The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lets see some numbers... do you prefer Deathmatch or Objective game modes?

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Objectives
    I don't actually prefer any particular game. I'm game for any one of them. I do like objectives though. That said, DM is an objective, but I would not want to constantly get DM just like I would not want to constantly get any other type of match.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Chaosball has the most potential - look at the world's most popular sports.

This has my head spinning...

Football is the most popular sport in the world. 2 teams.

Cricket is the second most popular sport in the world. 2 teams.

Rugby, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, American Football.... 2 teams.

What am I missing here that you see?
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldoss wrote: »
    Chaosball has the most potential - look at the world's most popular sports.

This has my head spinning...

Football is the most popular sport in the world. 2 teams.

Cricket is the second most popular sport in the world. 2 teams.

Rugby, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, American Football.... 2 teams.

What am I missing here that you see?

They all have 1 ball. (Cricket has 1 ball right? I'm an American, I have 0 clue what's going on in that game) Three team Chaosball still has more potential than 3 team Death Match because the 2 stronger teams can't compete to see who farms the weakest team the most quickly, everybody has to compete for the same ball.

The basketball variant Horse can be played with any number of solo player "teams", but there's still only 1 ball.

But yes, you are right, I was just assuming the 3 team paradigm was inflexible. I was just comparing TDM to Chaosball. TDM is superior to the other modes, Chaosball is superior to TDM, at least in their potential for encouraging and demanding a competitive fight.

Edited by Urzigurumash on November 15, 2021 5:54PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Objectives
    I am better at Death Matches, but find them boring. I miss my old objective matches, but haven’t been able to get one in a long, long time. Not a single one…
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Objectives
    So last night I queued for BG and guess which mode popped? DM! And guess what did I do? I dropped! I will soon entirely quit queueing until there's some competence on basic MM.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Objectives
    Selected Objectives as there is no "Random" option.

I prefer to play more than one game type.

If I had to pick favorites: Crazy King, DM, Capture the Relic.

If it were simply just those 3 game modes, it would be pure bliss for me.
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Numbering Mine:
    1 - I like being able to enter a BG without specifically gearing up to blow out the other team.
    2 - I like picking up the 1000 medals daily and being able to complete it in a single BG
    3 - I like that though I’m not the most powerful player on my team (because my life isn’t kill other players) that I can aim for top score by sitting on a flag and protecting it
    4 - I like that in Crazy King it goes from initial kill-fest to a strategic game of advance/defend
    5 - I like that in Capture the Relic you can watch people duke it out while they’ve taken their mind off the objective and you can brilliantly get relics
    6 - I like that my final score is built more off my ingenuity rather than my ability to kill

7 - I DONT like that ZOS has never developed a true solo Deathmatch, without teams, to at least give Deathmatch players some leeway and to remove the overbearing unfairness that is entire coordinated teams against people playing alone

1- you can build for other modes too, lol what? Speedsters, tanks and healers for Chaosball or Block tank builds for Land Grabs are very common. Out of all those builds, only healers are useful for DM
    2- easily done in DM, wut?
    3- "Anyone who's better than me at killing has no life", nice bait mate
    4- Goes from good PvP objective to who's willing to avoid combat the most. Bad PvP, why the majority don't want to play it.
    5- Why it's bad and majority don't want to play it.
    6- Nothing brilliant about that. It's just boring to most people. Why the majority don't want to play it.
    7- Wut? We have solo queues. Good players just play as a team better. Maybe ppl just need to git gud?

Bad PvP modes don't get played by the majority of PvPers. Ez logic to follow.

I and many other PvPers would play the objective more if the best move wasn't turning 180 degrees and running away from combat developing right in front of you the vast majority of the time.

Bad PvP, dead queues. Inexistent choice from devs cuz dead queues look bad on the game.
    Edited by Magio_ on November 17, 2021 10:19PM
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    I prefer Death Match because it is the mode that best encapsulates what BGs was intended for, quick, action packed, small scale PVP. I've seen people make the complaint of " if you want pure PvP just go to Cyrodiil or IC". My internet connection is bad on a good day so that coupled with the persistent lag and performance issues in both of these zones makes it so that it's not even an option for many players.So many PvPers just que for BGs. The same could be said for a lot of people who que for objective modes, "if you don't actually like to engage in combat with other players why do you even que for a PvP activity?"
    Yes, I agree DM can get a little monotonous at times and a little variety would be nice, but the design of the majority of objectives is not PvP engaging:

CHAOSBALL- Usually just turns into a giant DM anyway while you have Speedsters and Werewolves running around in circles, or people with the ball standing in untouchable ledges and corners of the maps.

CAPTURE THE RELIC - Just get a tanky chatacter to stand at the spawn and guard the relic at all times while the other 2 go forth. Or while you and another team are locked in combat over 1 relic the other team sneaks in and steals yours without even a fight.

CAPTURE THE FLAG - Unkillable tank or healer sits at flag spamming heals and block until players give up and move on. There are so many flags that a player can sneak around and get the points and rewards without engaging in any type of player combat.

CRAZY KING - Slightly more PvP engaging at the start of the match as all teams must fight for one flag, but again, as the match continues too many flags spawn and you have the same problem as CtF.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on November 17, 2021 10:18PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The poll will not provide credible numbers. The in-game data Zenimax sees tells the truth.

Also, many players that like objective matches also like DM but not constantly.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Objective modes are great but not in ESO. 4 players per team is way too low.

I'm fine with fewer objective games until they redesign them properly.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on November 21, 2021 4:45PM
    PC NA
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    again to quote ZOS

"First, it’s valuable to note the general feedback on this test was quite polarizing. While there were certainly a lot of players that liked only having Deathmatch available, there were just as many that didn’t enjoy it. A frequent complaint we saw, though, was the disappointment that we removed something that is ultimately at the core of our game: the freedom of choice. And in the case of this test, the data appeared to back that up as well. Although we initially saw a very slight bump in participation, it quickly declined and has left Battleground populations in a fairly unhealthy state."

People clearly want to play objective modes, and it its more 50/50 between DM and other modes. I would poll new players what puts them off PVP, because that's what PVP needs - a healthy growing player base, todays newbie is tomorrows regular vet.

Unfortunately ZOS seems to have forgotten to run their regression test pack (you have them right ZOS...) when the tweaked and broke their random queues, but hopefully that will be addressed soon.
    Edited by _adhyffbjjjf12 on November 21, 2021 4:33PM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deathmatch
    NagualV wrote: »
    Doesnt matter what this poll shows....this poll wont be representative of the truth.

The Devs themselves have said that people BY FAR are queuing into DM.....it has always been the most popular.

Useless poll.

Correct.

If they rework the objective modes to encourage pvp or only have 2 teams, there would be real interest in those.

As it stands, those modes just discourage pvp.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Magio_ wrote: »
    Numbering Mine:
    1 - I like being able to enter a BG without specifically gearing up to blow out the other team.
    2 - I like picking up the 1000 medals daily and being able to complete it in a single BG
    3 - I like that though I’m not the most powerful player on my team (because my life isn’t kill other players) that I can aim for top score by sitting on a flag and protecting it
    4 - I like that in Crazy King it goes from initial kill-fest to a strategic game of advance/defend
    5 - I like that in Capture the Relic you can watch people duke it out while they’ve taken their mind off the objective and you can brilliantly get relics
    6 - I like that my final score is built more off my ingenuity rather than my ability to kill

7 - I DONT like that ZOS has never developed a true solo Deathmatch, without teams, to at least give Deathmatch players some leeway and to remove the overbearing unfairness that is entire coordinated teams against people playing alone

1- you can build for other modes too, lol what? Speedsters, tanks and healers for Chaosball or Block tank builds for Land Grabs are very common. Out of all those builds, only healers are useful for DM
    2- easily done in DM, wut?
    3- "Anyone who's better than me at killing has no life", nice bait mate
    4- Goes from good PvP objective to who's willing to avoid combat the most. Bad PvP, why the majority don't want to play it.
    5- Why it's bad and majority don't want to play it.
    6- Nothing brilliant about that. It's just boring to most people. Why the majority don't want to play it.
    7- Wut? We have solo queues. Good players just play as a team better. Maybe ppl just need to git gud?

Bad PvP modes don't get played by the majority of PvPers. Ez logic to follow.

I and many other PvPers would play the objective more if the best move wasn't turning 180 degrees and running away from combat developing right in front of you the vast majority of the time.

Bad PvP, dead queues. Inexistent choice from devs cuz dead queues look bad on the game.

Excellent post
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Objectives
    Ofc polls with these kind of results doesn't mean anything *rolls eyes*
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deathmatch
    People tend to go on the forums when upset. Objective players are currently upset, and are on the forums more to express themselves.
    I don't think this poll is particularly representative of the truth.

Source - I am in probably the largest bg guild on pc na. Hundreds of active players who all prefer dm.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    People tend to go on the forums when upset. Objective players are currently upset, and are on the forums more to express themselves.
    I don't think this poll is particularly representative of the truth.

Source - I am in probably the largest bg guild on pc na. Hundreds of active players who all prefer dm.

Same happens with the biggest BG guild on PC EU.
    Although I don't see any reason not to make separate objectives queue. We don't need objectives players in DM queue, it will queue fast anyway.
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    I just want a quick pvp.
    I'll take 2nd place anytime.
    I dont mind dying a 100x per match.
    Team mates hates me. (See above)
    Other team hunts me all the time.
    [snip]
    Rinse, repeat.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 26, 2021 7:57PM
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Objectives
    I like deathmatch too ,but playing this mode non stop i start to hate it.