Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elder Scrolls Online Breathtaking Moments

Mbdelta
Mbdelta
Hey all.

I made this video for YouTube to explain how ESO doesn't seem to have those moments (at least very often) where you see a beautiful vista or something simply "breathtaking." Like I say in the video, I think Skyrim had a lot of these moments and ESO seems to lack in them.

Here's the video. A rating and possibly a subscription is extremely appreciated as I want to raise awareness of this topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NN6xmcfztM&list=UUB4Uq-5-Ce9hWpw-IxwQdLw
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    This is why you don't get those moments nearly as much.

BJguaeil.png

My view distance is set to 100. This is as high as it goes. That one factor completely changes the feel of the game. In Skyrim, pretty much any time you were up somewhere high, the view was breathtaking. Climb any random mountain and you can see for miles.

This isn't to say that the game has bad graphics or anything. If I turn my camera just a bit I get this -

pblPWTdl.jpg

It's very visually pleasing. It just isn't epic like the kind of shots you could get in Skyrim. Again...it seems to me to simply be the fog/view distance that accounts for this.
    Edited by Xithian on April 28, 2014 7:29PM
  • Mbdelta
    Mbdelta
    Xithian wrote: »
    This is why you don't get those moments nearly as much.

BJguaeil.png

My view distance is set to 100. This is as high as it goes. That one factor completely changes the feel of the game. In Skyrim, pretty much any time you were up somewhere high, the view was breathtaking. Climb any random mountain and you can see for miles.

This isn't to say that the game has bad graphics or anything. If I turn my camera just a bit I get this -

pblPWTdl.jpg

It's very visually pleasing. It just isn't epic like the kind of shots you could get in Skyrim. Again...it seems to me to simply be the fog/view distance that accounts for this.
    I couldn't agree more. Although, I doubt any place in ESO (even with greater view distance than Skyrim) could quite compare with some of the majestic views Skyrim has to offer.
  • Mystmare
    Mystmare
    Soul Shriven
    Reason for this:
    ESO has the O in the name = it would require more "power" from your computer, internet and their servers would need more power too. Thats why skyrim has the view.. cuz you're solo on the entire map.
    Edited by Mystmare on April 29, 2014 10:27AM
    Play hard, Go pro
  • TomLowi
    TomLowi
    ✭✭
    I really like this one! Amazing view!!
    4iu5r77pauf4.jpg