The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Can We Please Sprint in Mistform?

Vevvev
Vevvev
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I know the time is long gone, but I just had an idea to make Mistform at least fulfill it's role in PvE. If you could expend stamina while in Mistform in order to sprint while in it it'd help it become at least a little viable at being a disengagement tool. Would make Elusive Mist similar to Race Against Time but instead of providing Minor Force it'd provide stun immunity.

Something to think about at least, and it's not like you'd be regenerating stamina in the form either. Have to leave Mist to start getting stamina back.
PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not possible. Vampire only gets nerfs not buffs. Try again!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not possible. Vampire only gets nerfs not buffs. Try again!

Ummm... Nerf Blood Frenzy? Clearly gankers are getting too much power out of that instant injection of spell and weapon damage! /s
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still hate how they killed most functionally for mist form in pve. This would help alleviate some of that.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Spectral_Force
    Spectral_Force
    ✭✭✭
    This would be neat, but at that point someone is going to complain that vampires are getting buffed in PvP. I honestly do not see us getting a buff to Vampirism anytime soon - if there's one thing these nerfs are doing it's driving the playerbase away from being vampires, which I guess was one of the original intentions for the Greymoor overhaul.

But yes, in PvE I'd love to be able to sprint in Mist Form, or at least I'll take a flat movement speed increase which stacks with Major/Minor Expeditions.
    I've unearthed the Legendary Antiquity of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be neat, but at that point someone is going to complain that vampires are getting buffed in PvP. I honestly do not see us getting a buff to Vampirism anytime soon - if there's one thing these nerfs are doing it's driving the playerbase away from being vampires, which I guess was one of the original intentions for the Greymoor overhaul.

But yes, in PvE I'd love to be able to sprint in Mist Form, or at least I'll take a flat movement speed increase which stacks with Major/Minor Expeditions.

Or just have base Mistform give minor expedition. Anything to make it slightly more useful outside the damage mitigation and I foresaw the PvP buff which is why I mentioned the 0 stamina regeneration while in Mistform. That 0 stam regen has caused me a lot of issues since that rule was introduced as it makes any dodge roll, sprint, break free, and blocking you do before entering the form is essentially a permanent mark against you and can lead to your downfall leaving the form, especially if your potion is on cooldown.

Nothing like getting forced out of the form from a negate or excessive damage only to get stunned immediately afterwards and have no stamina to get out. :grimace:
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vampire based chapter is done, now we have Blackwood, it's obvious that vampires are being nerfed now.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    The Vampire based chapter is done, now we have Blackwood, it's obvious that vampires are being nerfed now.

Blinks

Vampires kept getting nerfed in the vampire chapter.
  • Kardrik
    Kardrik
    ✭✭✭
    The only changes they made to vampires since the Vampire chapter were nerfs, and most of the kit was pretty meh anyway
  • HalfDragoness
    HalfDragoness
    ✭✭✭
    Playing a vampire in solo PvE should be fun and not as affected by how the vampire skills can be used on PvP and trials scenarios. Because they can be used in exploitive ways in the two latter scenarios this means people playing a vampire for fun, or roleplaying reasons, are getting a bad deal.

Why not make the damage reduction from mistform scale with vampire level? This makes it more useful to people playing a level 4 vampies, but makes it more difficult to get as much use out of in trial/PvP situations.
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playing a vampire in solo PvE should be fun and not as affected by how the vampire skills can be used on PvP and trials scenarios. Because they can be used in exploitive ways in the two latter scenarios this means people playing a vampire for fun, or roleplaying reasons, are getting a bad deal.

Why not make the damage reduction from mistform scale with vampire level? This makes it more useful to people playing a level 4 vampies, but makes it more difficult to get as much use out of in trial/PvP situations.

so basicly this game is being balanced around endgame pve and pvp
    the reason why most of the time the changes are not for the role play comunity is the following : if u role play u wont go for hard content. and easy content can be done with bad skills / setups

if u just buff vampire to be able to sprint in mistform for you maybe it would feel more immersive but e.g. in pvp a meta would begin which would be horrible u would see sprinting full 200% movmentspeed 75% dmg reduction glass canonen running around and 1hitting everything which isnt in mistform for 1sec

also u would be invisible while sprinting cause of the vampire passive which would mean even if anyone can finds u u still got 75% damadge reduction which is [snip] much

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 14, 2021 7:26PM
  • HalfDragoness
    HalfDragoness
    ✭✭✭

so basicly this game is being balanced around endgame pve and pvp
    the reason why most of the time the changes are not for the role play comunity is the following : if u role play u wont go for hard content. and easy content can be done with bad skills / setups

if u just buff vampire to be able to sprint in mistform for you maybe it would feel more immersive but e.g. in pvp a meta would begin which would be horrible u would see sprinting full 200% movmentspeed 75% dmg reduction glass canonen running around and 1hitting everything which isnt in mistform for 1sec

also u would be invisible while sprinting cause of the vampire passive which would mean even if anyone can finds u u still got 75% damadge reduction which is [snip] much

This sounds a lot like you're saying that people who want to play this game for roleplaying purposes should be satisified with skills that are not enjoyable?
    Roleplayers don't just want to play through content with bad skills ebcause they want the story, they want to conect with the characters they create, which means having a fun or satisfying playstyle. If they game can't provide that then they will go elsewhere.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 14, 2021 7:26PM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running stage 4 essentially gives you this, yeah? Sprint to invisible. Skip through whatever you want. If you could sprint with mist what would be the point of running stage 4?
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running stage 4 essentially gives you this, yeah? Sprint to invisible. Skip through whatever you want. If you could sprint with mist what would be the point of running stage 4?

No, that's invisibility vs damage mitigation. And ZOS stopped you from being able to sneak in Mistform and it tears you out of stealth. They'd just need to remove the ability to turn invisible in Mistform much like how can't turn invisible or use Mistform while holding a Chaos Ball, Relic, or Elder Scroll and it'd be fine. Stage 4 would still have it's use, and it still does reduce the Sprint cost by 50%
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

No, that's invisibility vs damage mitigation. And ZOS stopped you from being able to sneak in Mistform and it tears you out of stealth. They'd just need to remove the ability to turn invisible in Mistform much like how can't turn invisible or use Mistform while holding a Chaos Ball, Relic, or Elder Scroll and it'd be fine. Stage 4 would still have it's use, and it still does reduce the Sprint cost by 50%

I get that but if you just want the mitigation of mist form, why do you need to sprint? Because doing so would open a whole can of worms!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get that but if you just want the mitigation of mist form, why do you need to sprint? Because doing so would open a whole can of worms!

Well, maybe I want that can of worms opened? After learning all player pets regardless of where they come from (set or ability) go through Mistform now it'd be nice for there to be something going for it. I can't even use it in PvP since every class is capable or just cutting through it with the right build.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, maybe I want that can of worms opened? After learning all player pets regardless of where they come from (set or ability) go through Mistform now it'd be nice for there to be something going for it. I can't even use it in PvP since every class is capable or just cutting through it with the right build.

I don't know, man. It's very effective in pvp when used properly. People can mist form around a rock for ten minutes while dragging 5 killers behind them. If you could also sprint it would just be absurd, you know?

But like you said, maybe you just want chaos! Haha. Sprinting mist form will accomplish that.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know, man. It's very effective in pvp when used properly. People can mist form around a rock for ten minutes while dragging 5 killers behind them. If you could also sprint it would just be absurd, you know?

But like you said, maybe you just want chaos! Haha. Sprinting mist form will accomplish that.

You ever used Mistform? If no then let me enlighten you to the fact your stamina regeneration is put at 0 as well as magicka and health. The heydays of the unkillable Mist users has been over for a while, and the devs want the ability to be used for disengagement. If you can't keep up with someone in Elusive Mist I recommend putting an ability like Race against Time on your bar. You'll laugh like a maniac as you tear them down and kill them since you'll be moving at the same speed at base, and then you can sprint on top of that to make sure they'll never get away from you. All while they're burning through magicka, not healing any health (Unless it's Blood Mist but there's a reason you never see anyone use it effectively *Hint, it's a lack of speed*), and if they dodge roll to try and get a safe heal off before returning to Mistform the stamina used in said dodge roll never recovers.

If you force them into Mistform with no stamina you place them in a terrible spot when you force them out with enough damage. Stun them and they can't break free allowing you to end them once and for all. I speak from experience on this.
    Edited by Vevvev on November 12, 2021 12:45AM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it on two characters but they aren't my main characters so I'm pretty bad at it. However my main is a NB. I've seen bad mist users and great ones. There's a huge difference between how quickly I can nullify a bad mist build vs someone who knows how to properly use it with the right gear and has practiced using the terrain to their advantage. Those dudes can lead a 12 man around for minutes! Haha
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negative ghost rider
  • ashadris
    ashadris
    ✭✭✭
    Vampirism needs cost increase removed, weakness to fire etc is fine but its damn near impossible to play on stage 2+ if ure not a nb
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ashadris wrote: »
    Vampirism needs cost increase removed, weakness to fire etc is fine but its damn near impossible to play on stage 2+ if ure not a nb

My magDK does just fine with sustain on it and so does my Sorc. MagDK uses Blood for Blood and a charged weapon while my Sorc has around 1,600 mag recovery. Using Vampire's spammable really does offset a large portion of the cost increase debuff allowing even high cost classes like DK to go to stage 4 just fine.