The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Where our Guild profit for the store

• Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silverbird wrote: »

Actually not. If it sells for 100g and you get 90g of it, you have a fee of 10%. When you put your item into the store, you have to pay 15% fee, but you get 5% back, when it actually is sold.

Perhaps I am dumb, but I've never really seen any money back from the initial fee I was charged. If I sell an item for 100g, I pay 15g up front out of pocket as a listing fee, basically. When the item sells I get 90g in the mail, not 95g. If all I get is 90g, where is the 5% you're saying we get back at?
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    100-15=85 , 100-15=85+5=90 Basic math is basic
  • Amodef
    Amodef
    @luckyjoemcb14_ESO‌

Well, I understand it like @Lalai

I wanna sell something for 100 gp. To do that, I need to pay 15% as initial fee (- 15 gp).
    After that, you have a 10% tax (referred as guild market tax, leading to the confusion explained before), that is taken only if the item get sold (-10 gp).

Finally, I've sold something 100 gp, minus 10 gp tax, minus 15 gp fee = 75 gp of profit (and 90 gp in my mail box, as @Lalai mentioned).

It it doesn't get sold, I loose my initial 15 gp fee anyway.

And about the missing functionalities of the guild store/market : no, it's not a WoW like request ! Being able to search for something with plain text is pretty basic, in any search application.
    I think that the real problem is the interface, that is designed in priority for consoles...

But imho, the economy is one of the major feature of a virtual world, and I think that it has been totally ignored or underdeveloped in ESO...

• S1D3FX
    S1D3FX
    ✭✭
    Only things certain: Death and Taxes

Drew+Carey+-+Welcome+to+Adulthood.jpg
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭

You did not really include the 15g you lost immediately.

Total paid by players: 15 (by seller) + 100 (by buyer) = 115.

Total returned: 90. (You can think of this as your 15 deposit plus 75 sale profit coming to you).

On a 100g sale there is 25% of the listed price gone in the process from players. You get 75% of the sale value, net, because you also pay immediately to post it.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭

You're subtracting the 15g at the wrong spot, as sir_dunnub mentioned above. 15g is taken out of your pocket when you list the item. You then list the item for 100g. That 15g is gone now whether someone buys the item or not.. it was a listing fee. If someone buys the item an additional 10% is taken out, resulting in another 10g being taken out.

You're right, basic math is basic.. but the way you setup your problem is wrong. It should look more like -15+100-10=75g. Yes you get 90g back, not 75g, but that's only because the 15g they already took from you was when you originally posted the item, and came out of your pocket instead of coming out of the total gold you're getting in the mail.. that doesn't mean the fee doesn't count towards your net profit though.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • drowadin
    drowadin
    ✭✭
    Gold buyers and salers already ruin the game no reason to add a guild able to do the same hahah. The best thing they did was get rid of the ah it was just a way for people to ruin the game and let greed take over a great game.
    Edited by drowadin on April 16, 2014 9:33AM