The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Skins are getting ridiculous

Lokryn
Lokryn
✭✭✭✭
Don't get me wrong, I love the customization options but this is just silly.

EwIFKUd.jpg
  • Harvokaan
    Harvokaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    We already have much more ridiculous skins in this game, why this one is worse in your opinion?
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harvokaan wrote: »
    We already have much more ridiculous skins in this game, why this one is worse in your opinion?

Maybe because it's literally glitter? I know glitter sells but.... this crown crate is literally pure glitter :D
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't say it was necessarily. I just haven't played in awhile and saw the latest.
    Options
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭

And also, I'm fine if people want these skins. I just think this one is over the top but to each their own.
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make a character named "Nebula" and stand in your Nebula furnishing with this skin on.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • Harvokaan
    Harvokaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lokryn wrote: »

And also, I'm fine if people want these skins. I just think this one is over the top but to each their own.

Well, I guess it will look good on some characters that are purely comical (like big orc in pink dress, most popular out of not-so-immersive looks).
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I guess it will look good on some characters that are purely comical (like big orc in pink dress, most popular out of not-so-immersive looks).

Wait, pink dress? I thought big Orc males preferred to wear white wedding dresses?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Maybe because it's literally glitter? I know glitter sells but.... this crown crate is literally pure glitter :D

Never enough glitter
    giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47v8wye9drpvy0d0eyof5qxv1d8d5fws001akldc0v&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Harvokaan
    Harvokaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Wait, pink dress? I thought big Orc males preferred to wear white wedding dresses?

Depends on cultural preferences, mine orc tank sometimes wear blue bikini when he wants to feel the freedom during the dungeon run
    Options
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this skin is beautiful, personally. I'm just thrilled to have an actual ATTRACTIVE skin and not one with ugly wrinkles like zos is so fond of giving (I hate almost all skins in the game for that reason... they ruin the character's face and body). As for if you find it immersion breaking... that ship has sailed a long time ago. Every batch of crown crates has something flashy in it.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
    Options
  • RicAlmighty
    RicAlmighty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to role play Dr. Manhattan, this is perfect
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me this is one of the tamer ones compared to some of the other skins, but to each their own.

To me this crazier

Kynes-Fury-Skin-Khajiit.jpg?resize=400%2C616&ssl=1

Infernal-Epiderms-naked-1-500x770.jpg?fit=500%2C770&ssl=1

That one that new one just looks like someone partied to hard near the blue dye lol
    Options
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Void Pathosis that doesn't cover the chest? You simply can't use it wearing a dress or something more wide open because it'll look ridiculous.

Or then the fact you can't see your face with Sunspire Fire-Ice and/or Crystalfrost.

Or even that pretty much all "creepy" skins (bloodfiend (?), dremora, spiderkith...) make your character get 50 years older in a click.

I miss high-quality skins like dro-m'Athra and Meridian Purified...
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be happy when I can get black glitter.

SilkyBadAntarcticgiantpetrel-max-1mb.gif
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be entirely fair, I'm also anti-glitter.

[snip]

[Edited for Inappropriate Comment]
    Edited by Psiion on December 9, 2021 1:38AM
    Options
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    This skin is absolutely perfect for AA and Craglorn.
    uwu
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be entirely fair, I'm also anti-glitter.

[snip]

[Edited for Inappropriate Comment]

While I agree, I want the black glitter to live out my fantasy of having a Khajiit be black and rolled in glitter.

18990497e17ae24ed408f6355a3cd036a9-08-glitter-cat.2x.h473.w710.jpg
    Edited by Psiion on December 9, 2021 1:38AM
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather have some costume, style or dye options for sparkles and not my character themselves nor the mount. I agree that most of the skins in the game are over-the-top or ugly or both IMHO. I like most of what I use to look like it belongs in the world of Tamriel — and not as a result of a planemeld or something! :tongue:
    Options
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want basic skins that change the colour with no face markings.

On the flip side…glowing skins would be ace…like moon kissed or something like that :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
    Options
  • DontWorryAboutit
    DontWorryAboutit
    ✭✭✭
    we need more items like this
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We need less items like this
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Charon_on_Vacation
    Charon_on_Vacation
    ✭✭✭✭
    nothing is silly for zos, as long as it sells.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think we need more items like this personally.
    Options
  • Charlotte_Loreley
    Charlotte_Loreley
    ✭✭✭
    Skins in ESO were always ridiculous. I don't know how you can say this one is silly without mentioning all the other weird nonsensical skins that came before.
    And don't get me started on mount skins...

Might as well start adding lolis and wings at this point.
    Options
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Vampires? Vampires in daylight? I guess people can roll play now. :)
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Options
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they just crank out so much stuff...it's hard to keep the quality.

I just wish they would come up with radiant Apex mounts that didn't look like Disco Balls

3931255.jpg

Edited by DagenHawk on December 7, 2021 10:16PM
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

I think we need more items like this personally.

I think we need more items like personalities :p
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on December 7, 2021 11:15PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭

EwIFKUd.jpg

Aravos cosplay, anyone? :D
    tumblr_inline_pn37k6oVta1ta6a0v_1280.png
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm excited for this skin, been saving gems for it.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
    Options
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭

EwIFKUd.jpg

I sort of love this. I have a similar one on my toon.
    Options