Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

"STADIA" Lockpicking impossible

Lapin_Logic
Lapin_Logic
✭✭✭✭✭
In my attempts to get the "Spaulder of Ruin" I have had to pick locks on safeboxes... the only problem is the latency is so high that it is impossible to pick locks, especially a master chest, how are us paying customers supposed to obtain this item?

Is a redesign of the Lock picking mini game due at any time soon?
  • Lucifer_Sam
    Lucifer_Sam
    ✭✭
    If you're latency is too high to pick a lock just force it. Don't have to worry about latency but you will burn through picks faster.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    You can also try the troubleshooting below to help improve your latency in ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    You can also try the troubleshooting below to help improve your latency in ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online

Thanks for the reply but this is only a problem for me on "Google Stadia" playing on my phone on 5G, Master chests are difficult when playing on PC on a wired connection due to their short time limit, I think the remote play aspect of stadia just adds an extra layer of complexity where I am not actually seeing what the server is seeing on my screen and just keep breaking lock picks.

I got my lead when I was able to return to my PC and spend an hour picking the safe boxes.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible to get your skill up really fast. Look up internet tutorials on grinding "Covetous Countess". You can then force pretty much all locks quickly.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found picking locks on Stadia to be much harder than PS4 at first, but I eventually figured out that I just had to pay attention to different cues (more audio, less vibration) and be really mindful about completely releasing the trigger when the tumbler started to wiggle. Once I did those things, I stopped having problems.

I went through a similar learning experience on the PS4, and switching to Stadia set me back a bunch because it is a little bit different.

(Ultimately, I still mostly play on PS4 because Stadia has some weird graphical artifacts and I have a lot more in-game stuff on PS4.)