest players and the least amount of property on average over the campaign, but consistently got low pop bonus for at least 3-5 hours every day, and won the campaign as a result.
    Edited by AJones43865 on December 23, 2021 4:11PM
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

On PC NA Greyhost, DC won last campaign largely on the back of the low pop bonus. DC had the fewest players and the least amount of property on average over the campaign, but consistently got low pop bonus for at least 3-5 hours every day, and won the campaign as a result.

That is pretty much to my point, neither I nor any of my friends had the slightest clue we won. Also, are you sure... because none of us got the gold jewelry rewards last campaign. Which generally means one of the other factions pulled ahead at the last minute as usually happens.
    Edited by Kwoung on December 24, 2021 4:26PM
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭

That is pretty much to my point, neither I nor any of my friends had the slightest clue we won. Also, are you sure... because none of us got the gold jewelry rewards last campaign. Which generally means one of the other factions pulled ahead at the last minute as usually happens.

With pop caps this low if you aren't in the top 10 or close to it you won't get gold jewelry. However, I also was not on for the end of last campaign. I was told DC won, but I could be wrong. Either way, I am basing my statement on the fact that during the time slot that I PvP, most days, for the entire duration of guild raid, DC had a significant force online and held property while also getting low pop bonus. That is 8-10am EST. DV runs a large raid at this time yet also enjoyed low pop bonus at the same time.

The trend appears to have changed for this campaign too. I don't see this happening this campaign.
    Edited by AJones43865 on December 24, 2021 4:50PM
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

With pop caps this low if you aren't in the top 10 or close to it you won't get gold jewelry. However, I also was not on for the end of last campaign. I was told DC won, but I could be wrong. Either way, I am basing my statement on the fact that during the time slot that I PvP, most days, for the entire duration of guild raid, DC had a significant force online and held property while also getting low pop bonus. That is 8-10am EST. DV runs a large raid at this time yet also enjoyed low pop bonus at the same time.

The trend appears to have changed for this campaign too. I don't see this happening this campaign.

Ahh ok. Yeah, I generally play Thur/Fri prime time lately myself... and while DC showed as pop-locked the entire time, there was zero queue time and while we did run into some other DC players on occasion, we kinda felt like we were the only DC on the map for most of the time, since pretty much anything that lit up, was our doing. Ugh... PVP has gotten so messed up. :(
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to be in the top 2% to get gold jewelry. Generally, if you are in the top 80-100 players of your faction, you will qualify.

Edited by Jaraal on April 10, 2023 12:52AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.