Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Daedra dislike other Daedra? Where do Vampires and Hircine/Werewolves fit into all this?

moleculardrugs
moleculardrugs
✭✭✭✭
Blackwood and Fargrave has opened up my eyes to a lot of quirks and personalities of some Daedra. For example, and this is a Fargrave spoiler but not really because you won't know what I'm talking about until you're at the Watcher's house.

Lyranth hates Watchers! :smiley: she even refers to them as "things." Well, she also hates Flesh Atronachs too from ICP. It's interesting that she has a soft side for mortals even though she constantly tries to make it seem like she doesn't care much for them.

In the Outlaws Refuge in Deshaan, there is a merchant Scamp that goes by the name of Creeper. It's sort of cute in a scamp-kinda-way. In a dungeon somewhere in the Deadlands, you'll find a journal written by a dead Scamp (who is now probably floating around in the Azure Plasm waiting to reform again) that details his lonely and short life. It made me feel sorry for him, but only for like a minute because I realized he was just a Scamp and they Daedra don't technically die... it's just cool to see some Scamps burn down entire villages, while some will help sell wares in a shop :p

I get that Mephala and Dagon constantly fight each other in Blackwood for power, but I have never really heard Dagon mention anything about Hircine or even Malacath. Even so, is Mephala more of a real threat to the more infamous Daedric Princes versus say Malacath or even Hermaeus Mora? It seems like Malacath is not a threat, even though Orcs worship him and the player can choose the race of an Orc, which essentially means that the player/Hero of the story is dangerous to Daedric Princes' power struggles. There was a lorebook I read that stated that Malacath (and Sheogorath) were the weaker of the Daedric Princes (written from the prespective of a Dunmer and the book focused on how Daedra spiritually tests the Dark Elves). It seems like although many Daedric Princes want power, they leave Hircine alone.

Lyranth also states that Daedric Princes will hire out Dagon's soldiers at his keep for "impossible" missions, which makes me wonder if werewolves after they die will also help Hircine in some way or if they will just spend the rest of eternity hunting Wispmothers who want out of Hircine's realm.

I don't know if it has been corrected, but as a Stage 4 Vamp, I could not speak to Daedra in Fargrave. They refused service to me, which I found strange because Molag Bal created Vampires... which makes me assume that turning into a werewolf is somehow also illegal in Oblivion...
Edited by moleculardrugs on November 15, 2021 1:28PM
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Molag Bal may have started it, but he didn't create all of the vampire clans. Any player vampire was created by Lamae Bal and is of that "bloodline". So it would make sense that daedra in Molag Bal's land wouldn't like your vampire.

As for Hircine, they're all about survival of the fittest. If different Wolf packs fight over territory, so be it. The strong will survive.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some vampires are made alchemically as well as werewolves.

Honestly, they probably see them as little more than gifted dangerous mortals. Even vampires are not truly immortal which was the main point behind Rada al-Saran's plan last year. To make his whole clan truly immortal like the Daedra. Had he succeeded I'm sure that'd change a lot of Daedra's opinions for good or worse.

And for why the Daedra won't talk to you at stage 4.... Imagine a mortal that's given into their beastial nature that's mentally insane from the blood craze, looks like a corpse, and has lost it completely. Would you be willing to take a gamble with communicating with them? Would it be worth your time or the time to reform should they kill you? My answer is no.

As for the guards going after you, while the Scripture doesn't apply to mortals the last thing they need is a dangerous beast or parasite terrorizing the city.
    Edited by Vevvev on November 15, 2021 6:33PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always pondered that question. Don't vampires and werewolves at least count as half-daedra? Let alone the vestige who, literally, is made of the same stuff as daedra themselves.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is in fact, something Zenimax did, to explain that. In addition to their answer their questions thing for their website they also did a twitter version of that, where they answered fan questions.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/General:ESO_Twitter_Lyranth_Roleplay
    The Answer was this.
    Lyranth: Mongrel beasts and blood-sucking leeches. At least, that's how the Daedric sage Rrvenk described them to me. Have I even met such a creature? Perhaps, but I must confess that one mortal looks like any other to me.
    Lyranth: A little more fur and perhaps some fangs doesn't really change your pathetic disposition enough to warrant a deeper inspection. No offense intended.

The basic idea is the Daedra, see them just like any mortal out there, as the conditions don't change the fact you are a mortal being. Vampirism all it does is like halt the aging process it doesn't mean you cannot die. Also Morrowind era lore, from a worshiper of Molag Bal does go into Molag Bal's view point on vampires.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Derar_Hlervu
    (If you are a vampire) "If the lord Molag Bal wishes to help you, he will. He has no greater love for your kind than any other."

Though this npc also implies that vampires were not originally of Molag Bal's making implying there may have been vampires before Lamae. But the thing is, it does seem like Daedra, maybe even Molag Bal, don't see vampires as being anything other then mortals with a affliction and Molag Bal doesn't have any special love for them. To them it likely doesn't change the disposition that is mortality. It also makes sense this is why Daedra always call vampires under the term mortals. Because to a Daedra that is what they are.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on December 12, 2021 12:57AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • ColovianHastur
    ColovianHastur
    ✭✭✭
    It seems like Malacath is not a threat, even though Orcs worship him and the player can choose the race of an Orc, which essentially means that the player/Hero of the story is dangerous to Daedric Princes' power struggles. There was a lorebook I read that stated that Malacath (and Sheogorath) were the weaker of the Daedric Princes (written from the prespective of a Dunmer and the book focused on how Daedra spiritually tests the Dark Elves). It seems like although many Daedric Princes want power, they leave Hircine alone.

That Malacath is one of the weaker princes is a Dunmeri claim with no basis whatsoever. It's simply a part of their religious dogma.

Azura herself counts Malacath amongst the most powerful of the Daedric Princes.
    Edited by ColovianHastur on December 16, 2021 7:06PM
  • Tacit_Knowledge
    Tacit_Knowledge
    Soul Shriven
    I remember seeing a question somewhere that asked why the main character can use Daedric weapons for a good use or even against Daedra themselves. You would think if the Daedra are trying to reign over mortals that they'd make it impossible to wield their own power against them. The only thing I can think of in terms of using daedric weapons for good is that the daedra are trying to trick you into siding with them by allowing you to do good things with their relics and weapons. By allowing the hero or main character to save an innocent civilian by using Daedric power, mortals can be easily swayed into worshipping Daedric powers. I don't know why you can fight Daedra with Daedra relics though. That's how things were in the Skyrim game at least. If the Daedra are fine with you using their own powers against them, then I guess they secretly do not care about winning or reigning over anything or anyone. Everything they do is simply just out of impulse or amusement, and pretending to want power is just one of the things they do for fun.