The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best and worst dungeon run?

Grandchamp1989
Grandchamp1989
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
What is the worst and best dungeon run you can remember doing?

Best:
For me it was strugglin so hard in a progression group to clear fang lair HM, took us so many tries over different day, but the amount of release when we finally got it was so amazing.
vBRP might be up there as well, but I distinctly remember fang lair stood out.

Worst:
There's a few but I remember a vet spindleclutch 1 run where the DD would randomly throw insults around, often unprovocked. At the final fight the boss throw the spit at a random player you have to roll dodge.. He didn't. He would constantly switch between dying to the AOE and the spit and everytime he he died, he would scream insults at us full caps lock.

His buddy tried to rez him and we tried to rez him, but almost as soon as he got up he did something stupid again and got himself killed.

Finally after a long string of insults me and the healer just let them lay there. It wasn't like their combined 10k dps was gonna make a huge difference.

He was screaming to get him up and was hurling insults at the healer.

When I told him it wasn't worth the soul gems he lost his **** and started insulting my ancestor's.

Such a weird guy.

I wonder if he's still laying on the floor in Spindleclutch to this day, hurling random insults around when people walk by.

What is your best and worst dungeon run experience?
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on November 9, 2021 5:06PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best: The one where 2 of us joined at the tail end of a boss fight where it was 2 of them, they wiped, got super pissed, and yelled at the 2 of us for joining the dungeon, I left with a smile.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best: When I got my Amber Plasm skin. I have other skins since then, most of which were harder to earn, but that was my first time really doing the kind of grouping needed for that in this game. And it was a lot of fun.

Worst: I was in a normal Lair of Maarselok on my healer and the tank left early. Couldn't really get the first boss down on that character because it just does it's heavy attack too often for me to roll dodge it each time on my templar, and the dps just weren't that great at it. And they couldn't roll doge that well despite being stam dps so they certainly couldn't tank it. After we wiped a few times, I suggested I use Bastian as a tank. And let them know that he took a second to taunt but once he did it should be smoother sailing. And it was. I then proceeded to do all the healing, manipulated Bastian so he did the tanking (and I tanked whenever he died), and still managed quite a bit of the group's dps. We don't have add-ons so I don't know much, but I will say it was definitely more than it should have been. There's genuinely no way this dungeon gets done without me. A tank comes in just before the last boss and then I crash. I am gone about a minute, maybe 2. I come back and they had kicked me, they didn't need me to tank anymore. They had just started the final boss. Literally I was only gone long enough for them to be shown the tutorial mobs about the purge mechanic, that's it. Kicked from group for that short of an amount of time after carrying the dungeon. Needless to say, I was pretty peeved.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 8, 2021 11:11AM
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best: queued for vet Cradle of Shadows. Whole run was smooth as butter despite being with randoms. I believe we got speed run and hardmode (this messed up the no death). Quite the rarity when not in a premade. In general premades with my peeps are always great.

Worst: Normal Moon Hunter Keep. Very hard to carry when you're the only one doing the mechanics despite explaining them in group chat. If I could kick the lot of them I would (grabs crown and disbands group).
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best: Zos had just introduced monster set motifs you could farm on vet, it was White gold tower. I joined with my tank on a vet run, when I got in I noticed that the group was at the last boss and thinking nothing about it since a lot of people leave as soon as the group wipes once, I pulled the last boss and I noticed that the group was less than optimal to say the least. They died to the lightning walls and I died to the atronach one shot mechanic, then one in the group wrote a sad message "sorry for wasting your time "my name", but we are all new and you won't be able to kill it with us". I thought this was very strange thinking about one wipe, especially since the flame atronach boss is harder than the last boss and they had killed that one and I asked them some questions, apparently they had gone through 2 tanks who had been extremely toxic towards them, calling them a bunch of things and still they hadn't left, because they wanted to kill the boss. So feeling bad for them about meeting 2 super toxic people, when all they had done was being new to the game, I instead of taking the que of the former tanks I just said "don't worry, I'll stay until we kill it, it's really not that hard". So I explained the 2 mechanics you need to think about on voice chat, we wiped once more and tried it again and killed it without a single person dying. The other in the group cheered on voice chat and me as well, congratulating them on a job well done. I said my good bye and left, then I got a long whisper from one of them thanking me, I in turn invited them all to a friends guild and after a few months these new players had completed vet MoL, vet HoF and were progressing on hm Vas and they are still my friends to this day.
    Lesson of the day? Don't be a toxic [snip] cursing at people when all you have to do is write one sentence and explain the mechanics instead of bashing on new players.
    I paraphrased quite a lot since this happened several years ago and I don't remember exactly what they said.

Worst: I think this is more fun than bad, but it's also about a toxic tank. I was leveling up a stamblade for PvP and I joined a rnd, it was Direfrost keep. I joined as a healer, I was in stam spec, I put on the heal that sacrifices your health to heal a party member, this being a normal very easy dungeon I knew this would be enough. The tank in the group had 810cp with 40k+ health, we went to the first boss and killed it easily, then the tank wrote "another fake healer great..." and I responded confused "I am healing?". He responded with "no you're not, you don't have a resto staff equipped". I just sighed and said to him I don't need a resto staff to heal, he bitched on and proudly said how he had finished every hm and vet trial as main tank and knew everything, I ignored him and we moved on. On the second boss same thing happened, we killed it extremely easy and I healed whenever I needed. Tank typed "why don't you heal me?", confused since I had healed him several times , I said "I healed you several times". He started a vote kick towards me and typed to the rest of the group "we need an acutal healer because otherwise we will never finish this dungeon". I was confused and asked if he was serious. Then I was kicked, he whispered me "that's what you get for not healing, you should learn from your betters".
    This was not long after summerset and I answered him with a link to my Z’Maja Shadow Skin and wrote "good luck getting this if you think you can't heal without a resto staff in normal direfrost" and put him on ignore. And I just sat for like 10 minutes flabbergasted about this dudes attitude and didn't know what to think, he was easily the most arrogant person I've ever encountered in eso, especially after seeing how bad he was at tanking, obviously lying about all his end game trials.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 8, 2021 5:31PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best: NFG1 on a pug. The other three were newer players all on characters below L25. I was on a very high level main tank and they were clearly a bit intimidated and very much wanted me to take the lead. Well, as a tank, that is great. Sure enough, they waited on every fight until after I pulled and had things under control. It was really quite a blast having a group that cooperated with the tank.

Worst: NVom on a pug. I routinely solo this dungeon with no drama/no death and know the mechanics cold. The other members of the pug? Not so much. I was killed by the first miniboss' blue beam thanks to my pug. Then I was killed again when a Rushahead raced ahead of the group up the bridge to Grothdarr. As the healer in the rear, I was killed by the flaming bridge before I could get up the bridge. I resolved to go back to the nice relaxing solo runs of VoM.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best: frostvault. Uh I just love the dungeon. Love the mechanics, the rat race mechanic on last boss is exhilarating. When we finally got HM there done the first time (it took hours the first time lol). The yelling, screaming when we messed up….ah I remember it now and it’s still funny 🤣🤣. I guess it also helped because 2 of the 3 ppl are really good friends to the point we could curse each other out and laugh about it 🤣. I also liked it pre-nerf, those lasers were cool mechanic. Now, they are just a bleak shadow of a former challenge.

Worst: funny, but it’s actually same as the one OP stated. Spindle 1. Perhaps not because of dungeon itself (because I do love sklein design and mephalas themes) but the run itself. It was a random normal, I was cp810 (cap at that time), all other players were leveles 20-30. Was actually dd role no fake roles on my end, although the tank and healer were not right roles but I was like I’m not gonna complain they lvl 20 and it’s normal, it’s whatevs.
    I stay with them, stop at every boss, no rushing ahead or anything. Then on last boss, at 5%, right before the boss drops, my screen shows that I was voted to get kicked. I actually saw the boss drop dead right before I got removed from instance.
    It’s the first time I actually decided to whisper ppl like “really?!”. 1 of them said “I don’t know what it was so I just said yes. I’m sorry, I’ve only played a week”. Second one said: “my friend asked me to just say yes to kick”. 3rd person (apparently initiator): “ that’s right we kicked you. This dungeon is too easy for you you should not be going here at that high level”. I said: “huh? It was a random normal I didn’t have a choice? Also I get to go wherever I like it’s not like I was rushing anyone?. And reply back was: “well tbh I looked at you Xbox profile and didn’t like what I saw instantly, but didn’t want to kick you immediately because after 1st boss I saw you were great help to clearing it, so i waited till last boss to kick you”.

I decided to just block after that reply. I actually wasn’t mad. Just extremely disappointed in a human right there.
    Edited by Grega on November 8, 2021 11:53PM
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best = any dungeon run that takes less than 10 minutes
    Worse = any dungeon run that takes more than 20 minutes...

I only do them to farm transmutes daily though.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best: Probably the first vet dungeon I did, when some guildmates persuaded me that vet city of ash 2 was the perfect place to start with vet dungeons 8) It wasn't easy but there was a big sense of achievement

Worst: every time (mostly on NA) you join a dungeon and some idiot shoots off ahead ignoring the group. Nowdays I just quit group when it happens. Sooner the transmute crystals for randoms thing is fixed the better - it's totally toxic.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best:

The Cauldron first time on Vet in what started as a random group. We had a tank who was flat out awful on the first boss and we had to kick them. Then the other DPS left. So we pulled in two people from one of my guilds and crushed the rest of the dungeon. Just a fun experience after that tank was kicked. Lot's of learning and trial and error.

Worst:
    Was in a Vet Scalecaller run as DPS and the tank was probably the most toxic person I've ever been in a dungeon with. We fought the first boss and the other DPS and healer died a few times during the fight. Neither had done the dungeon before. So I kept ressing and at a certain point just cleared the last like 25% health on my own while they were dead. Tank lost his mind that they kept dying and was just cursing everyone out. Even me for some reason, although I hadn't died at all and was doing most of the work. Sad thing is, we didn't even wipe on the boss, they just died a few times because they didn't catch onto the mechanics quickly enough during their first time doing it.

We kicked the tank immediately before the next boss because they would just not shut up. Well, we re-queue for a tank, and 15 minutes later we finally get one... and it was the same guy. Immediately kicked them and re-queued. Finally got a tank that wasn't that guy and crushed the dungeon without any issues after that. But that first part just sticks with me because that guy was the worst player I've ever been in a dungeon with.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best: Just getting LoM trifecta on a regular run through with group.

Worst: Doing pre-nerf LoM with low DPS groups.
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best:
    Any dungeon where people say "hello" when starting and "thanks for the run" after completing.

But one I want to mention was when my brother and I decided to run a two-player vet Blackheart Haven with our companions.
    My brother was a tank, his Mirri was a DD, I was a DD and my Bastian was a healer.
    We got all the way to the final boss (with only a few mishaps such as me accidently jumping off the bridge) but during the final boss fight, the two (real players) of us got fixed our complexion too many times, and my DPS unfortunately isn't the best, so my brother relogged as a DD and we completed the dungeon

Worst:
    Vet Fang Lair. I was the tank, and it was my first time in the dungeon. Apparently there are things you cannot taunt, and oh god that insect. Anyway, somewhere in Tamriel there's someone (or sometwo) with my name on their ignore list

FInal verdict is that I am just generally terrible at dungeons
    Edited by vibeborn on November 8, 2021 5:01PM
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best run was when I got my Sable Man Beast skin (vmhk) on the second attempt and my worst run was on Vmos (trying to get beast personality) and getting insulted by a bunch of try hards who I considered friends (I was new at the time and kind of sucked), they would link the personality and say I’ll never get it (I did get it once I “got good”) they aren’t my friends anymore :)
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best: vFL hm or vMHK <-- for sure my favorite two and FV is awesome too!
    Worst: Most of the time just any vet DLC dungeon Pug'd ; its all good though always try to help :)
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best: Jumping into a recent vet Cauldron run and smoking it on hard mode no death. Had to check that we were on vet before the last boss it was so smooth

Worst: Pugging a NORMAL White Gold Tower as a tank during this year's Cyrodiil event and the group wiped on the add pull before entering the tower. Had to pull the rip cord and bail.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best: Beating my first Vet Dungeon and doing it on hard mode. I believe this was LoM.

Worst: Toxic players in any dungeon who think they are the most important snow flake that can do everything without a group but spend more time dead without a healer to heal or tank to pull aggro. See this moreso Vet Pug groups - especially with Fake Tanks and Healers.
  • Thepeug
    Thepeug
    ✭✭✭
    Best: Finally beating vFV, and vSCP (didn't bother to try HM). Both of these dungeons took me tons of tries with PUGs--I struggled to learn the laser mechanic in FV--so beating them provided a huge sense of accomplishment.

Worst: the dozens and dozens of times that I DC'd because Mac is trash for games and was kicked from dungeons as a tank.
    Leeching Plate ftw
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Best? Hmm, there's a LOT for me but recently, my friends and I were queued as a tank and 2 dps for vet Dread Cellar, and we got Rich Lambert as our healer. A couple of use knew who it was cuz we watch his streams. It was a lot of fun.

For worst, I honestly couldn't tell ya an exact run. I have more patience than the average joe with newer players and don't mind carrying. But I think the generally worst dungeons I've had bad runs in were vFG2 and vCoA2 like 4 years ago. A lot of people let their toxicity out during those dungeons cuz they were actually hard back then.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Best:

The Cauldron first time on Vet in what started as a random group. We had a tank who was flat out awful on the first boss and we had to kick them. Then the other DPS left. So we pulled in two people from one of my guilds and crushed the rest of the dungeon. Just a fun experience after that tank was kicked. Lot's of learning and trial and error.

Worst:
    Was in a Vet Scalecaller run as DPS and the tank was probably the most toxic person I've ever been in a dungeon with. We fought the first boss and the other DPS and healer died a few times during the fight. Neither had done the dungeon before. So I kept ressing and at a certain point just cleared the last like 25% health on my own while they were dead. Tank lost his mind that they kept dying and was just cursing everyone out. Even me for some reason, although I hadn't died at all and was doing most of the work. Sad thing is, we didn't even wipe on the boss, they just died a few times because they didn't catch onto the mechanics quickly enough during their first time doing it.

We kicked the tank immediately before the next boss because they would just not shut up. Well, we re-queue for a tank, and 15 minutes later we finally get one... and it was the same guy. Immediately kicked them and re-queued. Finally got a tank that wasn't that guy and crushed the dungeon without any issues after that. But that first part just sticks with me because that guy was the worst player I've ever been in a dungeon with.

On further thought, I had another best run. Was doing Vet City of Ash 2 on my healer and for some reason (I can't remember why) we lost our tank after the first boss. Proceeded to 3 man the rest of the dungeon as we were unable to land a tank in the queue. It was some wild healing and kiting throughout the rest of the dungeon and one of the few fights I've ever recorded.

Not exactly a dungeon, but I solo healed Maw once, that was pretty crazy, especially the Twins.

(I also realize the most of my memorable dungeon experiences have been when the tanks have left lol)
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best where the fun ones with friends (and occasionally randoms who had mics). Once spent like 3 hours in Banished Cells 2 laughing our asses off at how bad we were while we struggled to figure out the mechanics and how we could beat it with our combined dps of like 15k.

Worst... when people were jerks I guess. But those have been few and far between, none really stand out. Wait, I once had a couple get in a massive fight in a massive fight with each other in Direfrost with me stuck in the middle of it. That was pretty bad and probably the last time I played with at least one of them.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thepeug wrote: »
    Best: Finally beating vFV, and vSCP (didn't bother to try HM). Both of these dungeons took me tons of tries with PUGs--I struggled to learn the laser mechanic in FV--so beating them provided a huge sense of accomplishment.

Worst: the dozens and dozens of times that I DC'd because Mac is trash for games and was kicked from dungeons as a tank.

Great call. Beating vet FV is such a great feeling. Once it clicks, you wonder why you ever struggled. For a group I was in, the boss after the lasers (the mage with the frost atro) was our struggle. Then I slotted a taunt as a DPS to pull the mage away from the tank and the atro. Was stupid easy after that.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've run so many dungeons so many times it all runs together now, so I don't have any specific runs, but as for my opinion on the design and mechanics of dungeons:

Best: White Gold Tower (pre-nerfs)

Worst: I don't have any dungeons that I hate completely, but...
    • I don't like any boss that has a shield/invincibility mechanic that prolongs an otherwise boring fight.
    • I also don't care for deliberate anti-solo mechanics that force you to run the dungeon with a group.
    • My biggest pet peeve is poorly telegraphed 1 shot mechanics. I don't like that some trials and dungeons require helper add-ons to tell you when a mechanic is happening because you will miss it otherwise.

For the most part I think ESO has done really well with DLC dungeons.
    Playing since beta...
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, the best are new dungeons that I get to run with a group that WANTS to enjoy the story.

This game has an INCREDIBLE amount of lore, and amazing storytelling. I started a new main about 5 months ago, and have taken him through EVERY piece of the story, in sequential order, talking to EVERYONE, including side quests. I know it’s not everybody’s cup of tea, but - by the DIVINES - has it been fun. So rich, and I’m stunned at how everything ties together so well when you slow down enough to take it in. I’m just starting Murkmire, and having a ball.

I have a good build (it’s a melee MagPlar) so I’ve been able to solo most of the dungeons so far, with a few exceptions.

The dungeons I can’t do alone because of mechanics or sheer difficulty, I have to run in groups. About half the time it’s gone well, since a lot of folks enjoy the lore and don’t mind waiting on me.

But the ones that are in a hurry have been my worst. Knowing that your group mates are furious at you for not wanting to blow through in ten minutes doesn’t feel good.
    Edited by milesrodneymcneely2_ESO on November 8, 2021 10:47PM
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best: any dungeon done with guildmates. We goof about, laugh, and generally have a blast even when trying HM prog, it's always a blast.

Worst: recent daily random pug on my warden healer on NA in red petal bastion, where categorically nobody would even attempt to understand the mechanics and just kept killing themselves over and over, yet expecting me to heal them through.

Even after I attempted repeatedly to explain the mechanics to them, they refused to interrupt anything, get out of aoe, etc. They just stood there trying to burn down bosses; mind you Hodors was reporting group dps at 25k with me doing 47% of it. Tank was also clearly newish and was trying well enough, but they wouldn't listen to him either.

Hot mess! Could not get out of there fast enough. :D
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Worst: First dungeon run ever. I don't even remember what dungeon it was. I was on a sword and board nightblade and ASKED to fill a DPS slot. I was at ~400 CP give or take a few. At one of the bosses two of them die. It is just me and the tank passing the boss back and forth since one of my few attack skills included a taunt. They told me to revive the other team members, but having never been in group content before and never having the revive mechanic explained to me. I didn't know that it wasn't possible to self revive in group content. I thought these other two players were just being lazy or something. Avoided group content for a good while after that.

Not sure about a "best' but there are a few memorable ones:
    Pug run of normal Darkshade Caverns 2 on a magic warden. We start to take on the boss, within moments the other three are no where to be seen (two died and one crashed). I finished off that boss and got the final wolf lead that I needed.

Attempting to solo normal Darkshade Caverns 2 on a magic necromancer and getting stuck on the final boss. Asked guild members for help and suddenly had a full team. Once they realized I had solo'd the netch boss, I was asked what it would take to get me to join their trial team. I said, "don't require discord". Karma struck, died along with two others almost immediately and a single member finished off the boss.

PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vet WGT. We had 2 300 cp DDs. After first mob pack tank said that we have 0 dps and initiated vote kick on one DD. Vote passed, DD out. Then he initiated vote kick on 2nd DD, vote passed. Then i left team and he left alone, with timer expiring. Morale is, i didnt get a 15 min cooldown.
    I stay with team until its clear we cannot pass a boss, but i never quit after a trash pack.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would say the "worst" dungeon runs ive had were ones with people who speed ahead of the group (im cp2000+ but i hate rushing dungeons, i dont loot everything, but dont like rushing either)

i would say ive had a lot of "best" experiences though

on 2 occasions i was helping friends get valkyn skoria helms (this was a couple years ago now), i was tank and while fighting the last boss the group ended up dying...except me, i just kept chugging along and ended up killing skoria doing about 60-70% of the boss hp by myself (on vet too lol, the friends were hooting and hollering on discord too lol)

i had another dungeon where i got in as a tank in a normal fang lair, on loading in i noticed the others in the group were low cp, so i asked if they had run the dungeon before, none of them had so we took it easy, and explained each boss on the way, we had 1 wipe at caluurion because group dps was just a little too low to outright burn him, so i explained full mechs of the fight and we got through it and after we finished the full run all 3 of them were appreciative i took the time to explain the mechs and thought it was a lot of fun, which for me was more satisfying than speed running the dungeon

another "funny" run i had, i was on a NB i use for pvp, but i accidentally had myself marked as tank (i was running with 3 friends a previous day and forgot to change my role back to dps), so i was running with another friend and got some randoms (people i dont know) in a normal march of sacrifices. yes this is normally not too bad except when your on a dps toon with 12k resist unbuffed tanking gets a bit tough lol, in the end everything went well (yes i slotted a taunt, and after a few hiccups on first boss where we wiped once because i was unable to block the shield boss heavy attack (had to dodge it instead), the rest of the dungeon was smooth sailing), it was definitely a different experience or sure lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best:
    My first dungeon: Banished Cells I solo for the jailbreaker set. I was so happy that I could complete it by myself so I queued for a random.

Worst:
    My first random. I explained I was new and someone responded "Oh, great...." I forget what the dungeon was called but there was a lot of running up waterfalls and huge packs of mobs chasing the group. Every time I'd get stuck the mobs would target, slow and kill me. About 3 deaths in I got voted out of the dungeon.

Then I got a private message telling me I sucked and not to queue anymore. NGL, it was really hurtful and I couldn't bring myself to log in for a few days.
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anifaas wrote: »
    Best:
    My first dungeon: Banished Cells I solo for the jailbreaker set. I was so happy that I could complete it by myself so I queued for a random.

Worst:
    My first random. I explained I was new and someone responded "Oh, great...." I forget what the dungeon was called but there was a lot of running up waterfalls and huge packs of mobs chasing the group. Every time I'd get stuck the mobs would target, slow and kill me. About 3 deaths in I got voted out of the dungeon.

Then I got a private message telling me I sucked and not to queue anymore. NGL, it was really hurtful and I couldn't bring myself to log in for a few days.

Sad panda, good you came back.
    Was it a run on normal?
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im not sure that I really have a "worst" per se. Most are a collection of funny stories. As long as people arent rude, I don't really care what happens.

One of the more belligerent runs was in vBRF. It was a pledge and right after the attros were removed from the island. We sailed through the dungeon easily enough until the last boss on HM. The other DD was pretty rude to the tank so they left. They went into one of their guilds and found a tank. New tank shows up and says "ive never done HM before."

So we press on. Unfortunately the tank died so fast he look like someone rapidly pulled their hand out of a puppet and fell flacid on the floor. After a few goes the other DD got really nasty. The healer left. A nother try or two and the DD still ranting (with no real constructive communication) the healer whispers me and asks me if I know them. I say no.

The tank finally got fed up with it and left. The healer and I decided to kick them and invited the tank back. They were hesitant, but they came back. We got a new DD then finished the dungeon and the tank got their hm clear.

The best are always the blind HM runs with my friends.
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best
    A guildmate asked me to fill in on a tank in vet Unhallowed Grave. I was on a pretty fresh account on the ps4 server only having 300+ cp at the time my gear was a ult reduction build with a random assortment of quality at the time. Regardless, we cleared the dungeon all bosses included with none of us knowing the dungeon beforehand we had some funny wipes beforehand. Some included our foolish attempts at trying HM...it didn't last long. That run basically solidified Warden as my favorite tank to play as and also got Ceramic Panic achievement that same run.

Worst
    I was leveling a healer and decided to run nFG2 for the skill point. One cp tank and the rest of the dps was below 50 also clearly new to the dungeon. The tank runs to the first boss leaving and all aggro to us. We eventually wipe with me trying to heal a spread out group with aggro spread across everyone. The tank goes "Oh it's one of those groups" and leaves. It annoyed me a lot and my reaction was basically "Imagine new players in a normal dungeon." Fortunately, I kept the group together the best I can with some trouble at Gantu because she loved throwing me in the chains. We eventually got a tank before the boss at the shard, but that was the first time I just put someone on the Ignore list.