The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Why Not More Opportunities for Double AP?

Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
With all of the annual double XP events in game (Explorer's Celebration, Jester's Festival, New Life, Witches), why do we only get Whitestrake's Mayhem once or twice a year? Seems to me like there should be a bit more parity in leveling opportunities through double XP/AP events.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They changed that name from midyear because they plan on having it more often.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO

I thought that was about being able to hold it in January (not Mid-year, of course) as well as June/July, have they talked about plans to run it more than twice a year? Quarterly would be nice, in my opinion
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple opinions:

One, the event schedule is pretty full as it is.

Two, there's a very vocal segment of players who greatly dislike having to go to PVP zones in order to get event tickets. More than twice a year, or three if you include the Imperial City/Year One Celebration, is a little much for those folks. I doubt they'd enjoy more Mayhem.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 8, 2021 12:05AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple opinions:

One, the event schedule is pretty full as it is.

Two, there's a very vocal segment of players who greatly dislike having to go to PVP zones in order to get event tickets. More than twice a year, or three if you include the Imperial City/Year One Celebration, is a little much for those folks. I doubt they'd enjoy more Mayhem.

Simple solution, don’t tie it to event tickets. We don’t really want people who don’t want to be in Cyro taking up our limited cap spots anyway. There’s enough crying in zone chat as it is without hearing from people who are “forced” to be there for their tickets.

Edited by Jaraal on December 8, 2021 2:10AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought that was about being able to hold it in January (not Mid-year, of course) as well as June/July, have they talked about plans to run it more than twice a year? Quarterly would be nice, in my opinion

Midyear = every six months, not once in the middle of the year. They changed the name in order to have it more than twice a year.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like all PvP events due to the population it brings
    But the boosting does get ride during double AP events as folks are greedy sooo pros and cons
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP