The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Gifting subscription

snips86x
snips86x
Soul Shriven
Do you have a solution for doing the above?
I can do this in WoW but not ESO, its 2021, why isn't there a mechanism in place to support this?!?!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back before they invented the internet, I used to buy Prepaid ESO Plus time cards (PC) and gift those. These were physical cards that could be purchased at places like Target and Walmart. I have not seen one of those in a very long time, and the last one that I had left over did not work anymore and Customer Support had to do it. For whatever reason, they no longer do this. :disappointed:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    No, we do not offer the option to pay for the membership of another player. We also discourage players from adding their payment method details to an account that they do not own.

Can I gift an ESO Plus membership plan to a friend?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • snips86x
    snips86x
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    No, we do not offer the option to pay for the membership of another player. We also discourage players from adding their payment method details to an account that they do not own.

I mean that is common sense but in WoW, I can choose to buy gametime then gift it to another player. In this case, my partner. Why can't we do it in ESO?!
  • snips86x
    snips86x
    Soul Shriven
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Back before they invented the internet, I used to buy Prepaid ESO Plus time cards (PC) and gift those. These were physical cards that could be purchased at places like Target and Walmart. I have not seen one of those in a very long time, and the last one that I had left over did not work anymore and Customer Support had to do it. For whatever reason, they no longer do this. :disappointed:

Honestly, it's infuriating. It's 2021, this should be standard now. I don't live with my partner and she's on a budget but I want her to join in so I'd like to buy or gift her game time. The fact I can't, as a gamer, it absolutely mind boggling. I genuinly don't think the devs realise how painful this is to not have.

@ZOS_BillE we want a solution where we can gift gametime to other players like most other MMOs of this style. Not excuses, solutions. See above, it's hightly frustraiting.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »

Well certainly I would never give my financial info to another player! But it would be nice if we gift a month of ESO+ safely! :)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP has received an answer to their question, we will now be closing the thread from further discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.