Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your dream house from the game?

Mandragora
Mandragora
✭✭✭
I know players posted some ideas about towers and hideouts, so I decided to have another space for that this time - what kind of unavailable house from the game you would want?

Here are mine:
f06omzmvbedb.png
1s0ggf7eq2qq.png
tqxwfmfuzr0d.png
99aezwmt1wtr.png
bw3aqbkjr9sd.png
z8t31h6bj6bf.png
One of the towers could be 1 room house:

vomccmzd9m8d.png

Edited by Mandragora on November 6, 2021 9:33AM
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    I have no screenshots of anything in particular but a smaller more affordable house or inn room even in Hews Bane, Gold Coast and Murkmire would be nice, not buying those huge houses with the limited slots as it is just pointless at this stage.
    Edited by Smoky on November 6, 2021 11:38AM
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    You ask, I deliver. I just ran all around Tamriel to gather screenshots for this. I've had many dreams, fantasies, ideas, and favorite locations that I often think about.

Edit: I had my pictures in walk-through order, but the upload jumbled it up. Sorry. Would be a pain to go through and reorder them though lol.

-Hadamnargo's Farmhouse (Right outside of Rimmen, Northern Elsweyr)
    I had a dream about a house like this, back during Elsweyr. I had a dream that we had a house like this overlooking the vast canyon below, and with a "porch" that overlooked the cliff. Very treacherous, but very scenic. It involved a short sandy path leading to the house and with a shed/stable outside, then the house, then a sheer dropoff.

Unfortunately it will not happen, because we have the Hall of Lunar Champion Lion's Cradle wing. Except it proceeded to not be as good as this house, because it's hard to do anything with the part under the house, and it doesn't have the beautiful front door overhang. Sigh.
    qy0wag306tfc.png
    bbtnp0lq6vxk.png
    ndl3h36438sm.png
    g236xxdme3rz.png

-Halimoria's Villa (Russafeld, Summerset)
    One of my most desired house types in the game. The brick walls and wood texture make it unlike the other Summerset houses, being slightly more rustic than the others. It's got beautiful wraparound stairs, alcoves, and it's not too polished so it'd be very easy to make it look "lived in."

The bonus would be the front and back garden, something the Alinor Townhouse does not have (yes it has a balcony, but not ground level). +10 points if it came with one of those beautiful sheds (the ones that look like greenhouses, but boarded up and narrower), cobbled stone walls, and vineyard fields.
    cgrglceohwew.png
    4zmx7pwr2y12.png
    ai2ndfyy8cgm.png
    q0z3u7uaiuse.png
    onkbqlqyl8wa.png
    kmv4dwtavl49.png
    tkd5h3mxvmoo.png
    c6uwpxd4kxga.png
    sgcku9ryu9cy.png
    pjmvbq87burt.png
    86hnvjsl03kl.png
    2f9tnsre63gy.png
    7c2jziyya31p.png
    qi16frf0dud3.png
    4cqi2lhx0ie4.png

-Alinor Docks House (Summerset)
    This beautiful structure is seen in a number of locations around Summerset. I'm sure many players would love to display their boats in this little dock house.

The Alinor Shed is nearby. Would love it as an inclusion as well.
    408seth5i526.png
    yjl4gey2jh9e.png
    y08p1guays8p.png
    bkrli9ztn9m1.png
    9uyogdcqo1i5.png

-Water Garden (Cey-Tarn Keep Wayshrine, Summerset)
    One of my favorite Wayshrine locations, period. This water garden is gorgeous. Would love to have a garden like this naturally in one of my homes. We also don't have curved bridges like these as furnishings. Very scenic with the waterfalls and lilies.
    d9jo5n1n88k0.png
    eqn0z3y8t79o.png
    pi5d42te2lov.png
    l4hg2ul4wxei.png
    etg3yrdupklo.png

-Shimmerene Tower House (Shimmerene, Summerset)
    I kinda came across this by accident just today while running around for these screenshots. Similar to Water's Edge, I'd love for a tower/bridge house overlooking a gate, while being able to decorate around the gate itself as well.
    v308tsqx0kfo.png
    p6a37xtzs25g.png

-Coastal Tower House (Off the coast of Shimmerene, Summerset)
    This one's been on my mind for a long time. It's very scenic and unique, and it's mysterious. I've always wondered what's inside there. And it has a fantastic view of the Direnni Acropolis.
    p5aw8r6pjqna.png
    esvwpc04eyy7.png
    tpdkv2wkfg8c.png
    gcw5lm21vjla.png
    srnk5y4s61gi.png

-Direnni Acropolis (Summerset)
    Very ominous and mysterious location. I love the dark feel, as most homes in Summerset are bright and sunny and beautiful. And yes, I like the overgrown ruins look to it. I know a lot of people would complain if we got a dusty house in disrepair but this would be soooo nice as a creepy-yet-beautiful haunted house location. Love it.
    zhnoeidu94l1.png
    0yh4f8f4xkzl.png
    k2w2szix71zy.png
    9y2jt16fqdz0.png
    5q04d65k3usb.png
    vncvfwptsj1g.png
    amdzyqslmawf.png
    zkren21nxam0.png
    6q2wnm9cc70l.png

-Dusk Keep (Southeast corner of Summerset)
    Another mysterious location. I always wondered what the house would look like inside. Would be fantastic if we could get it as a house and have a lot of cozy vertical spaces. Unfortunately many houses in the game don't provide as far as giving vertical spaces, like spiral staircases and rooms that ascend. Not to mention it has views of the ocean, and is in a convenient location (treasure map location right outside that's a pain to get to normally, and a skyshard just past that).
    rd559ni0jaxp.png
    i75sninfdp5m.png
    ghzbdwznvuhm.png
    8yynzz3lsopi.png

-Sunken City (Corgrad Wastes, Summerset)
    Okay, same as my comment with the Direnni Acropolis, I know there'd be torches and pitchforks if we got a bunch of sunken unlivable houses. But it really captures my imagination the thought of traversing a sunken city, except I'd like for this to be improved, with more vertical ascending spaces and bridges crossing the water and exploring ruins. How exciting!
    1v75zjnc9t0d.png
    nns5579c224u.png
    l1iek670ug20.png

-Ebon Stadmont (Summerset)
    I had dreams about this one for a long time. I didn't do a good job but I even tried to replicate something like some of these paths a long time ago. A dark mysterious forest maze path is an AMAZING housing concept to me. Loved to explore it the first time. Darkness and mystery is like my fine wine.
    5toc98czscif.png
    c759hdetn8sg.png
    ouvnh2wn5ax6.png
    7xh1jpb2tknx.png
    ftq7vxnlbtxn.png
    2exbcexq4ys1.png
    05ihurr7o577.png

-Evergloam (The Shadow Cleft, Clockwork)
    These pictures are from the Clockwork delve, though really the portal to this hypothetical house could be anywhere. We got a house in Coldharbour, we got a house in Hircine's hunting grounds. Give us the Evergloam! Dark spoopy forests are my jam. We even have those stone path markers as furnishings already.
    v5ibc2vc87g2.png
    vjz4slozv5w6.png
    o7rhlimc1arp.png
    9vaw82objg48.png
    efd34q90ucd8.png

-Fell's Run Windmill (Rivenspire)
    This windmill structure is in both Rivenspire and The Rift. I really like how it feels to be up on this balcony and overlooking the land, and it's surprisingly roomy for its somewhat small size. It's very charming, and speaks to me as a Breton player.
    alc31txq33bg.png
    5dyngufd5pkq.png
    jbjik4pnlrp1.png

-Jarl Olfwenn's Hall (Karthwatch, Western Skyrim)
    I will preface this and say that yes, I know it looks ransacked. But I'm moreso after the room layout.

The Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery is a lovely property. Do not get me wrong. It's a great house and I've seen people do lovely things with it. I don't dislike that we got it. But I will say that I was a little disappointed that we got a layout like that, instead of a more cozy layout like this house. I wanted a low ceiling like this. I also like the placement of the door at the back. I just wanted this low ceiling look. And, normally I like big houses, but I think Alpine's house is a bit too big for what I was wanting.
    esap2ofq81tk.png
    in3d8bhojla9.png
    flttjk5ogwky.png
    8ft1ijvr0tmw.png

-Sordi's House (Morthal, Western Skyrim)
    There's several houses like this so I just picked one. I like the smaller size, the small overhang shed outside, just one level on this second floor. It's much better laid out imo. Of course it would be even better if it just had stairs and a full second floor instead of this awkward open balcony hallway. I want a cozy little lodge like this with a front yard, like the cottage in one of the Solitude paintings. The exterior is very cute.
    ts0oenvli2wh.png
    az23e5l7yq5d.png
    5a4m5t00dh43.png

-Outside of Hakkvild's High Hall (Craglorn)
    I just learned this little area existed not too long ago as I exited someone's Hakkvild's by front door for the first time. Look at this lovely little area. We can't even decorate it.
    mur8gdkub40q.png
    ly954vb1ehg5.png
    i8jpsu348d61.png
    8aswvmnmrnxb.png

-Hillside Door (Wayrest, Stormhaven)
    I have always wondered what was behind this door. I like the thought of a doorway embedded in a hill/short cliff like this and near water. Of course it's not clean water in these pictures, but it's the thought that counts? Imagination going wild.

Hidden thieves' den, secret outpost, smuggling tunnels? We'll probably never know.
    v0l5gsdq0sow.png

-Any house in Sadrith Mora; Sun-in-Shadow's House (Vvardenfell)
    We have a big tower like Tel Galen, but we don't have a cozy mushroom house like these. Love the brick texture, round doors, stone arches, floors, pretty much everything. They're very cozy, and lights look great in them because of the dark stone. They're also not completely overgrown with growths like Tel Galen is. Sorry, love Tel Galen, but also like this house version.
    wq69cx45w76q.png
    yqg8kf73p9ke.png
    n7mpq9epdilb.png
    xsvvnwtbnk78.png
    hh2wutc2hmzq.png
    8hjaq63dyuq4.png

-Menwendel's Nursery (Vos, Vvardenfell)
    Very cute grow room. Fun fact about this one but I think the first time I found this place, the NPC vendor was nowhere to be found, so I was so confused on the story of this place and who it belonged to. Now I see it's an alchemist's shop, and she has very nice taste in arranging her NPC home. There are also a lot of assets we don't own in housing yet.
    y9yhajqbq6bp.png
    31hpqlrb9qc4.png
    yse2752fhle7.png
    rwkzln9a1jq7.png
    pofoy3czm7n7.png
    moqib45q9x48.png
    o2e0l84oan1z.png
    7wfksze8j63u.png
    cpcjkqx7cumw.png
    b1fj9vz8zaci.png

Did I mention I like Summerset? I think I like Summerset. Summerset...
    Edited by TeruKisuke on November 6, 2021 4:55PM
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've also always been a sucker for Towers, I feel you there Mandragora. Like your suggestions.

My absolute two most desired homes are a larger home in Vivec City, and a Ceporah Tower private study like Valsirenn, Iachesis and Seht have. I could safely say if I got EITHER of those wishes granted, I'd be eternally grateful and never ask for another home again 😅😅

I've made threads for those two, voicing my suggestion for both of those if you're interested in checking them out. Feel free to leave a comment if you like! Here they are:

@TeruKisuke I absolutely love soooo many of the homes on your list as well. I've always particularly wanted a home in Lilandril or Shimmerene. Lot of the cottages in Summerset's countryside are really appealing too!

A few other places I've always wanted to see:

THIS house in Balmora. Gives us a home in one of the most iconic and beloved towns in the entire franchise's history, decently sized, has its own gated private garden and is currently completely unitilized. Atm it's just a locked door that you can't enter.

THIS tower house also located in Balmora. Has it's own little private courtyard and is situated nicely right on the river.

@TeruKisuke Also share your desire for a smaller home in Sadrith Mora. I mean LOOK AT THIS. Such a cool home that would provide a smaller alternative to Tel Galen.
    Edited by Vehlir on November 6, 2021 7:59PM
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sun-in-Shadow's House (Vvardenfell) and Menwendel's Nursery (Vos, Vvardenfell) - thanks @TeruKisuke for reminding me of those wonderful places, I managed to cope with Tel Galen somehow, but it lacks those cellar and growing room with the skylight. Other than that, I'd love to have something Ceporah Tower-themed (or at least a room inside of it), and a house in Vivec City, preferably on multiple levels, including the top ones and the canals, kind of like in this proposal, perhaps a tad bigger.
    Also an Inn like the Everfull Flagon, but with a trapdoor leading to multiple lower levels, kind of like in the Greymoor prologue.
    Can't think of anything else right now but I'm sure there are plenty of other places that'd make for wonderful homes, perhaps I'll add them as I come by them.
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for those nice pics, I agree that those smaller houses in Summerset and VVanderfell would be so good - exactly what I was thinking when doing quests around. Also Summerset does have some practical houses like greenhouse, ZOO or boathouse, that is the old wish for rp or farming houses again. And mages tower is part of that aswell.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    I would like a plot of empty land, with plenty of sunshine.
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's another one. There's another beautiful Blackreach/Dwemer area in Markarth called Nchuand-Zel. Always thought the loading screen was really beautiful, and a canal area with overhanging blue mushrooms would be lovely. We only got one house in Blackreach but for the most part it's bright orange color schemes, so having it be more blue, or even have different homes for the different Blackreach biomes (like the area with amethyst geodes, to put our craftable ones to good use.)

Nchuand-Zel (Under Markarth)

brdtsc7e73yl.png
    yrqfo91wsnin.png
    s1kdellfzin8.png