Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who builds forts like that?

divnyi
divnyi
✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/49ZUz5pTmjI

Seriously, why didn't they built fortifications on the highest points of the map?
Why is it possible to siege fort from higher point, so it's impossible to counter siege the siege?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there may be a reason why the Imperials have lost so much of their heartland to the Three Alliances so quickly following the collapse of central government and the betrayal of Legion Zero...

Personally, I'm guessing that centuries of the Tharns and other petty nobles shelling out fortification contracts to their friends or the lowest bidder left Cyrodiil's heartland forts in sad shape.

Beyond that, it does make for engaging gameplay when lots of keeps, forts, and castles have "stealth siege" locations.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we used to be able to seige from Much further away. counter seige was much different and hard to do.
    over the years (in stealth) they made seige distance shorter and shorter.
    you can see it very obvious now when we see 2014 launch videos of people seiging compared to todays videos that show seiging.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    we used to be able to seige from Much further away. counter seige was much different and hard to do.

I don't mind bigger ranges on sieges, as long as fort is the highest thing in the siege range.
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost every keep can be sieged from a resource tower I think this is by design, the thing that changed is that the towers are no longer destroyable so there is no counter to 20 people in a tower sieging.

Unless it is the poor EP group that tried it at Faregyl a couple of days ago :wink:
  • Troll92
    Troll92
    ✭✭
    Almost every keep can be sieged from a resource tower I think this is by design, the thing that changed is that the towers are no longer destroyable so there is no counter to 20 people in a tower sieging.

Unless it is the poor EP group that tried it at Faregyl a couple of days ago :wink:

Oh really? I highly doubt it. Off the top of my head i can name only 5: Dragon from farm, Kings from lumber, Bloodymane from mine, Alessia from farm and Aleswell from farm. Let me see you siege Ash, Roebeck, Brindle, Blue Road Keep, Chalman, Black Boot and most other keeps from resource towers. This is just broken and should either be reworked or have sieges not be able to be placed in resource towers. Havong your fort sieged without having a way to defend it is unfair from any faction's point of view. Either give sieges inside keeps longer range buff or rework terrain so it's on even ground for everyone.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll92 wrote: »

Oh really? I highly doubt it. Off the top of my head i can name only 5: Dragon from farm, Kings from lumber, Bloodymane from mine, Alessia from farm and Aleswell from farm. Let me see you siege Ash, Roebeck, Brindle, Blue Road Keep, Chalman, Black Boot and most other keeps from resource towers. This is just broken and should either be reworked or have sieges not be able to be placed in resource towers. Havong your fort sieged without having a way to defend it is unfair from any faction's point of view. Either give sieges inside keeps longer range buff or rework terrain so it's on even ground for everyone.

Chalman has a wall it can be sieged from. Faregyl's got a stealth siege spot and so does Arrius. Aleswell gets double duty with that back wall. Not all the spots are resource towers - on PC, all you need is a spot you can hit the wall without the siege being on the grounds of the Keep, and it won't register on addons like CyroHUD.

Unfortunately, I didn't fight frequently enough at the other keeps you list to remember if they also have "stealth" siege spots. I don't think BRK does, but it's also sensibly built on mostly high terrain.

If the gripe is primarily that you can't countersiege the siegers, it's doubtless to promote attacking instead of endless countersieges like we're playing Batttleship. "Meatbag to D4!"
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Troll92 wrote: »

Chalman has a wall it can be sieged from. Faregyl's got a stealth siege spot and so does Arrius. Aleswell gets double duty with that back wall. Not all the spots are resource towers - on PC, all you need is a spot you can hit the wall without the siege being on the grounds of the Keep, and it won't register on addons like CyroHUD.

Unfortunately, I didn't fight frequently enough at the other keeps you list to remember if they also have "stealth" siege spots. I don't think BRK does, but it's also sensibly built on mostly high terrain.

If the gripe is primarily that you can't countersiege the siegers, it's doubtless to promote attacking instead of endless countersieges like we're playing Batttleship. "Meatbag to D4!"

If you mean the area stairs north of Chal, you can counter hit it from the corner tower.

Warden can be hit from the mine hill, not sure if this is still the case but the number of attacking siege will not show up from there, same for Glade. The outpost Bleaks can also be hit from the high ground on the north side. I haven't check, but you might be able to hit Rayles from the south LM tower. If so, then only the newest DC outpost sits properly on the high ground.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brindle can be sieged from the Lumber mill tower
    Ash can be sieged from mine tower
    Roebeck can be sieged from lumber mill tower
    BRK can be sieged from Mine tower

All AD castles except BB can be sieged from a resource tower - fact

There are some better places for stealth sieging where siege is not in the keeps "area" so the number of siege is not visible.

(I will give you one, behind Bloodmayne )