Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is there no Dwarf Race?

• Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to play a Minotaur :]
  • Saxhleel
    Saxhleel
    ✭✭✭
    No. This would not fit in the lore at all, generic dwarf man or Dwemer. Nords are the drunk bearded guys, Orsimer are the crafters, and Bosmer are the short ones. No need to retcon some random thing into existence.

If there is another playable race, I would like to see Maomer.
    "What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy" — Dagoth Ur

• Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The archetype of the classic / stereotypical Dwarf is fulfilled by Nords & Orcs

The orcs who follow Trinimac honestly reminded me a lot of the Dwarves from typical fantasy settings. Orsinium reminded me of the Dwarven stone masters in LOTR and WoW.

Honestly, just about everything that is appealing about Dwarves (save for the short & stocky builds) can be found in playing a Nord or an Orc.
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    I vote for something small and fat and bearded aswell! The problem is I don't recall any race like that to be in TES, [snip]

[Edited for Baiting]
    Edited by Psiion on October 14, 2021 10:16PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JRR Tolkien is the father of modern fantasy lore and story telling. I mixed feelings about the idea.
    1) its great to give a nod to Tolkien and his son Christopher, who influenced so much of modern writing and movies.
    But at the same time i also think
    2) it would just be copying them.

At this point TES has fleshed out so many races and peoples in their lore, if they wanted to do that, the writers should have done it sooner.

Idk truly which side to take,
    Yes add Dwarves, or no dwarves?
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dwarves in Eso aren't lord of the rings dwarves and if I wanted them I'd be playing LOTR online.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    The dwarves in Eso aren't lord of the rings dwarves and if I wanted them I'd be playing LOTR online.

I'd like to see Thorin fight some Daedra...with sword n oakenshield.

• Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is one of the most ridiculous suggestions I've seen on this forum
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    Well the closest are orcs - they have mines, they love smithing, their houses are dark and ugly. The only one feature missing is shape them a bit - deep orc shortened subrace with very long beards (and a lot of fat).
    Why it should be ridiculous? TES do have elves already...
    Edited by Mandragora on November 10, 2021 7:57PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Yes, ESO is different that LOTR, and I REALLY REALLY respect that!

I love Khajit and Argonian are so unique to this game. Really ....love it!

But why not a proper Dwarf...not Dwemer. Or maybe Dwermer are the previous incarnation of the Dwarves before they became what they are (superior) and left.

Can't we get a few them? Maybe they were in cryogenic storage (Frost ability)?

Make then hardy warriors, craft people, magic/poison resistant. But maybe not great with Magicka. Make them fall off mounts easier. But giant classes they are harder to hit.
    And boy do they love mining and creating jewelry, and suck at pizza.

Or what are thoughts do you have to share?

Enough races?
    Something more unique?

Tanks!

Z

I thought there was a Dwarf race though! If you play Fargrave, there is a chance you'll be summoned by Lyranth if you don't go do a quest riight away. Speaking to the Demora that was sent to get you will reveal that he was around at the time of the Dwarves. It seems like the Dwemer were more related to the Dwarves but they weren't completely Dwarf (correct me if I'm wrong, PLEASE!).
    Edited by moleculardrugs on November 15, 2021 1:32PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought there was a Dwarf race though! If you play Fargrave, there is a chance you'll be summoned by Lyranth if you don't go do a quest riight away. Speaking to the Demora that was sent to get you will reveal that he was around at the time of the Dwarves. It seems like the Dwemer were more related to the Dwarves but they weren't completely Dwarf (correct me if I'm wrong, PLEASE!).

The Dwemer are the "Dwarves", but they are not the Dwarves of Middle Earth and D&D. They were not a race of bearded short people. :smile: (Edit: short by contemporary standards...)
    Edited by Elsonso on November 15, 2021 1:42PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ciotola
    Ciotola
    ✭✭✭
    cut
    Edited by Ciotola on January 28, 2022 5:22PM
  • brylars
    brylars
    ✭✭✭
    We actually do not know how big Nirn is. Yes we only talk about certain continents like they are the only landmasses but are they really the only ones? Perhaps they could still have a race like "traditional dwarves" but I wouldn't plan on it in the near future.

We technically have "dwarves" so the traditional ones would actually have to be named something else, but just appear and act like the dwarves of DnD or LotR.