The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The Camera & control glitch is getting worse, again.

Telel
Telel
✭✭✭✭✭
For those unfamiliar with what I am about to discuss I will try to explain it as succinctly as possible.

There is a glitch that occurs amongst some players now and then. A glitch that has existed in an on again/off again manner since the release of Imperial city. Which is to say sometimes it gets fixed only to turn up some months later. Unlike the stuck in combat bug which still exists....

This glitch locks several functions of controls and input. This can be your camera, your direction keys, skill buttons, or even keys such as CTRL and ALT. Sometimes you can fix it by doing a /reloadui. Sometimes that only partially fixes it, or you need to try several times. In extreme cases I've had to reset my entire rig.

Further the issue causes problems with other windows you may have open. Preventing you from doing things like managing discord channels, copy pasting information from a notecard, or even activating task manager to shut things down.

In the past it's usually merely been an issue of my camera and direction keys becoming locked. Causing me to only be able to go back and forward, with a bit of side to side strafing. Needless to say this is not something I welcome while getting fengrushed by blue PVdoorlords.

And I do mention blue pvdoorlords because it has happened the most while handling players on Dagerfall toons. Further it occurs even when the servers are behaving relatively stably. Though it also occurs now and then when the bot trains of blobtatos come in to DOS everyone with their 'skills'. So it does NOT only occur during periods of intense server crashing shenanigans.

Now to my problem.

On Tuesday during my three hours of trying to PVP this glitch occurred no less than three times. The first time was especially heinous as it somehow caused my ALT key to become permanently enabled and I kept opening my discord overlay everytime I used any of my 1 keys on either my keyboard or mouse. I had tab out and struggle to disable discord overlay just so I could employ a skill against opponent who already had a numbers advantage. I was also unable to use my 4 key at all, and could not create a discord invite or even copy paste a pre made one from my notepad.

I finally had to manually reset my computer. Upon returning to the game everything worked fine until a fight against a red bot train, and a blue blob at Roebeck. Then the glitch occurred twice. Both times requiring me to /reloadui, and rendering some of my skill keys useless.

All while a bot train roamed around crowd controlling people out of LOS, and the game failing to permit us to break free in a timely manner.

Which was all recorded on twitch.

Now as I have said I've been running into this issue for some time now. It's come and gone several times through the game's life. But this latest resurgence of it has become worse than previous ones. Especially as it frequently occurs when dealing with players who are notorious for their..unsporting views on competition and good fights. Thus making it far more difficult, if not impossible, to deal with them on anything approaching a reasonable playing field.

Sadly I can not confirm a reason behind this problem. Is it an issue in ESO itself? An exploit being abused by certain toxic players? Super hackers intercepting my 'carrier signals' and annoying me with cyberpunk style cybershenanigangs? I would even love to learn that it is a specific issue caused by the interaction of certain software not playing well together. Sadly I do not know.

All i know is that in the last week it has become far more frequent, and far more troublesome than it has in the past. To the point where it's almost not worth being one of the few people willing to lead a PUG at a time when your team is notoriously outnumbered.

Has anyone else run into this pesky issue with any frequency? If so, have you found out a reason and or a potential solution?
Edited by Telel on December 23, 2021 4:04AM
Character: Telel
Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have honestly never experienced this.. and it sounds a lot more like you have Windows Sticky keys turned on, more than a game issue. I would check that and make sure you have it disabled.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    I have honestly never experienced this.. and it sounds a lot more like you have Windows Sticky keys turned on, more than a game issue. I would check that and make sure you have it disabled.

They're disabled. One of the first things I did when this problem began popping up again about a year and a half ago.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.