The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Where our Guild profit for the store

Rage_Frost
Rage_Frost
✭✭✭
In game Tool Tip.

House Cut: When the item sells, 10% of the sale price is kept by the guild store. If the item does not sell you are not charged this fee.

Like the topic states where is the AH cut going I run a guild of about 400 people with an active AH. I do not see the Guild AH cut being deposited into the guild bank from sales.

All my guild members keep thinking since I am the Guild Leader That I have access to these Funds from sales cuts since the game is not a Mass Auction house its a Guild AH That I run per say... I grant access to sell items to folks by ranks GM Setting for Ranks. and I also grant access for folks to Buy items by Rank through the Guild Rank Settings.

Now I think I know the answer its a Gold sink where the gold is just poof gone.

but the wording on it makes me think the sales Tax per say should be going to the guild coffers "treasury".. Since its a guild AH not a Game AH...

Also On a side note I recall in beta the guild bank being 1000 items not 500?
And I so wish we had tab's that could be locked for guild mats that everyone could not get their greedy hands on. or limits set on item withdraws.

I hope Guilds well get some love soon in a patch in the near future.

would love to have a dev answer this @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AlanG @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MichaelServotte
:blush:
Edited by Rage_Frost on April 21, 2014 6:42PM

Best Answer

• Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The word "fee" means something, and I'm pretty sure it's not what you think it is.

The word "fee", and the "fee" itself can kiss my grits! They need to throw a "R" into the mix and just make the damn thing "Free"...

A Gold sink... Eff that.

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
    Answer ✓
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    This one must notify his members of clan about the coin-hole in auction house. Everyone knows that guild will not get cut, just right to utilize the house as reward for conquering post. There is no cut, only cut will come from dues paid or donated manually in bank by members. If not, Ri'Darrit worries that clan becomes very rich and buys piece of Akavir desert. Not fun this one agrees?
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • Rage_Frost
    Rage_Frost
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry we do not Accept Role Players in our guild. LOL
  • djodars
    djodars
    ✭✭✭
    That would be pretty terrible if the cut was going to the guild... there would be absolutely no gold sink related to this system...

Edit: As for the guild bank space, 500 is a LOT. I don't remember a game actually having that much slots for items. When they fix the item not stacking bug, it's going to be even better.
    Edited by djodars on April 10, 2014 12:24PM
  • Rage_Frost
    Rage_Frost
    ✭✭✭
    500 is not a lot of space it would be for a personal bank lol.
    If they added 5 tabs with 100 items in each tab that would have guild access limited to some folks like other games that would be great! But then again you can have 500 people in a guild so is it really that a lot of space? 1 item per person.

As for the AH cut its a Guild AH it states that. its not a Mass Auction house So the cut as it is worded in game from the tool tip sounds like the profits go to the guild.
    Which makes sense since every game I have played has some form for the guild to make a profit as a whole for guild repair cost etc.

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    djodars wrote: »
    That would be pretty terrible if the cut was going to the guild... there would be absolutely no gold sink related to this system...

Edit: As for the guild bank space, 500 is a LOT. I don't remember a game actually having that much slots for items. When they fix the item not stacking bug, it's going to be even better.

Then they should rename it. Its misleading and is quite unnecessary. They could of named it [INSERT FACTION] War Tax. And people would of gotten the idea.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on April 11, 2014 1:13AM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Skylara
    Skylara
    ✭✭✭
    The bank needs tabs with separate restrictions.
    The bank needs 1000 slots, especially for us bigger guilds over 250 people.

The Guild Store needs a "search by item name" option and more search options to narrow things down.

The Guildmaster needs to be able to create more tiers within the guild and to control which bank tabs the levels have access to.
    Edited by Skylara on April 11, 2014 12:38PM
  • Judge_Mental_One
    The cut the game takes also needs to be alot lower. 10% is too freakin high.
  • SypherDiass
    SypherDiass
    ✭✭
    agreed that the guild bank needs tabs and more ranks with the guild master being able to set permissions for each rank to protect the guilds items better.

we have had to make a secondary guild so that the officers have a secure location to store items we do not want people to be able to ninja.

and the guild should get the 10% cash if items are sold through the GUILD STORE then as people have mentioned , a guild could offer repairs etc for people , or even stack up on items like seige weapons to take into cyrodil etc .....
  • sibslynx
    sibslynx
    it would just split guilds up with a lot of people wanting to start their own guild just for the cut. I think 25% tax is really excessive though and it should be lowered to around 10-15
  • Rage_Frost
    Rage_Frost
    ✭✭✭
    See another example of bad wording.

Total cut is going to be 15% or 10% but never 25%

It's 15% down when you list it.
    If you do not sell the item or cancel the item then you are charged the 15% that's it.

If you sell the item 5% of that 15% is returned to you making the total Cut 10% total. So its wise to always list items that are fairly priced and well sell so your only paying the 10% Fee to the "Guild" AH

I find it sad that what a couple of weeks into the game now that the Dev team has not made a Road Map of what they plan on doing And what plans they have for the Guild System in this game And the lack of features that they have giving the guild leadership...

Still waiting for a answer to the AH cut Answer also.
  • Solara
    Solara
    ✭✭
    Hopefully with tonight's surprising (and poorly timed) maintenance we will see a fairly complete fix of the auction house and other major issues that affect gameplay. I should call it the GS, for guild store I guess. The categories don't work properly, it is very difficult to find an item you need for purchase, since you can search your own [measly sized] inventory but not the store. The 'GS cut' combined with the listing price is pretty high. It's a little frustrating to not know what you are paying for, furthermore I just want to buy more inventory space so I can be out adventuring longer.
  • AbraCadabra
    AbraCadabra
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realize we could bid on things in the "Guild Auction House." I always thought it was a Guild Store. Am I doing it wrong?
  • Rage_Frost
    Rage_Frost
    ✭✭✭
    Nope no Bids so as it stands Its a very basic store.
    Again I hope someone from the Dev or GM team See's this and gives an answer that is correct...
  • ohmwave
    ohmwave
    400+ members all buying and selling and 10% of that gold goes to 1 person? seems excessive. I'd prefer no auction houses with NPC set prices. I feel like the player run economy ruins online games. The people most focused and participating in the economy side of the game tend to abuse it. I enjoy making a profit from crafting, but don't want it to be the entire objective of my play. Try to imagine your country of residence having an economy operating the way these games economies operate, would you live there? That last sentence makes it sound like I am blaming the game designers, and ultimately it is up to them, but players ask for a player run economy. I see a lot of negativity in the game and on forums. People clamoring to make piles of gold seems to add to that. To me the economy lacks the element of a regulating government and the original post was asking for less regulation. Have you earned your 10%? And how do I know you will use it fairly?
  • Selthius
    Selthius
    Welcome to an MMO that you have not played before. Things are different. Systems are different. You can join 5 guilds, if you are running guild with at least 10 people that you know, then your 500 guild bank spaces turns into 2500 really quick (make 4 more guilds if you cant understand what I'm getting at). This isn't WoW, so stop asking for WoW features (not just specific to this thread). If you want specific people to have access to specific bank spots, have a guild officer hand stuff out and run a semi-professional guild. You are supposed to adapt to a game, not the other way around. Learn to play with what you are given, the spoiled society is what topples games in the long run, making them simplistic and boring.

The guild store is meant to be a gold sink (a very small one at that), which is a good thing in a MMO. It brings communities closer with personal trading and interaction, making it feel more like an online game. Why should a guild leader of 500 random recruits deserve the 10% cut? Answer: They don't. Just because you named your guild something catchy and was around in pre-release to start a trade guild does not mean you earned 10% of all sales from your random recruits in starter zones, and chances are you have no actual guild system, no website (other than some starter site with inactive forums), and a free voip server with limited slots. Also, it discourages flooding of useless items and overcharging for the fun of it. They made it a guild store so you could buy stuff cheaper than what a vendor would sell it for, and you can sell stuff for more than what you could vendor it for within a community that works together. Good items should be traded in person and advertised so you don't lose a big cut. Don't be lazy and list all your stuff in the store, it's not smart. And list things in stacks, no one wants a single food item or piece of ore and it clutters store space.

What about this and that blah blah blah... It's not the system they chose to use, but you can choose to play it so deal with it or go play something else. This isn't a cookie cutter game, stop asking for them to make it one.

As for searching for stuff in the guild store, yeah the system needs improvement and will more than likely be improved.

We're a week into release people, and you bought this game for it's uniqueness, including the bank/trade/guild system. They also haven't released all the features, so be patient. Also, if you have stupid people in your guild that flood your store with common drops all the time and fill your guild bank with useless stuff, then don't expect a polished system with ANY layout presented to you. The current system is working great (besides the store search feature) and does not need to, and shouldn't be changed. If YOUR experience with YOUR guild is bad, guess who needs to do the changing, and I'll give you a hint, it's not Zenimax.

Now, with all that said, suggestions are great to improve on MMOs. Not ones you wanna see because you're too lazy to make the system work as intended IE more bank slots, cheaper this and that because your too lazy to work for the gold, not wanting to organize your own guild etc... The only good things mentioned on here were to fix the search system in the store a bit, and saying the guild doesn't receive a cut of sales. The rest is just bitching about game mechanics.

Devs, you're doing a great job but please, do not take simple minded suggestions and waste time on them when you have a huge world to create for the people who are happy with the game, and that number is well well well into the majority.

PS: Here's your correct answer.
  • Selthius
    Selthius
    Rage_Frost wrote: »
    Nope no Bids so as it stands Its a very basic store.
    Again I hope someone from the Dev or GM team See's this and gives an answer that is correct...

Went over your head, he's making fun of everyone for calling a store an auction house when there is no auctioning. Figured I'd let ya know.
  • Rage_Frost
    Rage_Frost
    ✭✭✭
    Selthius wrote: »
    This isn't WoW, so stop asking for WoW features (not just specific to this thread). blah blah blah...
    PS: Here's your correct answer.
    Thanks for your thoughts on this matter... @Selthius
    I took the best parts out of your very long reply and summed it up for you.

I was never a real fan of WoW or played WoW that much to even talk about it Did Alpha and Beta WoW and played for 6 months after that. But it was hmm lacking too much a cartoon.
    But I have played it and Rift and SWG and SWTOR and about every major MMO that was released. And I was not asking for a Feature of WoW in this thread or any other thread :wink:
    I was asking for what the tooltips states. Read it for your self Sir.
    I totally understand that some features are not perfect or all tooltips are lets say correct in wording.

I didn't make the guild to make Gold off the guild I was elected Guild Master of our Community by the Community of FragHaus.

My Community has asked me where the Gold was going I hence have put in feedback in game and a bug report's with no Answer. I have come to the forums where many "trolls" lurk to find a Correct Answer from the Dev or a GM that patrol these forums who also get paid to answer questions that are asked.

To me it seems no "player" knows the correct answer also like no one really knows what the max level a horse can be leveled too... hahaha
    50, 60, 100, 150?

They should have a question answer section for the Dev/GM team on these forums sadly they do not so I am stuck posting it here.

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one must notify his members of clan about the coin-hole in auction house. Everyone knows that guild will not get cut, just right to utilize the house as reward for conquering post. There is no cut, only cut will come from dues paid or donated manually in bank by members. If not, Ri'Darrit worries that clan becomes very rich and buys piece of Akavir desert. Not fun this one agrees?
    *laughs* I love it. And it answers the question.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the "guild cut" from the AH will not actually go to the guild bank. That being said if the "guild cut" was to be put somewhere I would hope that nobody in the guild could withdraw from that, but instead that the gold from the cut would accumulate over time and allow certain things for the guild, like "x gold for x guild bank spaces". Also once they do upgrade the guilds (like they have promised), I hope that more guild ranks will become available, as four is a bit too low and more would allow for some vanity ranks, which would be nice for the Roleplayers.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Selthius
    Selthius
    @Rage_Frost‌

I'm glad you didn't take it as a personal attack, or if you did it wasn't intended. I was just laying out some general thoughts... I do that when I go on rants and can type like a *** sometimes lol. There's a bunch of 500 player guilds out there full of fresh recruits selling 4 pieces of Jute at a time and your post just reminded me of them and caused my mini rant but I do understand where you were coming from.

I'm sure they will clear everything up eventually, once they get past launch speed bumps and bugs. It's only been a week for official release though, things like this need time.
  • t_riffix_rex
    t_riffix_rex
    ✭✭
    djodars wrote: »

Then they should rename it. Its misleading and is quite unnecessary. They could of named it [INSERT FACTION] War Tax. And people would of gotten the idea.

It's confusing if you've never shopped at a consignment shop or really anywhere.
  • Anthony45122
    Anthony45122
    ✭✭✭
    There is no ability to deposit or withdraw gold from a guild bank. Just figured i'd clear that up.
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cut the game takes also needs to be alot lower. 10% is too freakin high.

Its absurd... The gold sink is absolutely absurd...
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Dunhilda
    Dunhilda
    ✭✭✭
    We have two cuts in place one is 15% the other is guild cut that's 10%

25% cut.... how nice.
  • subzero89
    subzero89
    Soul Shriven
    lol
  • pxtc_ESO
    pxtc_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The Guild Bank and Guild Store are a bad joke. I have 500 people in my Guild and the Guild Bank and Guild Store are not bringing people together. They are driving people apart. All important sales are now taking place in game chat. The Guild Store is a failure at this point. Why do people have to bring wow up in every situation ? I 'll tell you why. Because they did it right. Put in a real Auction House but don't let us sell weapons and armor and this game would be sweet. The Guild Bank and Store are as bad or worse than Diablo III's real money Auction House and you see how that ended up. I'm spending as much time playing ESO as I am spending in the Bank and Store.
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    It is actually 25% total cut, isn't it?

I sell something for 100 gold, I immediately lose 15 gold along with it. When it sells, I get 90 gold in the mail. (90g gross profit) - (15g that I put up) = 75g net profit. 25% 'sales tax'.

That's why it shows you the net profit it does on the UI. You lose the 15% one way or another whether it sells or you cancel, a further 10% if it sells.

To buy and repost it you would have to expect it to sell at more than 25% higher than current price to make a profit.
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the real profit would come from specializing as a guild, focusing just on aspect / potency rune trade consortium for example. Not for members but to people outside the guild, like olden-days spice traders, like a focused consortium. Set the current price based on the supply and demand you see and devote all your guild bank space to it and then try to become the go-to group for finding that type of thing reliably.
  • Silverbird
    Silverbird
    ✭✭✭
    It is actually 25% total cut, isn't it?

I sell something for 100 gold, I immediately lose 15 gold along with it. When it sells, I get 90 gold in the mail. (90g gross profit) - (15g that I put up) = 75g net profit. 25% 'sales tax'.

That's why it shows you the net profit it does on the UI. You lose the 15% one way or another whether it sells or you cancel, a further 10% if it sells.

To buy and repost it you would have to expect it to sell at more than 25% higher than current price to make a profit.

Actually not. If it sells for 100g and you get 90g of it, you have a fee of 10%. When you put your item into the store, you have to pay 15% fee, but you get 5% back, when it actually is sold.

• Reiterpallasch
    Reiterpallasch
    ✭✭✭
    The word "fee" means something, and I'm pretty sure it's not what you think it is.