Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

So Update 32 DIDNT ruin the game…huh

rageofodin
rageofodin
✭✭✭
Well, Update 32 is now fully integrated

People are still playing Pure builds.

People are still playing Hybrid builds

From all the screaming in the weeks before, youd think ZOS was killing the game

And yet here we are

Huh

Discuss 😬
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It killed my build though.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing to discuss really, it obviously wasn't the patch killing the game yet again, at least I'm not aware what it can possibly kill off besides endless grind and respecs.
    Edited by colossalvoids on November 20, 2021 10:23AM
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rageofodin wrote: »
    Well, Update 32 is now fully integrated

People are still playing Pure builds.

People are still playing Hybrid builds

From all the screaming in the weeks before, youd think ZOS was killing the game

And yet here we are

Huh

Discuss 😬

People in the forums tend to overreact when anything is announced, y'know
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people think that a 1% to 2% difference in total damage output is the end of the world.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ksariyu
    Ksariyu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Genuinely the best base game patch in years in my opinion. Making builds is actually fun now that I'm not locked out of half the skills and sets right off the bat.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made this for Nerfmire, but it remains relevant. Even the complainers usually end up on Acceptance eventually.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, changes itself didn't destroy game. In fact, there is far easier to pug some niche trials like SO or AA. And much more people running proc sets.

However, since last patch game started (at least for me) lagging and there plenty of DC (for other pugs), so hopefully they will not stop working on fixing those issues
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »

same here, infact evey single patch always destroys my builds. i am forced every patch to make new builds, been that way since beta like 9 years ago.
    i hate eso. but its better then the other mmo's in the mmo toilet.

Edited by Gilvoth on November 20, 2021 5:18PM
  • rageofodin
    rageofodin
    ✭✭✭

How did it kill your build?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It killed my build to that was focused on Vampirism. I've had to replace Mistform with Race Against Time making my build more and more mortal. I want to play a vampire but every time they touch it they make it worse. A pure vampire build is now impossible, and in PvP player pets don't count as players so all ability and set sourced pets straight up ignore the damage mitigation.

Edit: I feel like we've hit a point where we're right back to where we were before the vampire rework. People only pick it for the passives and 1-2 abilities, and it's not from a lack of trying to make it work. My build only uses the ultimate and Blood for Blood for PvP, but in group PvE I have 0 vampire abilities on my DPS setup, 0 vampire abilities on my tank setup, and only 1 on my healer set up and it's Blood for Blood for sustain reasons.
    Edited by Vevvev on November 20, 2021 8:31PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It did. The game is homogenized beyond belief now. Everyone is in same gear. Might as well remove Stamina and Mana as a resource and just call it Resource now.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every update there are a lot of players that yell DOOM every chance they get, but things always work out. I think this is just human nature. But don't worry, the next update will surly destroy the game and half of the northern hemisphere.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure I understand the point of this post? You were in favor of homogenization and this is like your version of putting biden/Harris on your bumper since the changes went through?

• DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the concern wasn't about this patch. It was and is about what's coming down the pipeline because the board is full of ridiculous requests and those kind of poorly thought out demands have a habit of popping up every few patches.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • rageofodin
    rageofodin
    ✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand the point of this post? You were in favor of homogenization and this is like your version of putting biden/Harris on your bumper since the changes went through?

Be more non sequitur and obtuse

Ill wait
  • rageofodin
    rageofodin
    ✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    It did. The game is homogenized beyond belief now. Everyone is in same gear. Might as well remove Stamina and Mana as a resource and just call it Resource now.

What is this gear everyone is using?

Magsorc: Mothers Sorrow and Medua

MagWarden: Frostbite and Deadly Strike

MagDK: Burning Spellweave and SPC

MagNecro: Elemental Catalyst and Medusa

StamPlar: Deadly Strike and Bahsei’s

StamWarden: Deadly Strike and Blooddrinker

MagNecro Tank: Saxheels and Elemental catalyst

StamNB: Relequin and Kinras

Help me out here, what is this magic new armor everyone is using for every type of toon???
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Help me out here, what is this magic new armor everyone is using for every type of toon???

Stamina: Relequen + Kinras, Tzogvin, Advancing Yokeda.. depending on the content.
    Magicka: Bahseis + Kinras, Tzogvin, Advancing Yokeda.. depending on the content.

No MagSorc is using MS/Medusa anymore.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • rageofodin
    rageofodin
    ✭✭✭
    No MagSorc is using MS/Medusa anymore.[/quote]

Odd, I just ran a VSS last night with that exact combo, pulling 8.5% of the damage on each dragon

Where is this authority you speak of coming from?

EDIT: just double checked, it was Treasure Hunter, Mother’s Sorrow, Harpooners kilt 🤣👍
    Edited by rageofodin on November 21, 2021 5:20PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Odd, I just ran a VSS last night with that exact combo, pulling 8.5% of the damage on each dragon

EDIT: just double checked, it was Treasure Hunter, Mother’s Sorrow, Harpooners kilt 🤣👍

They're speaking of the absolute meta DPS that pulls a little bit higher. Also with the soft cap to critical damage building too high into it is actually a bad thing.
    Edited by Vevvev on November 21, 2021 5:24PM
  • rageofodin
    rageofodin
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

They're speaking of the absolute meta DPS that pulls a little bit higher. Also with the soft cap to critical damage building too high into it is actually a bad thing.

Yikes!

I kinda feel bad for players that feel that is the only goal when playing
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes!

It is what it is. I personally don't aim for that because I'm more of a healer or tank PvE player that enjoys PvP. So I have a lot of fun solo/PvP builds that break the mold, but if you asked me to DPS I've never punched higher than 60k. I know how to I just don't have the time to grind out the gear. And what pure DPS gear I do have spends a lot of time gathering dust in my bank.
    Edited by Vevvev on November 21, 2021 5:38PM
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yikes!

You feel bad for players who choose to maximize their performance in a group setting?

A huge part of RPGs always has been min/maxing stats. That's fun for a lot of players especially high level players. Nothing at all wrong with that.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lost fun options because of cit cap like EC and Rele on my Khajiit Stamden. To get below cap I have to race change and run the same tired AY with Relequen and put on a monster set again all for around 10K less DPS even after a respec of CP.

But hey my high elf mag toons are all over 110K now running Kinras and Bahsei. Those that need the flex spot now run Tzogvin over Medusa. All we did was farm more gear and spend more platings for jewelry that will be nerfed in 6 months for the next meta set.

Overall though damage is up but variety is down. Because there is such a clear cut setup in the damage department now many teams want you in those same sets. Honestly the only thing added to the game are overlapping orange circles in exchange for time/materials wasted for new gear.
  • Lygatto
    Lygatto
    ✭✭

How did it kill your build?

In my case, the update didn't really "kill" my build, but the changes to Elemental Succession forced me to replace one of my sets in a fire-centric build I used on my MagDK.

I don't disagree with the changes they made to Elemental Succession, or their reasons for doing so, because it's exactly like they said in the patch notes... there was literally no reason to use sets like Silks of the Sun when Elemental Succession did exactly what Silks of the Sun did, but better (i.e. Silks of the Sun gave a flat bonus of 400 damage to your flame damage abilities; Elemental Succession gave you a 4-second buff with a 4-second CD that added nearly 500 damage to the element you used, which meant that if practically all of your skills were fire skills like mine, you had a ~500 fire damage buff with 100% uptime).

Since the patch, I've been able to replace Elemental Succession with Silks of the Sun, and all of my skills and champion points have pretty much stayed the same—but nonetheless, it sucks to have to spend 100k+ gold hunting down armor & weapons from guild stores for collections, using transmute crystals to recreate some of the harder-to-find items with the correct trait, and using costly jewelry upgrade materials on a new set to replace your old one, while receiving an even weaker damage boost from the new set to boot.

It's not the worst thing to happen, and in all honesty, ZOS's set/skill changes in recent times have been a LOT more agreeable and reasonable than they were years ago, but regardless, it still sucks to be on the receiving end of a radical change to a skill or set's functionality. :>
    Edited by Lygatto on November 21, 2021 11:14PM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is sadly just the start though

The biggest homogenization was the tagline " This ability scales with your highest offensive stats." Basically makes every build force run the same setup stam vs Mag. I wish it never got introduced.

I can't wait for mag users that use Carve that has the amazing tagline: "This ability scales with your highest offensive stats." or Stam users that use various mag abilities in the same context.