Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

The ESO Team Would Like to Send You a Special Gift – Info Requested! Potential scam? Thoughts?

Zazariz
Zazariz
✭✭✭
Came from the e-mail: The Elder Scrolls Online Team <teso_help@mailmw.custhelp.com>

Body of the e-mail itself

Greetings,

As a special thank you for being an important part of the ESO community, we'd like to send you a gift in the mail! To do so, we'll need the following information from you:

• Full Name:

• Full Mailing Address:

• Phone Number:

We will not save this information or use it for any purpose other than to send you this gift.

Please reply directly to this email with the information above by Wednesday, December 22nd, so we can ensure you'll receive your free gift!

We understand this email may seem suspicious, so feel free to reach out to us at community@elderscrollsonline.com or PM ZOS_GinaBruno on the ESO forums with any questions!

I have no clue if this is real or not. I assume it is a scam e-mail, especially with as little information as I can find about it. I like how it calls itself suspicious though. Checked the forums and found one other post from 2018. Interestingly enough, the other forum post had an in-game mail as well which I did not receive. Any one have any knowledge or thoughts they can share on this? Would love to see an admin assist if possible as this is.... If this is fake, it is GOING to trick folks I am sure.
What do you mean butter?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I received the exact same email, with the same reply address, on 12/12/2017. It was 100% legit. I replied and they sent me a gift in the mail.
    PC EU
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi @Zazariz. That email is legit. Totally understand the uncertainty there. Make sure to get that info in ASAP! Thanks for checking in.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    I got one too but because i did not trust it i deleted the mail. :neutral:
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.