The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please explain how magicka dual wield builds work

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
Alcast just uploaded a video were he uses duel wild magicka, i legit dont understand how thats possible
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Vylaera
    Vylaera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really simple. Hybrid crit bonus from the daggers, and you use elemental weapon as your spammable. I didn't even have to watch the video to know that.
    Vy • lae • ra
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alcast just uploaded a video were he uses duel wild magicka, i legit dont understand how thats possible

Nothing special about it, he uses it for the Twin Blade & Blunt passive.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dual daggers for the critical chance. The bonus from that makes up for the lack of raw damage from using a flame staff. If your class spammable is terrible just use Elemental Weapon as the spammable.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also your light/heavy attacks now scale with your max damage stats. So you don't lose dps by using physical weapons on a magicka character.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passive Skills

Dual Wield Expert
    Increases Weapon Damage and Spell Damage by 6% of off-hand weapon's damage.

Ruffian
    Gives you a 15% damage bonus when attacking stunned, immobilized, disoriented, or silenced enemies.

Twin Blade and Blunt
    Grants a bonus based on the type of weapon equipped: Each axe increases your Critical Damage done by 6%. Each mace increases your Armor Penetration by 1650. Each sword increases your Weapon Damage and Spell Damage by 142. Each dagger increases your Critical Chance rating by 812.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The very idea is to use Class abilities as spammable, then you don't care much about type of weapons you equip.
    At this moment only magicka Sorcerers are missing cheap and fast spammable, so if they choose Force Pulse they have to have staff equipped.
    There are sweeps/jabs for Templars, Dive for Wardens, Whip for DKs, Skull and Blastbones for Necros, and Veiled Strike/Strife for NBs.
    PC EU
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magicka dual wield was pretty popular back in... idunno... 2017 ? That meta has return anyhow.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is great option for Templars and DK. With two Daggers: Nirnhorned + Precise, you can get probably highest possible weapon/spell dmg and 7% extra crit chance. Dmg of LA is scaled with highest resource from Markhart. However, i am not sure about weapon/spell crit chance for LA, but in this patch difference is usually max at 12% for difference between prophecy snd savagery.

Ah, one more thing - remember to activate CP for physical dmg too.

• Elric_665
    Elric_665
    ✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    magicka dual wield was pretty popular back in... idunno... 2017 ? That meta has return anyhow.

Have 2 Mother's Sorrow Golden Dagger in the Bank from that time - have cost a fortune.
    "If it bleeds, we can kill it!"
    Major „Dutch“ Schaefer

PvP nur, wenn es sich absolut nicht vermeiden läßt.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LashanW wrote: »
    Also your light/heavy attacks now scale with your max damage stats. So you don't lose dps by using physical weapons on a magicka character.

is this really true?

I might try a mag sorcerer with dual wield, i wonder if it's a huge dps loss...
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Actually it is a DPS boost as long as you are in melee range. That, however, is the problem in most cases besides parse dummies. You are losing flexibility (= light attacks) in dynamic fights.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭

is this really true?

There's only a dps increase if you can stay melee to your target all the time :)

Example parse,
    3aKEXGg.png
    Build,
    ljfGHCI.png
    Edited by LashanW on November 27, 2021 4:20PM
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/550927/pc-mac-patch-notes-v6-2-5-markarth-update-28
    All Light, Medium, and Heavy Attacks now dynamically scale with your highest offensive stats.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/564242/pc-mac-patch-notes-v6-3-5-flames-of-ambition-dlc-update-29
    Daggers now grant 1.7/3.4% Critical Chance per dagger, rather than 2.5/5% Weapon Critical Chance.

Now U32 made DW light attacks even stronger by hybridizing damage, penetration and crit chance on item sets and armor passives. Back in Markarth patch staves also had their light and heavy attack damage reduced by 10% and this is one the things that killed heavy attack builds. Staff passives are pretty bad for classes that utilize a lot of AoE attacks. Daggers provide universal bonuses and make it easier to stack spell damage, which is also relevant for people who use proc sets.
    perfiction wrote: »
    Ruffian
    Gives you a 15% damage bonus when attacking stunned, immobilized, disoriented, or silenced enemies.
    This is misleading. The complete tooltip says: "While using Dual Wield attacks:". It works only for weapon abilities like active skills + light and heavy attacks. It's irrelevant in boss fights anyway, since nearly all bosses are immune to these status effects.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elric_665 wrote: »
    mocap wrote: »

Have 2 Mother's Sorrow Golden Dagger in the Bank from that time - have cost a fortune.
    I thought it was sword who was used back then?

Has thought about this for my magplar who is melee anyway but not tried it out.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have used them on a magplar (I have also used 2H) for the crit passive, as others have said correctly.
    IMO what you miss in sustain (OFC HA do not regen Magicka) outbalances any crit gain you may get.
    Math and parsing are one thing; actual fight quite another one.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »
    I have used them on a magplar (I have also used 2H) for the crit passive, as others have said correctly.
    IMO what you miss in sustain (OFC HA do not regen Magicka) outbalances any crit gain you may get.
    You will need an staff back bar anyway for wall same as stamina tend to run an bow back bar, you can HA here like tanks do and do ranged spamable. Now this get you into an problem with ability changing weapons and sets.
    You also get problems in high mobility or ranged fights
    With dressing room/ alpha gear you can swap around if not in combat
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

is this really true?

Yeah I may try this on my NB. I'm a stam player who is trying to learn to mag so a hybrid setup could be a nice option.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »

It works for Trial groups that stack well & Dummy humping. Other than that, being a squishy who has to stand in melee range to DPS and has no LA's on ranged attacks is troublesome to say the least.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭

is this really true?

There's only a dps increase if you can stay melee to your target all the time :)

Example parse,
    3aKEXGg.png
    Build,
    ljfGHCI.png

Goood gawd your weaving average is impressive. I got 92k with staves on a sorc and a weave average of .08 something, and roughly 8 missed LAs.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer