The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I just dont feel powerful at all...

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    oh yeah, hold off on any more "permanent" gear choices until you hit cp160...then the real fun/grind for gear can begin...

another suggestion i would make - leave those build provider sites alone for a while...just spend time reading through your skill descriptions and try to figure out the best skills and rotations to use to make sure you: shield, heal, buff, de-buff, attack, defend...also work on timing your blocks and roll dodges...

no doubt since you've been away for a good while there are a lot of zones/areas for you to explore...i'd suggest finding some you enjoy, go explore, collect skyshards and clear out some public dungeons...

i have toons now that are six plus years old, their development never stops...

Ignoring the sites may be good, but using them helped me understand the game better.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, hold off on any more "permanent" gear choices until you hit cp160...then the real fun/grind for gear can begin...

another suggestion i would make - leave those build provider sites alone for a while...just spend time reading through your skill descriptions and try to figure out the best skills and rotations to use to make sure you: shield, heal, buff, de-buff, attack, defend...also work on timing your blocks and roll dodges...

no doubt since you've been away for a good while there are a lot of zones/areas for you to explore...i'd suggest finding some you enjoy, go explore, collect skyshards and clear out some public dungeons...

Ignoring the sites may be good, but using them helped me understand the game better.

it's funny, most of my build ideas come from the forums and posters complaining about different sets and skills :)

i can understand the desire to become "successful" in the game as soon as possible, i don't know though, for myself a big part of the enjoyment i get from the game is figuring things out, through trial and error, myself...

definitely to understand "how things work", like status effects for example - it is pretty darn necessary to go online to a lot of the brilliant support sites for the game...when it comes to gear choices and rotations though - very rewarding when you can put that together yourself...and yes, that can take years...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 4, 2021 9:03PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to show my work, so to speak. This is what Ive currently got equipped, powers, abilities, gear levels etc. Im only 40.. and I just dont have the know-how regarding everything they've butterballed this game into progression-wise.

Hell I just finished the main story quest, and when I took the next one from Cadwell, it just jacked me out of my Ebonheart Pact faction and away from my wife, and stuck me in Daggerfall.. and the only way I can see to get BACK to Ebonheart Pact is to pay ESO 2500 Crowns for a faction change BACK... (Dont even get me started on how angry this makes me, or how absolutely silly this is overall.)

As mentioned, this is wrong.

The whole point of the One Tamriel/scaling thing, is that you can just pop to whatever wayshrine you want, in any zone/faction you want, and do quests. The quest text just keeps referring to you as the "hero" of that faction's storyline, regardless of what faction you chose at character creation. (Cadwell gives you some technobabble about why that is, when you do the Cadwell's Silver beginning.)

"Faction Change" is just for PvP.

(in the old, non-scaled system, Cadwell's Silver and Gold sent you to the other faction zones at "Veteran" levels, so you could play straight through those stories, too. And yeah, they were instanced off, so you couldn't join up with anyone in those zones who weren't also in the same Veteran path as you were. But it still wasn't a "faction change" situation.)
  • nazgull2k1ub17_ESO
    nazgull2k1ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »
    I beat Skyrim at level 1.

What does that even mean? Yay, you beat the tutorial? :D

..... you do realize you can beat that *entire* game at level 1 right? Start to finish. Opening cinematic to closing credits. ...

[snip]

Open Skyrim. Create character. Start Game. "LEVEL UP" banner appears....

Dont open it.

Its THAT simple. Since "Everything is YOUR level".. nothing ever goes past level 1. Not even the last boss.

[snip]
    [edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 5, 2021 1:59PM
  • nazgull2k1ub17_ESO
    nazgull2k1ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wanted to post an update,

First and foremost I forgot to mention in my last post, I DID HAVE MY ATTRIBUTES wrong. I Was 2 to 1'ing Magicka and Health.

I have changed this to ALL Magicka, and I can already see the difference in damage being done.

Updated my Armor (same set/stats, just Spidersilk level 40 with bonus XP per piece, purple. As before.) Firgured getting to 50 as fast as possible was my only real shot here. higher level runes has boosted my magic pool, enabling more casting per mana bar.

Started this whole "weaving" thing.. working on it. Not saying Im great, but its a start.

My jewelry and weapon are basically ghetto fabulous, but havent really gotten any drops worth replacing my crafted ghetto stick yet. lol.

Bookmarked a few mentioned sites, can do some reading once i hit 50. See where it leads.

For now though.. Mudcrabs now fear me, as they rightly should. :P
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me tell you how shocked I was when I hit 50 on my first character (well.... second, but that's not germane here). I couldn't kill anything - okay, skeevers.... but not fast. And yes, I was in CP 10 gear. I spent a LONG time crafting for XP with enlightenment before it got to a point (about CP 100) where I felt like I could chance Vvardenfell overland again - and again, in CP 100 gear. It still wasn't easy, and goddesses forbid I ran into a troll (well, the goddesses didn't love me, and the troll wiped the floor with me in short order). So yeah....

A shock to the system, because no one really explains this....
  • nazgull2k1ub17_ESO
    nazgull2k1ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I just got the 5 piece set bonus of Llamia gear from a dungeon and [snip] I am Death incarnate!

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 5, 2021 1:57PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

it's funny, most of my build ideas come from the forums and posters complaining about different sets and skills :)

i can understand the desire to become "successful" in the game as soon as possible, i don't know though, for myself a big part of the enjoyment i get from the game is figuring things out, through trial and error, myself...

definitely to understand "how things work", like status effects for example - it is pretty darn necessary to go online to a lot of the brilliant support sites for the game...when it comes to gear choices and rotations though - very rewarding when you can put that together yourself...and yes, that can take years...

I am not quite "successful, but I muddle through. I used the builds and then make my own choices since the reasoning behind the builds enlightened me. Everyone should do what works the best for them of course and your advice was not bad.

PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Alarde
    Alarde
    ✭✭✭
    You're absolutelly right, op. But don't expect people on the forums to grasp what challenging overland means. Many tried before you and failed.
  • Saieden
    Saieden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got the 5 piece set bonus of Llamia gear from a dungeon and [snip] I am Death incarnate!

Good to hear, I was gonna when I saw your pics that what you really need is a) level appropriate gear (as mentioned before, don't go out of your way before CP160, you'll get there faster than you think) and b) getting set bonuses from your gear.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 5, 2021 1:57PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you have the chapter, I'd highly suggest leveling your antiquities skill line...

it'll help drag you around the map to pick up more skyshards and skill points, plus - you'll earn a couple of hundred thousand gold just leveling...

you're gonna need the gold once you hit cp160 and want to start buying or crafting some of your gear...

speaking of which, I'd suggest getting started on leveling your crafting skill lines also...super helpful once you start putting together your gear sets...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All. As stated earlier this week, we have a core Overland Feedback Thread that exists for this kind of conversation. Please place your thoughts and feedback in the thread here, rather than making a new thread discussing the same topic. For those engaging in this thread, please keep the conversation civil. Keep the forum rules top of mind here.

We are closing this thread and players are free to continue sharing their thoughts in the linked thread. Thanks.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.