The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

confused about matiance

spawn10459
spawn10459
✭✭✭
The maintenance is complete, and the European megaserver is now back online and available. However, due to an unforeseen issue during the maintenance, patch 1.0.6 could not be delivered during the operation.

As our team is currently investigating the issue encountered, the previously announced maintenance on the North American megaserver is cancelled and will not happen today, Tuesday, April 29th.

We will update you with more information when it is available, and will share details about the implementation of patch 1.0.6. In the meantime, we will keep the patch notes available for you to read.

Right from the dev post.

In game were getting the 15min warning. Are the servers coming down or not?
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's a bit confusing.
  • Silvrian
    Silvrian
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it either. I want to say they have a lot of people to please, cut them some slack, etc.

But I've really been getting a first impression that this company is a bit lazy. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My assumption is that the warning in pre-programmed and hasn't been removed now that the downtime is canceled.

I guess we'll know very soon. :)
  • JJDrakken
    JJDrakken
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Maintenance can be very confusing. Perhaps if you retitled your header, it wouldn't be confusing. By using the right spelled word.
    Leader of Oblivion Crisis. Bunch of Daedric Worshiping MF's. We'll Bang Ok.
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    wait a sec, so I logged out and it was a fake!!!
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen
    ✭✭✭
    Welp, it's still up. So I guess they just didn't turn the message off.
  • Silvrian
    Silvrian
    ✭✭✭
    correctly spelled... not right spelled.. get your grammar RIGHT!

;-) burned!
    Edited by Silvrian on April 29, 2014 12:02PM
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    sorry on my laptop and was at a red light :)
  • mips_winnt
    mips_winnt
    ✭✭✭
    spawn10459 wrote: »
    In game were getting the 15min warning. Are the servers coming down or not?

OOPS... apparently someone forgot to delete that job from the crontab. :smile:
  • Bloodsip
    Bloodsip
    ✭✭
    Are you telling me the game isn't down? LOL. I logged out and left my house.............................................................................
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, the game is still up and running.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    yep I just completed a chain of quests and got 3 gold from the boss so everything is normal :p
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    Laerian wrote: »
    yep I just completed a chain of quests and got 3 gold from the boss so everything is normal :p

3 gold? I wish I had your luck!

But hey guys, at least they were nice enough to not shut down the servers for no reason.

Edited by dagnome on April 29, 2014 12:52PM
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    Silvrian wrote: »
    I don't get it either. I want to say they have a lot of people to please, cut them some slack, etc.

But I've really been getting a first impression that this company is a bit lazy. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.

Lazy... that explains them not doing maintenance every week.... hang on....
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • mips_winnt
    mips_winnt
    ✭✭✭
    Laerian wrote: »

Please share, where'd you find the rich boss? :smile:

• Gix
    Gix
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't find it too confusing.

EU got maintenance and they tried to patch the game in the process, that didn't work so EU got a regular maintenance instead.

US was supposed to have a maintenance but they delayed it so that they can get the patch working first.

I'm assuming EU is going to have another maintenance so that they can receive the patch as well, once the issue is fixed.