The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Heartwood and Nickel

caindele
caindele
✭✭
Yes..the perennial problem of the extremely low drop rates on Heartwood and Nickel. If we can't get an increase, how about reducing the number of items needed for the New Life Writs? It just turns it into a job of farming for materials just to complete a writ that doesn't give all that much. I guess I can just skip them, but the drop rate could really be increased a bit without ruining the game.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nickel you can buy from blacksmiths, no need to hunt for it.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Nickel you can buy from blacksmiths, no need to hunt for it.

Yep. All basic crafting style mats including Nickel are available from NPCs for like 15 gold each.

All the recipes needed for New Life writs are also available on NPCs for cheap.
    PC NA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can get nickel from deconning the Imperial gear that drops from Blackwood now too.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're doing the writs just for the one voucher, then no, they aren't really worth doing. Though if you're working on getting the skin, then do the ones that don't require heartwood.

I think these writs are already fairly cheap to buy, so you can buy a few that are easier to complete - like ones that require the blacksmithing material (which I'm totally blanking on right now).

I believe that these completed writs also give you a style page (it's been at least two years since I've done any of them), but you should be able to buy what you don't have from the traders.

Or, you could always buy some mats from traders, though players have traditionally inflated the prices during this event.