The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Are You Going to Get ESO for PS4 or Xbox One?

Cagro
Cagro
✭✭✭
I will probably get it for Xbox One.
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    Why in the world would play a great game on an underpowered system that i would have to then wait another month or two to play? Silly console players, MMO's are for PC's. ;p
    I think you got my answer, i am awaiting Destiny for xbox one however.
  • Mailmann
    Mailmann
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a half bad idea. For anyone who has one of these consoles, it might be the only refuge from bots for quite a while. It would be nice if you could port your character data from the PC version to your console. That way you could continue your adventures on a character you already have free from the madness. ;)
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For many reasons I just can't game on a computer for very long. I was in the last two betas and gave them my full attention for 2.5 days. Physically, I was a wreck so it will be Xbox for me. I am not seriously concerned with anything PC gamers get wrought up about.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • n.englishb14_ESO
    n.englishb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, gonna pick it up on PS4. less hacks, few bots, no addons, and that sexy controller.

@dagnome‌
    thanks for bug testing, this past month and in the future.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as a second (or third) subscription is required, I will remain on the lesser populated PC platform.

I just wish that the consoles and the PCs could share the same world.

What I fear is that the consoles will be more popular and they will dedicate less server resource to the PC and we will eventually be chased off.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as a second (or third) subscription is required, I will remain on the lesser populated PC platform.

I just wish that the consoles and the PCs could share the same world.

What I fear is that the consoles will be more popular and they will dedicate less server resource to the PC and we will eventually be chased off.

Lesser populated?

My concern is that the consoles won't have the populations to sustain the game. The good thing is the megaserver makes this less likely, as it will allow them to run the game even if it only has the population of a single server of another game. They'll just need to reduce the number of PvP Campaigns.

PC's population is likely going to be more than double the population of the two consoles combined.
  • LarZen
    LarZen
    ✭✭✭
    Most likely the PS4 as it's more powerful and should have advantage of better visuals and performance. But I love the XBO controller and the OS on XBO so if the differences are not a issue I might just go for the XBO version.

PC sub is canceled and I am just waiting for the console version to come now. Hoping for a beta invite soon so I and the rest of us can give it a go before launch.
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    dagnome wrote: »
    Why in the world would play a great game on an underpowered system that i would have to then wait another month or two to play? Silly console players, MMO's are for PC's. ;p

A controller and a couch is more comfortable than a keyboard, mouse and desk. Specially for people that work in a computer for long hours. I know you can use a PC controller but is not the same and you will be in a disadvantage against other PC players using keyboard and mouse. With consoles nobody have an advantage because everybody is using the same things, including no add ons. Only games I play in my PC are MMOs. Only reason I bought ESO is because is only real MMO coming to Xbox One. I will probably play Destiny but I fear it will just be an online shooter with light MMO elements.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither. PC is superior.
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on April 29, 2014 12:23PM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    Cagro wrote: »

A controller and a couch is more comfortable than a keyboard, mouse and desk. Specially for people that work in a computer for long hours. I know you can use a PC controller but is not the same and you will be in a disadvantage against other PC players using keyboard and mouse. With consoles nobody have an advantage because everybody is using the same things, including no add ons. Only games I play in my PC are MMOs. Only reason I bought ESO is because is only real MMO coming to Xbox One. I will probably play Destiny but I fear it will just be an online shooter with light MMO elements.

Seen the new trailer?

Destiny will be my console MMO. BTW you can hook up a keyboard and mouse to a xbox which gives you a distinct advantage especially in shooters.
  • Jiub18
    Jiub18
    No.
    "M'aiq thinks his people are beautiful. The Argonian people are beautiful as well. They look better than ever before."
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭
    @OP: Of course NO!
    Cagro wrote: »
    dagnome wrote: »

You must be kidding, right? As if PC player could not play ESO on PC while sitting on couch and using a wireless controller instead of keys and mouse. So yeah, go on trick yourself and keep defending your antiquated point of view for an antiquated piece of hardware. Microscrubs likes!
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    Xbox One for me :)
  • RylukShouja
    RylukShouja
    ✭✭✭
    Neither, for me. I am not concerned about the possibility of PC servers being drained by XBO and PS4. PC has always been the largest single platform for games, and will remain as such for quite some time. A console out of a box just can't compare to a customized system of your own specs and design.

Besides, I didn't spend two grand on a computer just to go play a console. :P